Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2023, 03:42 AM   #4281
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's brisk Tuesday morning here in the Hudson Valley. The weather guessers are calling for some of the white stuff tomorrow, anywhere from 3 to 6 inches depending what feed you are listening to. We'll have an adverse weather conference call today at West Point to see what the status will be at work tomorrow. They may just say to bring our laptop computers home tonight and tele-work which is fine with me. Either way, I hope you all enjoy and to remember to be safe out there.......
Old 01-25-2023, 03:51 AM   #4282
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". The snow storm slowed up a bit and won't hit us until late morning early afternoon according to NOAA and their hourly graph:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...unit=0&dd=&bw=

We have another adverse weather conference call scheduled for noon today which will probably result in sending the civilian work force home and closing the West Point elementary & middle school. The Academy will continue as the Corps can train on military tactics / MS Teams classes. One thing we have learned from COVID-19 is that classes can continue virtually as well as on-line work and meetings. Have a great day everyone and enjoy.......
Old 01-25-2023, 06:13 AM   #4283
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

The weather forecasters here must be named A-A Ron, because they done screwed up twice in a row now. Last week they underestimated a snow storm, last night and today totally overestimated another.
Old 01-26-2023, 03:40 AM   #4284
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening. Yesterday's snow storm was a bust up here at West Point as we got nothing but flurries. I'm not a big fan of snow or sleet especially shoveling it and clearing off the vehicles which sucks. Anyway, enjoy your day all and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 01-26-2023, 04:43 AM   #4285
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Morning Charlie. They claim we got nearly 6” of snow here yesterday. I’d say more like 3.5-4”.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:05 AM   #4286
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, a number of the regulars were out as well as some ole' faces we haven't seen since last year. Tomorrow, Beth and I are heading up towards Kingston, NY tomorrow with a stop in New Paltz to check out a new beer brewery/pub for us as well as some shopping:

https://www.westkillbrewing.com/welcome

Sunday, we'll get our grocery shopping done early and the get ready for some NFL playoffs where we'll be rooting for the Eagles to win and hopefully the Chiefs as well. Enjoy everyone and Fly Eagles Fly......
Old 01-28-2023, 05:33 AM   #4287
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Go Ohio State! Beat Army in Pistol competition this weekend! The match is at West Point. You ever attend those matches, Charlie?
Old 01-30-2023, 03:47 AM   #4288
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. First of all, congrats to the Eagle and Chiefs as being crowned their Conference Champions and moving forward to the Super Bowl. It's going to be a great game in two weeks for sure. Saturday, Beth and I hit three breweries in Kingston and had a great time. Great beers at all three locations and the food at each one was top notch as well. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy.......
Old 01-30-2023, 03:49 AM   #4289
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Go Ohio State! Beat Army in Pistol competition this weekend! The match is at West Point. You ever attend those matches, Charlie?
Not the pistol competitions, I do work the football games in the EOC and attend the baseball and hockey games......
Old 01-31-2023, 03:46 AM   #4290
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it looks like we got a good dusting of the white stuff last night. Woke up around 0400 and noticed all the cars in the neighborhood have a good coating of snow as well as their yards. We have a cold spell coming our way towards the end of the week according to NOAA with Saturday being the coldest:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.Y9jw2h1Omi4

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 02-01-2023, 03:40 AM   #4291
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Not much going on for the past couple of days, just the normal stuff at work and then looking forward to what Beth makes for dinner that evening. I know tonight she's preparing a honey glazed spiral ham that has my mouth already watering. Enjoy your day as well all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 02-01-2023, 05:06 AM   #4292
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Morning Charlie.

Not only is it hump day, but it’s the first of February. Year is flying by.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:44 AM   #4293
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. We're tracking the cold snap that is heading our way tomorrow into Saturday night via NOAA:

Today - Sunny, with a high near 39. Wind chill values between 15 and 25. Light southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
Tonight - Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. Southwest wind 14 to 17 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
Friday - Sunny, with a temperature falling to around 10 by 5pm. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
Friday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values between -10 and -15. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
Saturday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
Saturday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 23.
Sunday - Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.Y9uTGh1Omi4

As you'll notice, the temperatures will be back up to normal by Sunday which is a good thing. Enjoy your day everyone and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 02-03-2023, 04:01 AM   #4294
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, a number of the regulars were out enjoying primo cigars and all. The temps are pretty low right now, stay warm for the next day or two and they'll be back up starting on Sunday. NASCAR is starting up for the season this Sunday with the Busch Clash in LA and the Daytona in two weeks:

https://www.nascar.com/nascar-cup-series/2023/schedule/

Enjoy your weekend all and remember to stay safe out there.......
Old 02-06-2023, 03:46 AM   #4295
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's back to work Monday already. We had a good weekend over all: Saturday, I spent the day at Aroma with the guys and came home to a homemade lasagna the Beth prepared; yesterday we stopped by the Newburgh Brewery after doing some shopping and then went to a chili cook-off at the Shamrock Tavern which was off the charts.
https://www.facebook.com/people/Sham...MTL1T497c&_rdr
Nineteen crock pots of chili to try along with some great beers to choose from as well. Came home and watched the first NASCAR race of the season and congrats to Martin Truex for taking the checkered flag. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a favorite or two throughout it........
Old 02-07-2023, 03:43 AM   #4296
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's brisk 21°F outside as we speak. It's going to warm up later on today and hit 40°F so the grill will be on tonight as it was last night. Beth and I fire up the outdoor grill as long as it's above freezing and the wind is minimal. During the Spring, Summer and Fall months, we actually BBQ 5 to 6 days a week on an average. Anyway, enjoy your day all smoke a favorite if you get the chance.....
Old 02-08-2023, 03:50 AM   #4297
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". We're getting ready for the Sunday Super Bowl festivities by taking out a nice big London Broil out of the freezer and getting it prepared for Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. Beth has a few other Philadelphia treats up her sleeve like Philly Pretzels with spicy mustard and all. She strung green lights out front and has Eagles stuff all the house as well. Have a great day everyone and Fly Eagles Fly........
Old 02-09-2023, 03:46 AM   #4298
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and its Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. We do have a little rain coming our way today according to NOAA which should move out later on tonight:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.Y-TOfB1Omi4

I hope you all have a great day and we get to see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening........
Old 02-10-2023, 04:14 AM   #4299
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's finally Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, the usual suspects were out as well as a few ole' faces. The Super Bowl is this weekend and all I can say is Fly Eagles Fly! I hope everyone has a great one and enjoys....... 🍻
Old 02-13-2023, 03:31 AM   #4300
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Congrats to the K.C. Chiefs on their win last night and being crowned the 2023 Super Bowl Champs. The Eagles had a great season, it just wasn't their night. Now that the NFL is over, it's time to enjoy the beginning of the NASCAR season with the Daytona 500 this coming Sunday. The NHL is mid season and the NY Rangers are doing great. Enjoy your week all, smoke a favorite or two throughout it.......