Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2022, 03:51 AM   #4021
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, the place was packed, most likely because the weather was nice and folks wanted to get out and enjoy it. Tonight, Beth and I are going to the New Windsor American Legion for their annual Valentine's Day Happy Hour:

https://www.facebook.com/events/6261...4?ref=newsfeed

This Sunday is the NFL Superbowl and I'm sure that it'll be a great game with the Bengals taking on the Rams. I hope it's not a blow out and we have a great game down to the end. Enjoy all and I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 02-14-2022, 03:50 AM   #4022
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a good weekend overall, went to the Aroma Cigar Room Saturday and yesterday for a while and then came home to watch the Super Bowl comfortably on the couch. Congrats to the Rams, unfortunately, none of our boxes won especially with the missed extra point. Oh well, there's always next year. The Daytona 500 is this coming Sunday, there plenty of scheduled events / racing building up to the Great American Race:

https://www.nascar.com/weekend-sched...times-results/

Enjoy your week everyone, smoke a favorite or two and try and stay warm.......
Old 02-15-2022, 03:58 AM   #4023
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's another brisk day here in the Hudson Valley: -6°F with the wind chill.
It's another busy day at West Point so enjoy all and try and stay warm......
Old 02-16-2022, 03:22 AM   #4024
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump day". It's good to see that NASCAR is back to Daytona, last night they had practice runs and tonight at 2000 (8 pm), they will qualify for Sunday's Daytona 500. We have another early morning at work, so I'll be heading to West Point shortly. Enjoy everyone and hope you get to smoke a favorite or two......
Old 02-17-2022, 03:40 AM   #4025
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0400 and it's another early day at the office. Today being Thursday, we'll be at Aroma Cigar Room this evening enjoying primo stogies and watching the NASCAR Duel races at Daytona to determine the line up for Sunday's race. Have a great day all and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 02-18-2022, 03:34 AM   #4026
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's finally Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, the cigars were top shelf and it was great to see an ole' friend that came out as well as the usual suspects as. The NASCAR duel races were fast and furious especially the last lap of the two:

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...heckered-flag/

Enjoy your weekend everyone, I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or.......
Old 02-22-2022, 03:55 AM   #4027
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Tuesday after a great weekend. Spent Saturday at the Aroma Cigar Room with the guys and the came home to watch some NASCAR and enjoy dinner with Beth. Sunday Funday was relaxing and we watched NASCAR throughout the day finishing up with the Daytona 500. Congrats to rookie driver Austin Cindric for capturing the checkered flag and being one of the youngest drivers to do so. Today is my only work day this week as six of us from the Aroma Cigar Room are flying down to West Palm Beach in the morning to be apart of this year's "The Great Smoke":

https://www.thegreatsmoke.com/

Thursday, we're spending the day with our dear friend Eddie Ortega (owner of Ortega Cigars) and then that evening we'll head over to the West Palm Smoke Inn for the Alec Bradley event. Alec, Bradley and their father Alan Ruben will be there along with Abe and his crew. Friday, we're meeting up with Pedro Gomez Rodriguez from Drew Estate and spending time with our good friend. That evening, we have a dinner planned in North West Palm at a private residence on a beautiful golf course. Saturday is the main event at the South Florida Fair Grounds and if that wasn't enough, we're heading back to the West Palm Smoke Inn for a Robert Caldwell event. We can hardly wait being that they cancelled last year because of COVID. I'll post in the morning before heading out and will be on here and Facebook throughout the week. Enjoy all.......
Old 02-23-2022, 04:14 AM   #4028
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and we're getting ready to begin our 5 day journey to South Florida. The guys are meeting up here at my house and we have a car service picking us up at 0900 (9 AM). The crew should be here by 0830, we'll park the vehicles and start off with Bloody Marys as a send off. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 02-24-2022, 04:14 AM   #4029
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it’s a beautiful morning here in West Palm Beach. After breakfast, we are heading down to Deerfield Beach to spend the day with our dear friend Eddie Ortega (owner of Ortega Cigars). Later on this afternoon / evening, we’ll be heading to the West Palm Smoke Inn for the Alec Bradley event. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy as well…… 🍺
Old 02-26-2022, 04:08 AM   #4030
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is about to be on and the big day, “The Great Smoke”. We had a great past two days so far: Thursday, we spent the day with our dear friend Eddie Ortega down in Deerfield Beach and that evening we hung out with Alec and Bradley Rubin from Alec Bradley Cigars. Yesterday, we went down to Miami and had lunch and smoked cigars with Pedro Gomez Rodriguez from Drew Estate. Last night, we went to dinner at home on private golf course which was top notch. I know we’ll have a great day today at the main event, I’ll update all in the morning. Enjoy everyone……. 🤓
Old 02-28-2022, 03:36 AM   #4031
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's back to work Monday. We got home yesterday afternoon after a great week in sunny south Florida. The main event on Saturday, "The Great Smoke", was absolutely outstanding. We saw and spent the day with a lot of dear friends in the cigar business. All the owners were in attendance being that most of them are based in the Miami area. That evening, we headed over to the Smoke Inn at West Palm for the Robert Caldwell event that was pack as well. After getting settled from the trip, Beth had a nice meal waiting on me and we relaxed watching the NASCAR race from California and a big congrats to Kyle Larsen for claiming the checkered flag. Have a great week and remember as always to be safe out there.......
Old 03-01-2022, 03:24 AM   #4032
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's another early morning at West Point as we have to be up and running by 0700. Heading that way shortly over the mountain to fire things up and make sure things are running smoothly. One good thing about going in early is we leave early, think positive. Anyway, enjoy everyone.........
Old 03-02-2022, 03:25 AM   #4033
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's already "Hump Day". It's another early morning at West Point as we are firing up the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 0700 for an exercise involving the families in the housing area:

