Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 06-21-2023, 10:22 PM   #3341
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

I grabbed this bottle while I was in Albuquerque last week.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:52 PM   #3342
Mikepd
I Miss Pnoon

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
RA
Mikepd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
I grabbed this bottle while I was in Albuquerque last week.

Nice pick up! A number of stores around me are carrying EC SiB Store Picks, mostly 8 year bottles, one store had 8, 9 , and 11 year picks recently, but all are 94 proof. Sadly no EC SiB picks around me in NY that are the barrel proof, going to have to check around in Florida when I'm back down there next week.
Mikepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 08:12 AM   #3343
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Bob, you're at now where I was at a couple/few years ago. It may slow down at some point, but stopping??

Stopped into Binny's by me yesterday, finding that all their decent allocated stuff gets put out on Wednesdays and Fridays. Yesterday was just a Buffalo Trace delivery, and they offered Weller SR, Eagle Rare and EH Taylor.....but you could only have one of one pick. I took the Taylor.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 08:51 AM   #3344
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Nice pick up Tom.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #3345
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Bob, you're at now where I was at a couple/few years ago. It may slow down at some point, but stopping??

Stopped into Binny's by me yesterday, finding that all their decent allocated stuff gets put out on Wednesdays and Fridays. Yesterday was just a Buffalo Trace delivery, and they offered Weller SR, Eagle Rare and EH Taylor.....but you could only have one of one pick. I took the Taylor.
I've heard the latest batches of taylor small batch have been not so great, I suspect this one isn't going to be opened by you but in case you were planning on it, might want to swap it for something more your speed
Old 06-24-2023, 08:01 AM   #3346
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I've heard the latest batches of taylor small batch have been not so great, I suspect this one isn't going to be opened by you but in case you were planning on it, might want to swap it for something more your speed
I appreciate it, Ben. I actually thought of keeping it, but now it's trade bait for sure.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-25-2023, 09:47 PM   #3347
kingcobradude
Now known as Epicdragon7

First Name: Clay
Trading: (2)
kingcobradude is on a distinguished road

Scored a bottle each of blackened whiskey and MM BEP over the weekend
kingcobradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 08:25 AM   #3348
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Recent pick ups.

Old 06-26-2023, 09:15 AM   #3349
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Recent pick ups.

You've Got "The Bug", Bob! I Had A Shot Of Elijah Craig Small Batch At My Golf Club The Other Day After A Hot, Sweaty Round And It Was Awesome!!!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:55 AM   #3350
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

That MM BEP is a good one, Clay.

Which ECBP batch is that, Bob?

Couple Booker's pours for me last night.

Old 06-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #3351
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

C922 Tom.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:52 AM   #3352
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
C922 Tom.
Nice! I end up getting 1-2 of each of the ECBP releases, I don't drink them fast enough so I have about 7 or 8 batches open right now

Speaking of Heaven Hill, went to a cool tasting on Friday. HH's wheated mashbill at different ages from new make to 8 year followed by the latest Larceny BP and a few special surprises at the end. Hell of a night

Old 06-26-2023, 10:56 AM   #3353
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Glad to hear it’s a good batch, Ben. I stopped at a store that’s maybe half a mile from my house. Had never been there before. He wasn’t price gouging, got the HH and EC at msrp.

Sounds like a nice night too. I need to find out about more things like that around me.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:20 AM   #3354
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Cracked open the Bardstown. Some tasty bourbon.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:45 AM   #3355
kingcobradude
Now known as Epicdragon7

First Name: Clay
Trading: (2)
kingcobradude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That MM BEP is a good one, Clay.

I was lucky to get it. It was on their allocation raffle list, but the guy was nice enough to sell it to me
kingcobradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:34 AM   #3356
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Very cool, Clay!

Bob, let us know what you think of C922. I bought a few private barrels but I don't think I've bought a new ECBP batch since C920 or so. I've got 2 backups of each of my 3 favorites, so a batch would have to draw some raves for me to buy now.

Ben, that HH tasting sounds great! Please tell me about the HH20. I've heard that it is the best Booker's batch ever and isn't Booker's.

I have been hitting the Barrell Batch 28 hard since I have a backup now (thanks Mike). Just delicious.

Old 06-28-2023, 04:01 PM   #3357
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Dammit! Told myself I was done buying for now. Stopped by the one nice store in my area, as I believe they get their deliveries on Wednesday. What did my eye spy? I’m guessing I just overlooked this until getting that blind sample from Ben.

Old 06-28-2023, 04:55 PM   #3358
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Interesting with the Moscatel finish, I have not been excited for the regular Woodinville.

Making it through dance nationals this week with a Wilderness Trail black label single barrel.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:37 AM   #3359
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

With apologies to Curtis Mayfield, "Pinkie's dead .... that's what I said".

Hope that's a good one for you, Bob. I'm not a big finished whiskey guy but I know there's some interesting ones out there.

Old 06-29-2023, 09:12 AM   #3360
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Dammit! Told myself I was done buying for now. Stopped by the one nice store in my area, as I believe they get their deliveries on Wednesday. What did my eye spy? I’m guessing I just overlooked this until getting that blind sample from Ben.
Nice find! I didn't think those made it out of the state, guess I was wrong. I've tried some of their other finished special releases, the sherry ones were interesting but the latest batch of smoked ones were not great. I forget all the details on those but it didn't taste smokey, just pretty meh. I liked the Moscatel a lot