Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Darrell

Default Star Trek (2009)

AMAZING is the first word that comes to mind when I think of J.J. Abrams adaptation of the timeless Science Fiction classic, Star Trek. This was a prequel since it took place during part of both young James T. Kirk and Spock’s young lives. This quickly jumps forward to their time in Starfleet Academy and their first mission aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. I’m not going to go into so much detail about the plot as I do not want to give so much away.

Chris Pine was amazing as James Kirk, he was young and reckless and played the part to perfection. He was convincing as James Kirk and about as well rounded as possible. I cannot imagine anyone player a better young James T. Kirk. Zack Quinto played the young Vulcan/Human Spock and was amazingly convincing as an emotionless Vulcan Starfleet Commander, even in the face of danger and heartache. I have a feeling Leonard Nimoy is proud to Have him as Spock as he really went above and beyond and played Spock perfect. Simon Pegg was HILARIOUS as Scotty, I guarantee he will have you cracking up. They did not go much into his background and he was maybe only on screen a total of 30 minutes, but most of what he said made me and the rest of the theater laugh.

The action and CGI sequences in Star Trek were amazing. The U.S.S. Enterprise looked true to the originally just “prettier” for lack of better term. Modern CGI and technology was good to the Enterprise. The battle scenes looked like they were shot part with miniatures and CGI. I was really impressed with how well everything looked and was shot. It was true to the original series, but when a modern look and feel. The plot was solid as a rock in this, it was one of the best written Science Fiction movies I’ve ever seen, their was not a single plot hole anywhere in the movie — everything was well explained, drawn out to the correct length as to not make the movie slow, and executed with ease.

This was by FAR the best Star Trek movie and a real treat for anyone who loves both Science Fiction and Star Trek. It’s movies like this that remind me why I love film so much.