Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats > Recipes

Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default A 10 minute chicken/couscous meal I whipped up.

Was bored for dinner tonight and eating alone, so I experimented and came up with this. It's an obvious copy of some traditional breaded chicken/Italian recipes but I found the pairing to be extremely awesome. Not to mention it took like 10 minutes.

No real measurements as I was just messing around, but it's not that exact of a meal.

Ingredients -

1 box of Near East Herbed Chicken Couscous mix. (Brown and white box... bout 2.50$ on average)

Few pieces of chicken tenderloins
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Italian Bread Crumbs
Red Chili Flakes
Garlic Powder
Salt

Add to a plate: Enough bread crumbs to cover the surface of it. Then mix in about 1/2 cup or so of finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese. Add a few dashes of chili flake in there and a bit of garlic powder and salt to taste. Mix it all around nice and good.

Pour some olive oil in a frying pan (enough to coat the surface) or on a skillet and heat to medium.

Wet the chicken then bread them. Take some of the breading and push it onto the surface of the chicken so it's well on there.

Now start the couscous mix. (boil water, seasoning and olive oil). Then add the couscous and stir. Once it's soaked up the water, remove from heat and let it sit.

Now take the breaded chicken and pan fry them till they are golden brown on each side.

Take a fork and fluff the couscous. Serve the chicken over the couscous. Maybe with a vegetable on the side.

Super super super easy, and was surprisingly very delicious.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote