Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Lost my Mojo

Mojo HD Channel that is. My local cable provider, Time Warner Cable, stopped carrying it at the beginning of last month and after some research I was sad to find out that the channel no longer exists. It had some great programming.

I Bet You - a show with poker stars Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari where they cruise around and bet on random stuff like who's the better trapeeze artist, bar tender, detective, etc... It was great for some laughs.

Three Sheets - host Zane Lamphrey would travel around the world and go to local watering holes and drink away.

There was some other good programming, but these are the ones that popped into my mind.

Anyway, just seeing if there were any other followers out there. Anyone else missing their Mojo?
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lost my Mojo

Was my favorite channel. Can't believe they went out of business. I can only hope that Three Sheets gets picked up by another station. It's really the only one on there I can see other stations having any interest. Going Abroad was a good show too, but it was still in it's infancy.

You can watch the London New Year's Pub Crawl on www.mojohd.com. I thought it was actually kind of disappointing compared to the Three Sheets standard IMO.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
beamish

This was my favorite channel also,although I couldn't figure out the king of miami show the channel seemed very popular,its hard to believe they canned it because of ratings....
Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamish View Post
This was my favorite channel also,although I couldn't figure out the king of miami show the channel seemed very popular,its hard to believe they canned it because of ratings....
I actually liked that show. It was funny in its own way. I mean, getting a spray on tan with a v-neck on, classic. I'm not surprised it was cancelled though.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Vitis

Ive never seen it but I heard three sheets is the bomb. It is my understanding that they are trying to make a deal with a bigger network
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

The best show on Mojo is/was After Hours with Daniel with Daniel Boulud. A bunch of chefs and celebrities just hanging out and eating.
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Was my favorite channel. Can't believe they went out of business. I can only hope that Three Sheets gets picked up by another station. It's really the only one on there I can see other stations having any interest. Going Abroad was a good show too, but it was still in it's infancy.

You can watch the London New Year's Pub Crawl on www.mojohd.com. I thought it was actually kind of disappointing compared to the Three Sheets standard IMO.
I read on Zane's blog that he and a hundred people or so went around campaigning outside various agencies around L.A. chanting "Save Three Sheets." Of course, they managed to sneak in a couple of stops at some bars. I hope another channel picks up his show. I'll have to check out the New Years special online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldukes View Post
The best show on Mojo is/was After Hours with Daniel with Daniel Boulud. A bunch of chefs and celebrities just hanging out and eating.
That was a cool show too. A lot of great programming and in HD!!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote