Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats > Recipes

Old 12-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
PaleRider

Thumbs up Holiday Rum Balls. mmmmmmm good!

Alright my brothers! 'Tis the season of giving! Sooo...I am going to share with you a Holiday Cookie recipe that has been in my family for years and years. And it is so easy and quick!

No Bake Rum Balls

1) 12oz. Box of Nilla Wafers
1C. Finely Chopped Walnuts
1C. Confectioners Sugar (powdered sugar)
2TBS. Sifted Cocoa
1/8tsp. Salt
1/2C. +/- East indies Goods! (I use Bacardi in all of my cooking recipes that require rum)
2-3 TBS. Dark Corn Syrup

Crush the Nilla wafers to a consistency of about cornmeal. I use an apothecaries Mortal and Pestal. Does the job superfine. Mix evenly until all ingredients are moistened. Using confectioners sugar, shape into balls. Place balls on waxed paper. Allow to to dry 4-5 hours. (if you can stand to wait that long, I never can!). Roll in confectioners sugar and store in a tightly covered container.

NOTE: Do not attempt to operate heavy equipment after eating more than 2 rum balls!

I really love this cookie with a full flavored cigar and some drambuie and coffee. Makes for a very fine epicurian adventure.

Let me know how you like 'em guys! Enjoy!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #2
TravelingJ

Default Re: Holiday Rum Balls. mmmmmmm good!

Hey now! I think I finally know what I'm taking to Christmas Dinner! That's beautiful.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
stinkie
Still Watching My Back

First Name: dan
Trading: (2)
stinkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holiday Rum Balls. mmmmmmm good!

i have an easy one .
2cups of vanilla wafers (finely crushed)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 to1/2 cup rum

in a large mixing bowl combine all the above. stir until well blended (mixture will be crumbly) if you add to much rum add more wafers.
have an air tight container with wax paper set aside for storage.

shape mix into 1 inch balls roll in powdered sugar. place on ungreased cookie sheet for 1 hour re-roll in powdered sugar. place in air tight container with waxpaper between layers store in refigerator .flaver improves with time .

DOnot opperate anykind of machinery or drive after 3or4 you will blow a very large number.

you can also use ginger snaps instead of vanilla wafers and burbon tinstead of rum. they will taste very good.

happy holidays

stinkie
stinkie is offline   Reply With Quote