Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #61
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dexter Season 5 - DISCUSSION THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Last night was the best show of the season so far. The reason I say that is because it finally sent this season into a direction, Dexter now has course to follow.

Wonderful episode! I really love Masuka's reenactment of the crime scene! Hilarious!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #62
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

agree, best of this season so far

lets get quinn on the table!
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #63
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

This is a really good season, reminds be of the fresh and original first season!

Yes quinn + table = ratings!
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #64
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Just finished Sunday's episode.

Gotta agree with everybody, one of my favorites so far.

I see this season ending much the way the second one ended with Doakes dying after figuring out who Dexter was. Quinn will probably figure it out then have to die, which totally sucks for Debra, lol. I think every one of her boyfriends have died on this show, haven't they? Wait, except for the musician dude...still, 3 out of 4 is a pretty big ratio
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #65
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Yeah that is true about deb, but remember they aren't bf/gf they are "Phuckbuddies".
Old 11-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #66
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

They were f-buds until last episode when they sat down and said they wanted to be in a relationship
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #67
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

I was referring to what she said to Dexter, he doesn't know they are looking into a relationship. So if Quinn got the Axe....so far ...he wouldn't know.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #68
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Just to let you guys know (if you didn't already recognize him), the bad cop who was suspended and is helping Quinn was Murphy aka Robocop.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #69
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Good episode last night. It gets deeper and deeper.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #70
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

it was a little slow but still pretty good
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #71
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Very good episode, I'm liking the way this is going.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #72
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

OH SH!T, tonights episodes really coming together. It's not quinn dexters going to tag it's that PI detective guy. Maybe Quinn too....this seasons shaping up to be nothing short of awesome.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #73
tx_tuff

No doubt this was once again the best episode this year, seems like they are just getting better and better! But I think something will happen and Quinn will end up talking the PI out not Dexter.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #74
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I got a HUGE problem with the last scene. Dexter goes way out to sea to dump parts, it makes no sense that someone with a camera and big lenses should be able to see him.

Also, how did they explain the busted down door between the hotel rooms? And does Dex use his own ID to pay for rooms?

And won't there be hotel surveillance footage of Lumen running away from that guy?

Seems to be more and more of these little discrepancies creeping in to storyline.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #75
tx_tuff

When it comes to things like that I could break down most movies and TV shows and decide not to watch them because of it.

As far as the hotel surveillance, they would need a reason to use it. Not like the guy has been reported missing to the police. The door is a problem but it was broken in Dexter's room, not the missing guys room. So that would be noticed by someone looking for the dead guy. Although it would be noticed by the Hotel workers.

And the pictures on the boat, I thought the same thing but it's not like he can use the same spot he had used in the past after the bodies where found before. Maybe he is close and not "out to sea". Besides he can't be out to sea and out all night with the baby at home.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #76
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I got a HUGE problem with the last scene. Dexter goes way out to sea to dump parts, it makes no sense that someone with a camera and big lenses should be able to see him.

Also, how did they explain the busted down door between the hotel rooms? And does Dex use his own ID to pay for rooms?

And won't there be hotel surveillance footage of Lumen running away from that guy?

Seems to be more and more of these little discrepancies creeping in to storyline.
as for the cameras you would be surprised how little cameras hotel have. The hotel I use to work at was 143 rooms and had 9 cameras. Most of them in the back, couple in the lobby and that's it.

You would pay cash for the hotel. It's rarely done anymore but you can. No ID or questions asked. But the broken door I did get that. As for the last scene I'm not sure how he knew where dexter was in the first place or why he cares still waste time hunting Dexter.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #77
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

My question with the broken door is how did they seal it back w/o anyone noticing the damage while Dex was performing the kill? I also had an issue with the camera picking up Dexter at sea. In the second season Dexter starts going 10+ (or somewhere along those lines) miles out to sea to dump the bodies in the gulf stream.

Despite the continuity flaws, it was still another good episode.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #78
Darrell

This season is finally picking up. I've been behind because of school.

Does anyone else think the Babysitter is hiding something? I don't trust her 100%.

