Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
PindarsLight

Default Need More NICOEs

I spent 4 weeks at a place called the National Intrepid Center of Excellence, right across the street from the Walter Reed Naval Medical Center. Millions of dollars are poured into TBI studies and other invisible wounds. With all the amputees around one forgets the ones who suffer from MTBI or related mental health issues.

The medical care here at Riley is sub-par at best, When I went to NICOE they had both eastern and western medicine. I did about 7 hours worth of MRIs and PET scans, I learned about my anger I learned that I have 5 lesions on my left frontal lobe.

I learned I have severe underlying depression, I have an anxiety disorder and severe anger my knees lower back shoulder and neck are damaged. I have low cortisone and testosterone. I learned so much about myself an ways to motivate myself that I wish more people can go to this and learn that they are not alone that people do care and want to help.

We as Iraqi and Afghanistan war vets are very fortunate to have some this stuff, Our other national treasures WW1 WW2 Korean and Vietnam vets got screwed and I pray and hope that these men get what they deserved because without them I wouldnt be able to wear my uniform and serve

Here's to you I will never forget you and what you have done I respect and love you as brothers and as Heroes
Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need More NICOEs

Great and true post Brother...
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Glad to hear that you are being helped. I still think there is so much more that can be done for our VETS!!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
PindarsLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Glad to hear that you are being helped. I still think there is so much more that can be done for our VETS!!!!!
There is stuff coming out but, I feel the military is lax in its attempt to put better care each base. Better WTBs and less asshole cadre in those WTBs.

The VA is so backed up it's not funny, and the Obama crew whats to nail us on a cross? w...t...f I wish this country had a little more respect for those who risk their lives and those who do their best to provide a helping hand to them i.e Police, FireFighters, Paramedics etc. Seems to me we as a country are a littel ass backwards...why does kim kardashin make more money then the rest of us? Why do those big baby football players get more money then a soldier who just got shot in the chest or a police officer who just got shot? Or that firefighter on 9/11 who ran into the towers knowing they were going to die. I'm kinda ashamed of us ya know?
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I think because soldiers, and firefighters and police go into the profession as a calling, not for the money.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
PindarsLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I think because soldiers, and firefighters and police go into the profession as a calling, not for the money.
Your right but the money helps..families expenses, now I'm not saying we should get millions of dollars but I think we should get what we deserve. I get a mediocre paycheck at best and I'm crippled...I have just enough to pay the bills and get food. I'm applying for SS because I myself can't work and I'm not allowed to be home alone with my kids so my wife has to take care of them.

What kind of life is that? I knew damn well there was a possibility I would eat **** and or die. But I never would of thought I would gotten treated the way I have and have to fight for my medical care every step of the way. As I'm sure many others have had to do. who is going to pay for my mono therapy? Tricare doesn't care have the **** I should be getting and the medical care here is sub par at best. I have to drive 2 hours just get stuff done. I don't know what its like for the Boys in blue and red but alot of us get out and do that stuff do the need to help people far exceeds money however when get get hurt we are left to rot and that shouldn't happen to ANYONE. I hope you see my point I'm really pretty pure in my way of thought and intentions
Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am sorry to hear of your situation, that is truly sad that you can't get what you need to take care of your needs after serving your country. I didn't mean to offend you with my opinion, just making the observation that we generally don't get into these fields in order to get rich...but you certainly deserve to have your medical needs met after the sacrifice you made.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
PindarsLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am sorry to hear of your situation, that is truly sad that you can't get what you need to take care of your needs after serving your country. I didn't mean to offend you with my opinion, just making the observation that we generally don't get into these fields in order to get rich...but you certainly deserve to have your medical needs met after the sacrifice you made.
No offense taken icehog...I totally understand your point and it's very much accurate.