Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Oliva V lancero

The thinnest cigar of the Oliva V series, a very elegant ring 38 178 mm long lancero has a nice wrapper with lots of small veins which make the cigar look natural and real and the aroma of manure. The cigar feels well constructed, a bit on the hard side though while the predraw is very light. I don’t usually smoke cigars this thin, so my judgment could be a bit false.

The leather aroma is very much like the leather that you get from most Cuban cigars, stronger then the Dominican leather but there is something more that makes it a bit salty and soon black pepper kicks in. After a while I can taste some coffee soon to be replaced again by the leather.

This cigar produces lots of smoke with nice light grey ashes. The burn is a bit crooked and the draw is light, a bit too light for my taste.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, it is a nice cigar but I prefer a bigger ringsize
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Oliva V lancero

Nice review. The V in a lancero is actually my favorite size for that cigar, interesting how everyone has their own preferences.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

my fav is the belicoso.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

I like this cigar but not up there in my smoke again list.
Mugen910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Tw3nty

This is my favorite cigar for this marca.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

This one just hasn't done it for me. And I love the belicoso, so I'm a little puzzled. The two of them, to me, are night and day.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Tried one a while back. Although I love Oliva cigars, this one didn't do it for me. With all due respect though, I think I smoked a little too fast and let it get too hot. Probably wont buy another, as I like bigger RG cigars.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #8
kwoody

Not a fan I had posted a review over at the other place. I had big time draw issues and it didnt seem 'filled' I have a figurado to try to hopefully that is a good stick.
Thanks for the review
Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Tried one a while back. Although I love Oliva cigars, this one didn't do it for me. With all due respect though, I think I smoked a little too fast and let it get too hot. Probably wont buy another, as I like bigger RG cigars.

I like the torpedos much better.