https://home.army.mil/westpoint/inde...Garrison/DPTMS

Have a great day all and I hope you get to enjoy a favorite or two or..........
Old 03-03-2022, 03:23 AM   #4034
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. We had a good exercise yesterday, just a couple of kinks we had to work out and we'll be ready for the grand finally for the day long Full Scale Exercise on the 22nd of this month. There will be external evaluators coming in to West Point to ensure we meet the Army standard and do what is supposed to done by regulations. Anyway, enjoy everyone and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight........
Old 03-04-2022, 03:43 AM   #4035
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a blast night at Aroma, the place was jam packed and we all were enjoying primo stogies talking about last week's trip to sunny South Florida. Today, we are saying goodby to one of our fellow EOC operators and throwing him a luncheon and then a few beers at the Newburgh Brewery afterwards. Our friend is leaving Government Service to begin a chapter in his life with a private global security firm based out of Austin, TX. Wishing the best for our brother in arms, we know he'll do well. Anyway, this weekend the NASCAR drivers are in Las Vegas, NV with racing starting tonight finishing up Sunday afternoon:

https://www.nascar.com/weekend-sched...speedway-2022/

I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy it as well.......
Old 03-07-2022, 03:52 AM   #4036
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Monday. It should be a rather easy week as it's Spring Break at West Point and the 4000+ Cadets and Cadre are away taking a well earned week off. We had a great weekend: the Friday farewell to our brother in arms was great; Saturday, I spent the day at the Aroma Cigar Room with the crew; and then yesterday, Beth and I first went shopping and then relaxed afterwards watching the NASCAR race while we had a rack of ribs on the grill low and slow. Have a great week everyone and enjoy.......
Old 03-08-2022, 03:50 AM   #4037
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's looking like we'll have a sunny day today here in the Hudson Valley followed by a snow storm tomorrow with accumulation up to 3" according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.Yicy0R1Omi4
Today - Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight - A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Wednesday - Snow. High near 38. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

I hope you all have a great day and remember to be safe out there as well.......
Old 03-09-2022, 03:43 AM   #4038
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". I'm heading to West Point shortly before the snow starts and they are only calling for a couple of inches now throughout the day:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...Type=graphical

Enjoy everyone and be careful out there......
Old 03-10-2022, 03:45 AM   #4039
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening:

https://www.aromacigarroom.com/

Have a great day all and hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 03-11-2022, 03:56 AM   #4040
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 on this brisk morning (27°F) and it's Friday! We had a great time last night at Aroma, the usual suspects were out as well as a few new faces. It's good to see that the MLB came to an agreement, now lets play some baseball for us fans. The NASCAR drivers are in Phoenix, AZ this weekend and the New York Rangers take on the Dallas Stars tomorrow evening starting at 2000 (8 PM). Mother Nature is not being nice to us again this weekend as the weather guessers are calling for rain, snow and sleet with up to 3" off the white stuff by the time it ends tomorrow evening. Anyway, enjoy your weekend all and I hope you get to enjoy a favorite or two or.......