Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Haddo is on a distinguished road
Talking Catch me up.

So it's been a few years, and I have no idea who the key players are now.
Is Pepin still hot? Or Tatuaje?

What is the latest and greatest?

Most, but not all of my stash, was made by Pepin, or Tropical.
Padilla 32, Miami's 601, red, 601 La Bomba. You can see the pattern. lol.

I want to get rid of some of my stash, but I know I'm going to want to try some of the rising stars smokes doctors orders or not lol. I used to shop at Holts a lot, or whoever had the brand I wanted at the best price. Not a big CI Fan.

So hit me! who, and what is the big thing. I hope this doesn't violate any rules, but are there any new vendors worth checking out, or is there a forum that rates them that I missed?

Thanks guys.
Haddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Default Re: Catch me up.

Welcome Haddo - "delighted" to meet you. (Pipe smokers - see what I did there, eh? Sharp or what?)

Put your feet up, have a smoke. Folks have a variety of tastes around here, although we all have to send our Ghurkas to Icehog to enjoy (Tom likes his Ghurkas, he does).

In the NC world Espinosa and Pepin are still up there - along with My Father, DE Liga Privada, Fuente, Tatuaje and lots of new boutique brands. Lots to try. For me the boutiques hold a lot of intrigue - I'm enjoying Caldwell, Roma Craft, and Warped quite a bit.

Chill - have a look around. I'm sure you'll find some like minded friends to bomb or trade with....
Old 01-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

Talking Re: Catch me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Welcome Haddo - "delighted" to meet you. (Pipe smokers - see what I did there, eh? Sharp or what?)

Put your feet up, have a smoke. Folks have a variety of tastes around here, although we all have to send our Ghurkas to Icehog to enjoy (Tom likes his Ghurkas, he does).

In the NC world Espinosa and Pepin are still up there - along with My Father, DE Liga Privada, Fuente, Tatuaje and lots of new boutique brands. Lots to try. For me the boutiques hold a lot of intrigue - I'm enjoying Caldwell, Roma Craft, and Warped quite a bit.

Chill - have a look around. I'm sure you'll find some like minded friends to bomb or trade with....
I have quite a few Ghurkas, I would be happy to give away. I have never quite found one I like, but they do have some nice labels.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddo View Post
I have quite a few Ghurkas, I would be happy to give away. I have never quite found one I like, but they do have some nice labels.
I'd take them, if you send me a sawbuck with each one.

Another sawbuck if you expect me to light it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
We have 2 troop support coordinators here that box up care packages for the troops, I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to take the dreaded Ghurkas, speaking from experience it really doesn't matter what you are smoking in the field and I am sure the troops would really appreciate any donations. It's not just cigars but they put major care packages together, magazines, movies, books, candy, snacks, toiletry stuff, the works.

Oh and welcome to the asylum!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

I will go through all of my coolers, and put together some smokes I will never get to. Some are pretty good smokes. No Mutt Missiles. I'm sure the troops will enjoy them along with moist wipes, and other goodies I can come up with.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
I will go through all of my coolers, and put together some smokes I will never get to. Some are pretty good smokes. No Mutt Missiles. I'm sure the troops will enjoy them along with moist wipes, and other goodies I can come up with.
Hi Haddo and welcome. As one of the two troop support coordinators here, I can tell you with great certainty that no cigar goes unappreciated over there. Even what we might consider a dog rocket, will still find an appreciative serviceman/woman. It's not always about the cigar with them. Thank you for thinking of them.

As for what's new in the NC world, I have no current advice to offer. I'd probably be suggesting stuff from back before you took a hiatus. LOL.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #8
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Hi Haddo and welcome. As one of the two troop support coordinators here, I can tell you with great certainty that no cigar goes unappreciated over there. Even what we might consider a dog rocket, will still find an appreciative serviceman/woman. It's not always about the cigar with them. Thank you for thinking of them.

As for what's new in the NC world, I have no current advice to offer. I'd probably be suggesting stuff from back before you took a hiatus. LOL.
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one.
I got to the point were I got burnt out on all of the add copy they put out for cigars. One rare one week after week. I do have some discontinued ones I will hang on to, just because they were from when Pepin first started with Tropical. Hard to find, and some great smokes. No more rare leaf, lost bales of tobacco, etc.
Almost all of the sticks I'm getting ready for the troops are good smokes. Just not my cup o tea.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #9
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

Nothing today, but last night an opus petite lancero from 05. Sublime.
Not a big DR fan, or Fuente for the most part, but an Opus PL, or busto can be great smokes. Tonight a generic Honduran lancero from a bundle a buddy gave me. Great smoke, and cheap.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #10
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Try an Enclave or New World by AJ Fernandez. He started out making CI house cigars but his top of the line are real nice.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #11
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Try an Enclave or New World by AJ Fernandez. He started out making CI house cigars but his top of the line are real nice.
I have some AJ stuff. I forget the brand, but I have a couple, and they are great smokes. I'll have to pick up a fiver, and check them out.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #12
Haddo
Just in from the Storm

Question.

What forum do you guys use for buying, selling, and trading?
Is this something that isn't visible until you meet the criteria?

Just curious. I wanted to see what kind of smokes are going around in that forum. If I have to wait for it to appear after awhile that's fine.
Like I said, just curious.

It's nice to be back, and on a board that's got it's sh%$ together.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #13
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Question.

What forum do you guys use for buying, selling, and trading?
Is this something that isn't visible until you meet the criteria?

Just curious. I wanted to see what kind of smokes are going around in that forum. If I have to wait for it to appear after awhile that's fine.
Like I said, just curious.

It's nice to be back, and on a board that's got it's sh%$ together.
Correct.
Just a bit of time and participation is all you need.