Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 01-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #2481
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
192.4 this morning.
Nice job Scott. Keep it up.

I'm down to 188.6 this morning.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #2482
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Nice job Scott. Keep it up.

I'm down to 188.6 this morning.
I'm not really doing anything, Bob. I'm just matching my intake to my metabolism.
Yesterday's diet was 3 pieces of Amish Friendship bread for lunch, two cans of Spaghettios for dinner, and a pumpkin pop-tart before bed. That illustrates how "flexible" I am with my diet.
I don't normally eat junk all day, or at all, really. It just honestly doesn't matter what I eat as long as the net aggregate is healthy, and I actually levitate towards good food anymore.
The amount of food I stuff in my gob is tiny compared to what it used to be. That was a very difficult habit to break and it's an easy one to get back to. I had to do some serious rewiring and rethinking to make it stick, and I imagine it's still precarious at best.
One great thing that's happened that I never understood is desert. I never ordered coffee and desert at a restaurant because I'd be so stuffed and in pain that it wasn't even an option. Now I fill up fast, stop eating, sit for a bit, wait for Weeze to finish, and usually we share desert and have a cup of coffee. We carry TONS of leftovers home, too. It's cut down on having to cook dinner.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #2483
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Well, I'm jumping on board....the stories I have been reading on the Health and Fitness section of this forum are inspiring.

Heading back to the Caribbean in the Spring and figured that I better get in better beach shape than I was in last year. I weighed in at 222('bout what I was in the picture you are seeing) at the first of the year and would like to get back to 200(weight I was when I graduated HS 24 years ago) by the time I head South. Way I look at it, it is about a pound a year....

Though I have always tried to get to the gym in the colder months and I ride bikes a lot in the warmer months, I have never really watched what I eat. That is relative, I like to think I know what I am putting in my body...but portions have never meant a thing to me. I am not one to eat dessert, but I'll eat 3 plate loads of whatever is for dinner, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have started to count calories and have been religious at the gym.....we'll see where we end up..... It is written down for all to see, with a pic as well.... Here's hoping that I look better than this in 2.5ish months.....

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #2484
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck EJ. It's amazing to see how much you really eat when you start counting calories, huh? I was surprised to say the least.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #2485
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw13 View Post
it's amazing to see how much you really eat when you start counting calories, huh?
very!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #2486
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I finished down 48 for the year and took the past week to eat anything I wanted. I start up P90X on Monday and going to see how well that does for me after 90 days. Then I'll be on to P90X2 after that.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #2487
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Awesome Duane. I really want to start the P90x program, but I'm so hooked in using my treadmill right now. Just did another 4.6 miles today, over 23 for the week.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2488
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Awesome Duane. I really want to start the P90x program, but I'm so hooked in using my treadmill right now. Just did another 4.6 miles today, over 23 for the week.
I'm actually going to start off with the P90X Lean option right now. I still have weight to lose and I'll have plenty of opportunity to do the more intensive weight training in the P90X classic.

I was up 6 lbs today after a 10 day diet "sabbatical" of sorts, but I'm full water compared to when I wasn't as fully hydrated on New Year's Day. I took measurements of my chest, waist, and biceps so we'll see how many inches I can shed over the next 12 weeks. I'm hoping by the end of the 12 weeks that I can easily be down to my goal weight of 170. Haven't seen that number on the scale in almost 20 years when I got out of the active duty basic training and AIT days.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #2489
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Been sick since Tuesday/Wednesday..... Still getting sneaking in 30 minutes of cardio all hopped up on DayQuil and eating right. No weights, think my head would explode. Not sure pushing through is helping me recover... Wednesday was the worst, thought I may pass out....

I have never worked out when ill....but I have this thing in my head that ANY waiver of commitment, is waiver of commitment...

Obviously I'm not so ill I cannot work out, puking ect...
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #2490
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

How's everyone doing this snowy morning? Haven't done an official weigh in for some time. Figured I'd give an update. Drumroll please...

187.4. That's approximately 112lbs I've lost, since I'm guessing I started around the 300lb mark. Had some good news earlier in the week concerning my blood sugar. My hemoglobin A1C this go around was a 4.9. Normal range is 4-6. I haven't taken a pill for either my blood sugar or blood pressure in months as my readings are all in the normal range. Amazing what exercise and good diet can do.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #2491
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Bob!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #2492
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
How's everyone doing this snowy morning? Haven't done an official weigh in for some time. Figured I'd give an update. Drumroll please...

187.4. That's approximately 112lbs I've lost, since I'm guessing I started around the 300lb mark. Had some good news earlier in the week concerning my blood sugar. My hemoglobin A1C this go around was a 4.9. Normal range is 4-6. I haven't taken a pill for either my blood sugar or blood pressure in months as my readings are all in the normal range. Amazing what exercise and good diet can do.
That is stinking AWESOME!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #2493
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
How's everyone doing this snowy morning? Haven't done an official weigh in for some time.
I'm down to 211( 210.9 ) this morning.... Since this started January 1st, I'm down 11lbs in my journey to get to 200lbs by mid March. I am truly amazed the difference I can see with 11lbs....
Old 01-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #2494
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I'm down to 211( 210.9 ) this morning.... Since this started January 1st, I'm down 11lbs in my journey to get to 200lbs by mid March. I am truly amazed the difference I can see with 11lbs....
Thats awesome! Keep up the good work EJ.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #2495
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
EJ, me and you are on the same path, Jan 1st I weighed 229...down to 223, want to get back to 200 Lbs.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #2496
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Not bad considering we just got back from vacation. I had a brief look at 189-something last week but I knew it wouldn't last.
These last few pounds are tough. I'd like to find 185 and stay right around there. Right now I've come down 59 pounds from where I started a couple years ago. I made it to 185 then shot back up to 223. This time it's been slow and steady because I've adjusted what and how I eat. I can't believe I'm not a skeleton because I really don't eat much of anything at all.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #2497
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice job Scott. You and I are right about the same. I was 187.8 this morning and that was after a 8.5 mile run last night. I"m hovering between that 187-192 mark, but can't seem to hit that 185.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #2498
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I was 185 and ripped when my daughter was born 15 years ago. Spent at least five days a week at the Y. We have a gym membership, I'm going to have to start using it.
I see my back doctor in a week or so, I'm going to ask if she can get me to PT to find some exercises for my back, then when I see my neurologist I'm going to see if he's got any ideas about how I can work out with having to be carried home on a stretcher.
I fear it's going to require more drugs and I'm not real keen on that. But I can't do any repetitive motions without my muscles staying stuck. If I can just get some good work in on my back, that should help dramatically. And it should take a few more pounds off and make me feel better, I figure.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #2499
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
EJ, me and you are on the same path, Jan 1st I weighed 229...down to 223, want to get back to 200 Lbs.
We will walk a river, huck some flies, smoke a great cigar and celebrate our goal together this Summer! Maybe a trip to the Green......
Old 01-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #2500
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

189.8 this morning. Talk about just barely sneaking under the magical barrier.