Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #81
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NBA Playoffs

Lakers won a crazy game last night. Kobe goes off for 40 and a whole bunch of people are ejected..

And Eddie House was huge for Boston as they beat the Magic. Celtics are looking much better against Orlando. I still cannot believe how good Rondo is playing. Another Triple-Double in the playoffs. He is going to be a great player for them for years to come.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #82
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Artest looked like he wanted to choke Kobe there at the end.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #83
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_s2k View Post
Artest looked like he wanted to choke Kobe there at the end.
Yeah he did...I think there is going to be a few fines handed out this week and possibly another suspension or two...

And all before game 3 I bet!

On a side note, Boston still doesn't look too great. Rondo and House kept them in the game o/w they would have been down 2-0.

Go Nuggets!!
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #84
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Lebron is from another planet.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #85
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

Looks like it ain't gonna happen for the Mavs...

That was a horrible no call at the end of the 4th quarter, though.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #86
zmancbr

HUpmann

Quote:
Looks like it ain't gonna happen for the Mavs...

That was a horrible no call at the end of the 4th quarter, though.
Yeah... but I always say if you have to leave it to the refs to win a game, then that was the first mistake. The nuggets LOVE to leave games in the refs hands in the many many years I have been a nuggets fan... There are always a ton of bad calls in the NBA... dunno if its the nature of being a ref in the league or what...

It does suck to get a win that way though...

Last edited by zmancbr; 05-10-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Spelling...
Old 05-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #87
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

It does suck having a game end in that fashion. But I look at Dirk missing that fade away before that play, he makes that shot and the foul makes no difference. Antoine Wright should have fouled Carmelo way before he was at the 3 point line too. I just don't think that missed call really impacted the game that much. Considering also Dallas had a chance at the end of the game to win. The NBA admitted they made a mistake and it happens. We will definitely see this series go to at least a game 5.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #88
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Mavs dont stand a chance regardless... the bad call was called "human error"... deal
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #89
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you saw SWEEP? Get the brooms out. The only question now, is do the Nuggets have enough to stop the Lakers?
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #90
zmancbr

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Can you saw SWEEP? Get the brooms out. The only question now, is do the Nuggets have enough to stop the Lakers?
God let's hope so... I seriously hate the Lakers and they have MORE than enough banners hanging from the rafters... time to let someone else have some. I mean hell I would be happy just playing in the NBA finals (something the nuggets have never done). And only the Clippers have gone longer in the NBA without making it to the finals... not the kind of company I wanna keep so its time to break that drought.

I was hoping to play Houston over the Lakers, but without Yao that isn't gonna happen... so bring on the Lakers and let's get this dance going. The nuggets have always had mismatch problems with the lakers, but with the way they are playing right now, it may not matter. The lakers just don't seem to have enough fight... so the question is can the Nuggets outscore the Lakers for 4 games? I'm a believer...(but I'm also a Delusional nuggets fan...)
Old 05-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #91
wshan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wei
Trading: (0)
wshan is on a distinguished road

No Yao and Rockets still kicked butt tonight...
wshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #92
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

I love the small feud that is going on between Kenyon Martin and Mark Cuban right now.. Apparently Kenyon Martin's mother yelled out something to the tune of the Nuggets are "thugs". Cuban responded by saying "that includes your son". Well of course Martin's mother claims Cuban said something else and the saga continues. Now Martin vows to settle the feud with Cuban face-to-face. Very classy.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #93
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

Haha gotta love how the refs can't even call an intentional foul but are overly eager to call a flagrant every 5 minutes. Let 'em play basketball!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #94
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

It's hard to win a game playing 8 on 5, but the Mavs pulled it out. That was one of the worst officiated NBA games I have ever seen.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #95
zmancbr

HUpmann

Quote:
It's hard to win a game playing 8 on 5, but the Mavs pulled it out. That was one of the worst officiated NBA games I have ever seen.
That was a pretty damn ugly game... while I agree with one of the flagrant fouls, the other were definitely suspect... nice job for the Mavs pulling the game out though. You could tell they definitely wanted that win. Now back to Denver!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #96
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

I'm cheering for the nuggets big time because I'm a huge Chauncey Billups fan, but Carmelo has got to get his head examined taking a shot at Wright like he did last night. When I saw the replay, I thought there was a good chance he would get suspended for the next game because he took an obvious shot at his head. I haven't heard anyone make a big deal out of it so maybe it will slip under the league's radar, but you are 1 win from the conference finals! Don't be an idiot!
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #97
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Another sweep for Lebron. I'm eager to see what the Western Conference can do to him in the Finals..
Old 05-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #98
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

Orlando had a complete meltdown in the 4th. God I hate Boston!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #99
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

And Dwight Howard is complaining publicly about their coach. He is supposed to be their superstar. He needs to shut up, demand the ball in the 4th and do work. Plain and simple.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #100
zmancbr

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
And Dwight Howard is complaining publicly about their coach. He is supposed to be their superstar. He needs to shut up, demand the ball in the 4th and do work. Plain and simple.
That would be the smart thing... I can already see the water filling the boat in Orlando... can you say sinking ship?

The only question that remains is will it be game 6 or 7 that does Orlando in? Cuz I just don't think they can keep it together for 2 more games and even if they do, Lebron will own them...