Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about
Default Cuban Crafters Revolucion Cigar Sissors (3 Blades)

I got this cutter a month or two ago and I have been so impressed. It has 3 blades instead of 2 and gives a very clean cut. It also has a life time warranty. Does anyone else here use this kind of cutter, or am I a lone wolf/puppy?
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
badbriar

Default Re: Cuban Crafters Revolucion Cigar Sissors (3 Blades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
I got this cutter a month or two ago and I have been so impressed. It has 3 blades instead of 2 and gives a very clean cut. It also has a life time warranty. Does anyone else here use this kind of cutter, or am I a lone wolf/puppy?
I've not seen your model. I have a CC perfect cutter that was sharp for a while, but then dulled badly. It sits in a drawer now. One day, I'll return it under the warranty. On another note, you can get a Xikar X8 for the same price you got yours. A couple of the old guard on CA highly recommended that one, so I ordered one. Tired of lesser cutters ending up dull and tearing the cap!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
gnbikes
Feeling at Home

First Name: Garry
Trading: (3)
RyJ
gnbikes is on a distinguished road

I have a set of these somewhere. They work great untill the tiny screws work their way loose. I tried some lock title on them, but they still came loose. I stick w/ my Zikars and similar cutters now.
Garry-
gnbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter. Thats what motivated me to go for the Revolucion. Since I don't have any problems with it I am gonna stick with it and use any extra cash for Cigars instead. I'll keep it in mind though about the Xicar maybe for a birthday or christmas when that comes back around.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
Old 03-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter. Thats what motivated me to go for the Revolucion. Since I don't have any problems with it I am gonna stick with it and use any extra cash for Cigars instead. I'll keep it in mind though about the Xicar maybe for a birthday or christmas when that comes back around.
You mean they get worse?

Seriously, I've had some pretty good cheap-@ss cutters, often better than the pretty ones I've bought.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Haha yeah I know I catch a lot of slack for smoking them. But every once in a while I like something sweet to smoke just to switch things up.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter.
How could you tell?

We keed we keed.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
Robulous78

1 word.... Palio...

Ever since I have had one I have loved it. It's not my only cutter for fear that I could loose it but otherwise it IS my only cutter. never fails to give a good cut, stays surgical steel sharp 24/7/365 and it also can be used as a cigar rest, what else can you ask for?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #9
Robulous78

1 word.... Palio...

Ever since I have had one I have loved it. It's not my only cutter for fear that I could loose it but otherwise it IS my only cutter. never fails to give a good cut, stays surgical steel sharp 24/7/365 and it also can be used as a cigar rest, what else can you ask for?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #10
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
1 word.... Palio...
Yet you posted it twice.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Yet you posted it twice.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #12
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough

I got the CC perfect cutter off Amazon about a month ago and have like it so far. Probably about 15 cuts with it so far and it works perfectly. Rock solid construction as well.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
govicgo
ngt (not golfing today)

Trading: (0)
govicgo is on a distinguished road

I prefer the perfect cutter from CC , the revolucion I have leaves a ratty edge every cut no matter how I use it. I think it's a design flaw.
govicgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Palio or Xikar and that is all you need

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  110.1 KB
Old 05-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #15
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter.
You might very well already know, but many (including me) recommend keeping your flavor infused cigars in a seperate humidor from your non-infused. With the recent influx of cigars you've received () I'd figure to reiterate the recommendation.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #16
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Can you ruin a Kuba Kuba? I mean, maybe it was a sign from God, "Do not smoke this! Go grab a good cigar and enjoy yourself!

Sorry, I know some people like them, and I am always harping on smoking what you like. Indeed, you must only smoke what you like. But, I had one once and could only think of the stuff guys used to burn in the dorms of college to cover the smell of the other stuff they were smoking.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

haha thanks for the concern guys that was the first and last acid I have smoked. I was just curious to see what all of the fuss was about since I kept seeing them on CI and other places. Since this post I have gotten a Xikar x8 (would have gotten the palio but the price made the difference) it has been my go to cutter but the cc is still a descent cutter just too big for my pocket.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #18
Heavy_d
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derek
Trading: (1)
Heavy_d will become famous soon enough

I've not tried their cutters, but I've got a Cuban Crafters bullet punch that works great. Between that and my X8, I've got pretty much all my cigar opening needs covered.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #19
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I don't care if it's a grape-flavored White Owl, if it brings you pleasure and satisfaction, smoke it.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #20
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I don't care if it's a grape-flavored White Owl, if it brings you pleasure and satisfaction, smoke it.
Maybe I'll have to send you an acid next time