Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #21
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pacquiao-Mayweather bout gaining ground

no go for Dallas

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4729058
Old 12-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #22
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like the fight may not happen now. Paq-man won't fight with a olympic style drug testing. One source sited Pacquoiao is a little squemish with giving blood.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #23
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Mayweather is being a total sissy, trying to find anyway to get out of this fight. Pac said he would test right after the fight, but he doesn't want to have his blood drawn while he is training.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_s2k View Post
Mayweather is being a total sissy
Shocking!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #25
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

For as much as I like Pacquiao, his class, his integrity in the ring and outside. At this point I'm questioning why he won't just say the hell with it and do the olympic style drug testing. The amount of blood they take is miniscule and will not effect oxygen levels in the body.

And being that Mayweather is from Michigan I might have to switch sides
Old 12-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #26
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

I've really been looking forward to this match-up! I hope Pac Man silences Mayweather. Either way, it should be a great fight.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #27
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
And being that Mayweather is from Michigan I might have to switch sides

I would rather fight than switch to Loudmouth Floyd.....and I am from Michigan too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #28
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

I would rather fight than switch to Loudmouth Floyd.....and I am from Michigan too.
I love it.

This whole drug testing argument has gotten me thinking. If you are clean why would you not just submit yourself to the testing. If I was Pacquiao I would say yes just to shut up Floyd on the steriods front, and then use it as extra motivation to beat him harder.

I just hope they come to some agreement and we can have the fight!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I want them to fight too, not sure why Manny is so freaked out about giving blood. But if Floyd's camp is being hardline on this issue, then my guess is Floyd either wants more of the purse, or not to fight Manny at all.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #30
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

tsk tsk Mayweather and and his mind games. If it happens at the MGM, I can get tickets
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #31
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennD View Post
tsk tsk Mayweather and and his mind games. If it happens at the MGM, I can get tickets
Lemme know if you have an extra, Carl.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:38 AM   #32
rennD
NinfaManiac

rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Lemme know if you have an extra, Carl.
I am trying for four right now, two of them being S.H.I.T. herfers, a friend I work with, and myself. I will contact my Host and beg for another one.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #33
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
For as much as I like Pacquiao, his class, his integrity in the ring and outside. At this point I'm questioning why he won't just say the hell with it and do the olympic style drug testing. The amount of blood they take is miniscule and will not effect oxygen levels in the body.
I agree, Christos. Very strange to say the least. The not liking needles argument is moot. If he didn't like needles, would he have gotten a tatoo? In this day in time, I don't think anyone is above reproach when it comes to ped's. Floyd Sr. has said for years that Pac Man takes HGH. With this refusal, it has me wandering.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #34
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
I agree, Christos. Very strange to say the least. The not liking needles argument is moot. If he didn't like needles, would he have gotten a tatoo? In this day in time, I don't think anyone is above reproach when it comes to ped's. Floyd Sr. has said for years that Pac Man takes HGH. With this refusal, it has me wandering.
Good point on the tattoo. I brought up the oxygen level in blood because athletes won't donate blood during training or before an even because it decreases RBC count therefore hindering oxygen transport through the body. That would be my only logical explanation as another why he wouldn't want to do the blood testing.

Maybe give Pacquiao a few more million out of the purse to get him to do this. I really want to know why he won't do the testing!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #35
rennD
NinfaManiac

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=33765

FYI
Old 12-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #36
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
So, yes, I believe that the urine testing is more than sufficient for boxing. If you’re using steroids, it’s going to come up for sure in urine. There’s no way it’s going to get through the liver and the kidney without being detected.”
BS. There are so many ways to beat a urine test, it funny.

It shouldn't matter how many times they are blood tested as they use such a tiny about of blood. Pac-Man's schedule for wanting to give blood is interesting to me. Should be given at any time, not scheduled.

However, I can see why they would want an independent agency to do the testing though.

It's crap like this has, in part, virtually killed boxing, imo.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #37
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennD View Post
I am trying for four right now, two of them being S.H.I.T. herfers, a friend I work with, and myself. I will contact my Host and beg for another one.
I don't expect anything, Carl, I know it would be a tough sell, but if you do, I am there. The cigars will be on me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Greg, why don't you wander over to my neck of the woods and have some cigars with me while you are at it?

You make a good point, I just hope it all gets worked out.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #38
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Not sure which one is a bigger douchebag: Mayweather or Pacquiano. Mayweather has a point, but so does Pacqyiono. Makes us pro-wrestling fans look less ignorant all the time.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #39
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Not sure which one is a bigger douchebag: Mayweather or Pacquiano. Mayweather has a point, but so does Pacqyiono. Makes us pro-wrestling fans look less ignorant all the time.
Calling Mayweather a douchebag is an insult to douchebags.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #40
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass." -Floyd Mayweather

Pacquiao's promoter is saying the fight is dead. I hope they can get this bs resolved and fight.