Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day. It was my privilege today to serve as Chaplain for the Clintonville and Embarrass Memorial Day Programs. Including parade, each of these goes about 1.5 hours.

Here is my portion of the program.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

1 John 3:16 18 (ESV) By this we know love, that he [Jesus] laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

The First Amendment of our Constitution reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Men and women have taken up the uniforms of the varied branches of the Armed Forces of this country to protect this and all the freedoms guaranteed to us in the constitution. And sometimes, in love for their fellow man, they have answered the call to help other nations secure those freedoms. There are many who are presently doing so in various places across the globe.

Some, in their service, have made the ultimate sacrifice, and given their own life for freedom's sake. Today we remember their sacrifice. I would also suggest that we remember those who have returned home maimed or crippled because of their willingness to serve us and protect freedom.

We are gathered here today, and I am free to speak to you, because of those freedoms stated on that piece of paper we call our United States constitution -- freedoms guaranteed by the blood of brave men and women.

Why is it that freedom always comes with such a high cost? Because of sinfulness which moves evil men to enslave others and rob them of freedoms. It was Jesus Christ who gave His life to win freedom from sin, death, and Satan's power.

I always thank God for the freedoms we enjoy in this country, especially the freedom to speak about what I believe to be true in regard to God and country. Just as our Lord Jesus Christ gave His life to free us from death and give us eternal life, we thank God today for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to allow me the freedom of religion and speech. In that freedom, I invite you to join me prayer to Him who is our help and strength.

Almighty God, as the conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan continues, we need your guidance and grace to persevere with hope. Progress in establishing governments in those countries is slow, and yet we know that all people yearn for peace and dignity. Give us patience as we seek good from those complicated commitments, and bless the effort to establish order and hope among nations of the world. Lord in your mercy (response - Hear our prayer)

Our human vision is imperfect and our efforts are invariably insufficient or flawed. As we seek justice and peace in the world, we ask, Lord, that you bless our weakness and limited wisdom with your strength and boundless grace. We know that most of our efforts at peace have limited success, and whether in our homes or in the affairs of our country, conflict rages and people are hurt. Thus, even as we try to work for peace, we find ourselves at war. Let your forgiveness in Jesus Christ bring healing and reconciliation. Lord in your mercy (response - Hear our prayer)

P: Heavenly Father, keep the men and women serving in the Armed Forces of our nation safe from harm. When they are lonely, encourage them; when they are tired, lift them up, when they are in danger, protect them, and when they face circumstances beyond their control, assure them of your divine love and care. In all circumstances be their strength and shield. Lord in your mercy (response - Hear our prayer)

P: Lord, we thank you for all those to whom you gave a heart of love and service for their fellow man and in so doing, also gave their lives. Bless their families with your presence and peace. Grant us courage and strength that their sacrifice is not in vain, that we carry on in their stead, and love others, even as you have loved us in Your Son Jesus Christ. Lord in your mercy (response - Hear our prayer)

Grant this all to us, for the sake of you Son Jesus Christ, who gave His life for our ultimate freedom, and a place in Your eternal kingdom. Amen.

May God bless all those who have served, who serve still, and who have lost loved ones in service to obtain and keep secure those freedoms.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Memorial Day

Thanks For Sharing This With Us, Brother! Have A Great Day & Some Good Cigars!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Very nice, Thanks for sharing.

Chris.....
Old 05-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Amen and thanks Rev.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Well done, bro. You are a blessing to your community... and to this community as well.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing Todd.