Also, I think Lumen is going to become a liability just like Miguel Prado. I really hate to see him kill her after he's shown her all of that stuff, mainly because that's already been done in a prior season ex: Miguel Prado.

Quinn's vendetta for Dexter really pisses me off. Dexter caught Quinn taking money from a crime scene, but he never ratted him out. Let it go Quinn, you're out of your element, here and it could very well cost you your life.

Deb is a Black Widow (though she doesn't do the killing herself) so Quinn will surely die this season, it's just the dynamics of the characters, her love interest always dies.

I also questioned the broken door. As soon as he came bursting through it, I told Danielle "That's going to be interesting to hide / fix".

The NARC Cop who was on the take is a slimy bastard and I have trouble believing his super big lens can shoot that far out to sea. That's a big continuity flaw for me.

Also, Deb is suspended because she followed Maria's orders? That's horseshit and she is such a dirty ***** for making Deb take the fall for it. I'm glad that Angel is an honest cop and has Deb's back. I hope that Maria loses her position and someone else moves up, such as Angel.

I see the season playing out something like this:

If you recall in the preview for next week it shows Lumen on the phone calling Dexter to tell him someone is in the house.

I see that person at the door being Quinn. Lumen will probably attack him as he comes in the house and probably kill him. That will mean she killed an innocent and give Dexter the option of taking her out because she violated his code. The NARC will probably be killed by Dexter, but I think that will turn into a giant game of cat and mouse and tie up the rest of the season.

Thoughts? Discussion?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #79
tx_tuff

After the first few shows I thought Dexter would be kill Quinn as well, but now I think different. Quinn is in love with Deb and he doesn't want her to be hurt, you could see that by trying to get the NARC to drop it the last couple shows. So what I see happening before the season ends is Quinn knocking off the NARC one way or another. Or even Deb talking him out while him and Quinn are going at it. Deb will lose her by proxy Black Window status this year.

Also keep in mind that now Deb has tasted blood and had no remorse for it. Don't think it will happen this year but they are laying the foundation for Dexter to be able to tell her about him killing the Trinity Killer and possibly everything else. But like I said not this year.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #80
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
This season is finally picking up. I've been behind because of school.

Does anyone else think the Babysitter is hiding something? I don't trust her 100%.

Also, I think Lumen is going to become a liability just like Miguel Prado. I really hate to see him kill her after he's shown her all of that stuff, mainly because that's already been done in a prior season ex: Miguel Prado.

Quinn's vendetta for Dexter really pisses me off. Dexter caught Quinn taking money from a crime scene, but he never ratted him out. Let it go Quinn, you're out of your element, here and it could very well cost you your life.

Deb is a Black Widow (though she doesn't do the killing herself) so Quinn will surely die this season, it's just the dynamics of the characters, her love interest always dies.

I also questioned the broken door. As soon as he came bursting through it, I told Danielle "That's going to be interesting to hide / fix".

The NARC Cop who was on the take is a slimy bastard and I have trouble believing his super big lens can shoot that far out to sea. That's a big continuity flaw for me.

Also, Deb is suspended because she followed Maria's orders? That's horseshit and she is such a dirty ***** for making Deb take the fall for it. I'm glad that Angel is an honest cop and has Deb's back. I hope that Maria loses her position and someone else moves up, such as Angel.

I see the season playing out something like this:

If you recall in the preview for next week it shows Lumen on the phone calling Dexter to tell him someone is in the house.

I see that person at the door being Quinn. Lumen will probably attack him as he comes in the house and probably kill him. That will mean she killed an innocent and give Dexter the option of taking her out because she violated his code. The NARC will probably be killed by Dexter, but I think that will turn into a giant game of cat and mouse and tie up the rest of the season.

Thoughts? Discussion?
Great insight, Darrell. I don't agree with you on Lumen killing Quinn, but good thought process here. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Quinn has turned into a face lately, so maybe he won't die this season. But that remains to be seen. The NARC (Robocop) is gonna die, but by whom? Quinn, Debra, Lumen, or Dexter?

Debra killed this season and feels indifferent to it, so she may very well kill again. I keep waiting for her to find out about Dexter, like she has in the books.

Insert quote here.