Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #181
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: "Boardwalk Empire" Season 1 Banter

*Fredo
Old 12-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #182
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Season Finale Tonight!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #183
DonAustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Season Finale Tonight!
I know, I cant wait brother! It should be good
Old 12-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #184
DonAustin

"Cause if i had used the shotgun, I would have had to clean the mess up myself" priceless
Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #185
DonAustin

She better burn that damn postcard from Paris
Old 12-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #186
DonAustin

I've got to admit, very predictable up to this point, and the only good thing about this finale so far is the Cohiba I'm smoking during it
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #187
DonAustin

Wow that finale really sucked guys, I'm genuinely disappointed right now. By the rest of the season I should'nt have but I did have high hopes for this finale. Oh Well, GREAT COHIBA though
Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #188
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

2 shotgun deaths, one handgun, one straight razor, pregnant hookers, million dollar deals, illicit backroom plotting, double crosses, philandering postcards, family reunions, intregrated celebrations,......all just setting up season 2.

Yeah, it wasn't the exciting finale, but I guess they know what they're doing.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #189
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

If you watch the scene again, it's actually Jimmys boot knife and not a straight razor. But I completely agree it is all setting up season 2.

Shame the finale couldn't be more exciting. The last 2 episodes were kinda MEH.....I really hope they did this to start season 2 off with a huge bang.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 AM   #190
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I liked the season finale. I love the line that went something like "It isn't Halloween" and then BOOM! That mask guy is going to continue to be a great character.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #191
DonAustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
If you watch the scene again, it's actually Jimmys boot knife and not a straight razor. But I completely agree it is all setting up season 2.

Shame the finale couldn't be more exciting. The last 2 episodes were kinda MEH.....I really hope they did this to start season 2 off with a huge bang.
I hope so to, I believe it will though. If not, I can honestly say if the season goes the same as this one did, I wont be as a dedicated viewer as I was this season.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #192
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

can someone tell me who Luciano was shooting at the end there (it was a delivery truck full of booze)? was this important or just filler?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #193
DonAustin

I don't know man, I was wondering the same. It was almost like it was a deal going wrong, but I was'nt for sure.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #194
Powers

Bolivar

I liked the finale! I think season 1 of the Sopranos is very comparable, that wasn't a mind blowing season either, but a solid one that set up things to come. I think HBO knows they've got the next big there w/Boardwalk and are setting it up for the long-haul

Tying in Harding's "Return to Normalcy" speech w/Margaret and Nucky getting back together was brilliant. My favorite line of the night though: "Woodrow Wilson, that Southern son of a b*tch"

And I couldn't figure out who Lucky whacked either, I think it was a Dalesio brother?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #195
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And I couldn't figure out who Lucky whacked either, I think it was a Dalesio brother?
That's what I thought.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #196
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
That's what I thought.
I would be shocked if a Dalesio brother was out doing casual business with Luciano after 4 of his brothers just got whacked....documented in the newspapers and all.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #197
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I would be shocked if a Dalesio brother was out doing casual business with Luciano after 4 of his brothers just got whacked....documented in the newspapers and all.
You are right as ususal Admiral! From IMDB:

In a closing montage while Eddie Cantor sings for the celebratory crowd, we see Van Alden sitting alone and tearing up. We see Eli, the Commodore and Jimmy plotting something while Gillian quietly sips a drink. Lansky and Luciano pull another whiskey heist, with Lucky shooting a kid who'd just taken payment from Lansky for a truckload of liquor. Nan sits alone and puts on the ring she found in the cake, smiling dreamily. Rothstein sighs as he talks on the phone, and Eddie counts stacks of cash. Angela sits at home in an empty dining room.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #198
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

You know, everybody was saying how they didn't like the finale...but I really enjoyed it. We saw a lot of character development from the first episode to the finale, and I think the finale really was a nice chapter end to a lot of journeys the different characters were taking. And yes, as people have said, I think they've set themselves up for a GREAT second season and possibly more.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #199
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
You are right as ususal Admiral!
If only I could be right about fantasy hockey line-ups, Steve!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #200
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

I finally watched the finale yesterday and was not disappointing in the least. One thing I have found about some of my favorite shows is that the finale's are often nothing spectacular, but they set the plot and characters up for season 2. That is exactly what happened here and I think season 2 is going to be spectacular.