Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #21
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice
Default Re: BlackBerry Down!

So why didn't ya say you needed a Blackberry, Al?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #22
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

If you are still under you 1 year warranty just go back to the store and have them replace it. Won't cost you anything.. The only way they deny you is if they can prove there is water damage but I doubt they can. Since it wasn't really submerged I doubt the water damage indicator will be tripped. Give it a try, it could save you 50 bucks and the insurance claim.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
If you are still under you 1 year warranty just go back to the store and have them replace it. Won't cost you anything.. The only way they deny you is if they can prove there is water damage but I doubt they can. Since it wasn't really submerged I doubt the water damage indicator will be tripped. Give it a try, it could save you 50 bucks and the insurance claim.
FYI...some phones have a little white strip that is under the battery that will turn red if wet.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #24
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
So why didn't ya say you needed a Blackberry, Al?

Cuz I'm smart!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Cuz I'm smart!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #26
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
Don't you have a bomb crawling across Canada that you should be checking on?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #27
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
FYI...some phones have a little white strip that is under the battery that will turn red if wet.
Trust me I know! I've had a few water damaged phones that the indicator did not show water damage. If you don't fully submerge your phone in water there is a good chance that it won't change color.

I've worked in the cell phone industry briefly and companies really don't even notice if you white out that indicator. So say it starts out white and turns pink to indicate water damage. Put some white out on there and companies don't even notice. Be careful though if there are obvious signs of water damage (ie water under the screen, mold growing on the battery terminals you might not want to try it).

*disclaimer: I'm not advising anyone to commit fraud or take advantage of companies this way. I'm just saying it is done and consumers can get away with it a lot.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #28
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Trust me I know! I've had a few water damaged phones that the indicator did not show water damage. If you don't fully submerge your phone in water there is a good chance that it won't change color.

I've worked in the cell phone industry briefly and companies really don't even notice if you white out that indicator. So say it starts out white and turns pink to indicate water damage. Put some white out on there and companies don't even notice. Be careful though if there are obvious signs of water damage (ie water under the screen, mold growing on the battery terminals you might not want to try it).

*disclaimer: I'm not advising anyone to commit fraud or take advantage of companies this way. I'm just saying it is done and consumers can get away with it a lot.

I like this guy!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
Tazziedevil
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Tazziedevil is on a distinguished road

This post made me cringe! I love my berry and would be devestated if I dunked mine!
Posted via Mobile Device
Tazziedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #30
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Don't you have a bomb crawling across Canada that you should be checking on?
might be redirected to nj, ya never know??