Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Differences In Tats???

I'm Becoming A Complete Tat Whore! Seems Like That's The Only Smoke I Really Crave, Now. What Are The Differences Between The "Regular" Tat Line From Miami & The Havana VI?

Thanks, All!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
klipsch

Default Re: Differences In Tats???

What do you consider the "regular" line?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
What do you consider the "regular" line?

Do you mean the white line or the Brown line? EDIT: Nvm, seems the brown line is the "Miami" line?

All I know is that the white (series P) line is made with mixed filler, while the others are not.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
tedrodgerscpa
Palmetto State Herf Crew!

First Name: Ted
Trading: (87)
QdO
tedrodgerscpa has disabled reputation

Brown labeled tats are rolled in Miami, whereas the rest of the line is rolled in Nicaragua.

That's part of the price premium for the brown labels over the red labels.

The line was carefully blended by Don Pepin Garcia, so I'd highly recommend you explore more of his products if you enjoy Tatuaje.

I find the brown labeled cigars to be amongst the stronger of the line (with the Black and T110 even fuller), and the red labeled a more medium to full.

I dont' think the white labeled tats are in production any longer, but these were mixed filler and even 'milder' than the red labeled.

Other brand offshoots, such as La Riqueza, Cabaiguan, and Ambos Mundos vary in strength and quality (Ambos Mundos is the only Tat product I don't care for).

You can also read more at the tatuajecigars.com website

Everyday I'm shufflin...

Last edited by tedrodgerscpa; 03-13-2010 at 09:59 AM.
tedrodgerscpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

I find the red labels to be milder than the browns.

They remind me of the El Rey de los Habanos; not a bad stick at all but I much prefer the browns.
issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

Never had a brown, but I love the Red! I think the white label is made from scraps after making the others. They are cheap, might be worth a buy for a yard gar.
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

In general I like the browns more than the reds. They are a little more full bodied and are more multi-dimesional. I have had a couple of red hermosas and Angeles that were outstanding though. Really sweet and creamy.

Just don't get started on the Verocus!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
In general I like the browns more than the reds. They are a little more full bodied and are more multi-dimesional. I have had a couple of red hermosas and Angeles that were outstanding though. Really sweet and creamy.

Just don't get started on the Verocus!!!
The East/Wests are the shiz for me in the Tat line. My only complaint about them is the wrappers are so damn delicate that if you look at them wrong they split. Haven't smoked the Verocu tubos that I have yet to see how they compare and resisted the 9s simply because of the size as I feel like I have to many smokes that size currently. I do love me some Unicos to though. Smoked my first Ambos Mundos yesterday and really enjoyed it. For the price point I thought it wasn't a bad smoke. Still have yet to try the Series P line and the two T110 that Mario sent me are getting torched as soon as the weather here really breaks and I get to sit out back with one wit a nice rum and Dr Pepper
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
In general I like the browns more than the reds. They are a little more full bodied and are more multi-dimesional.

yep, definitely the most complex in my opinion. I started out smoking the Brown labels and made my way around the other lines. but I have come back to the original browns as my personal favorite. and so far I'd say the Cojonu '09s are hands down the best in my opinion, the only Tat I still buy regularly.

I just wish they were a little more consistent. It seems like out of every three brown Tats I smoke; one is amazing, one is pretty good, and one is a total dud. same thing with the Riquezas. but if you do get a good one...wow.

Last edited by JJG; 03-13-2010 at 11:27 AM.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: art
Trading: (15)
Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough

J21s are my favorite.....
maverickdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

I havent had a Tat I like yet. Ive only had the red and white labels though. Passed on a brown label at my B&M last night.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

According To Cigars International, The Tatuaje Group (Miami) Is Blended In Miami By Don Pepin Garcia. The Havana VI Is Blended By Jose Pepin Garcia (His Son???) In Nicaragua. Is The Tat Havana VI Line A Cheaper, Lower Quality Line With A Completely Different Taste? I Love The Tat Line From Miami But Haven't Sampled The Havana VI Line. Thanks For All The Help, Guys!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
According To Cigars International, The Tatuaje Group (Miami) Is Blended In Miami By Don Pepin Garcia. The Havana VI Is Blended By Jose Pepin Garcia (His Son???) In Nicaragua. Is The Tat Havana VI Line A Cheaper, Lower Quality Line With A Completely Different Taste? I Love The Tat Line From Miami But Haven't Sampled The Havana VI Line. Thanks For All The Help, Guys!
Greg,

If I understand it correctly (and I probably don't since I'm not a huge Tat fan).

-The Brown labels are rolled in Miami.
-The Red and White labels are rolled in Nic. and due to the lower labor cost are a lower priced alternative.
-The White label is a mixed long and medium length filler.
-Jamie is Jose Don Pepin Garcia's son.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Basically, the VI is the red line, and is less expensive because labor is cheaper in Nicaragua than in Miami. The blend is also a bit different than the brown. Is it lower quality? No!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
Greg,

If I understand it correctly (and I probably don't since I'm not a huge Tat fan).

-The Brown labels are rolled in Miami.
-The Red and White labels are rolled in Nic. and due to the lower labor cost are a lower priced alternative.
-The White label is a mixed long and medium length filler.
-Jamie is Jose Don Pepin Garcia's son.

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks! So DPG & Jose Don Pepin Garcia One & The Same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Basically, the VI is the red line, and is less expensive because labor is cheaper in Nicaragua than in Miami. The blend is also a bit different than the brown. Is it lower quality? No!
Thanks, Rev! What Are The Differences In Taste, Please? Thanks!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

All these questions are hurting my head Greg

Give me your addy and I will send you a few Red's
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanks! So DPG & Jose Don Pepin Garcia One & The Same?

Pretty sure.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #18
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort View Post
All these questions are hurting my head Greg

Give me your addy and I will send you a few Red's
I've Already Tried The Red Tubos, Gary, So I'm Not Falling For That!

I Probably Should Visit The Tatuaje Website, Huh? Thanks To You & Everyone For Their Help!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Quote:
I've Already Tried The Red Tubos, Gary, So I'm Not Falling For That!

I Probably Should Visit The Tatuaje Website, Huh? Thanks To You & Everyone For Their Help!
You're a smart cookie Greg
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks, Rev! What Are The Differences In Taste, Please? Thanks!
You haven't tried either of these yet? Hmm. The browns (Miami) are bolder with a bit more spice than the red (Havana VI) line. They both exhibit pepper, with the red line have more leather and come the brown some cream in the flavors. I have never found sweet or cocoa or such type flavors, both line come across as earthier.

If I can summarize that way.

Personally, I find the smaller ring guage in both lines to be tastier - my favorites are the Noella (brown) and Angeles (red).

Peace of the Lord be with you.