Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #41
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: It's iPhone upgrade time, woohoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
A buddy just got the new iPhone and says its a flop. Lots of noise, horrible wifi, and other general reception issues. I guess a lot are complaining.

I just got a new battery on my iPhone 7 and it's like a new phone! Best money spent vs getting a new phone.
I thought about that too, I think I am going to wait and see about the XR when it comes out. If I do the two year contract for $450 off I can myself and my wife one for around $800 after tax. Two year contract doesn't bother me any because I have been with them so long I'm not going anywhere.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #42
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I thought about that too, I think I am going to wait and see about the XR when it comes out.
New battery was about $50
Old 10-02-2018, 07:27 AM   #43
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
New battery was about $50
Good chance Apple would have replaced it for nothing, or the phone, had a couple friends that brought their phones in for "things that shouldn't have happened" and they just got the phone replaced, apple still has pretty solid customer service in those areas.

I broke down and ordered the XS Max and yah a Series 4 watch, both being delivered today. Early bday present for myself and well I can write them off my taxes next year lol
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #44
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Which watch band did you order, Adam? I got the black "sport loop", which is fine, but it's a little bit of work to get it over my fat hands

Yesterday, I ordered a knock off of the Stainless Steel Mesh Milanese Loop in black. Apple wanted $150 and I got it for $15 on Amazon

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #45
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Good chance Apple would have replaced it for nothing, or the phone, had a couple friends that brought their phones in for "things that shouldn't have happened" and they just got the phone replaced, apple still has pretty solid customer service in those areas.
2-3 years later they are not going to replace anything. Batteries dying out over time is expected across board, any make of phone.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #46
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Be sure to take a picture of your new phones with your new phones and post here, so we can see both it and the quality of the camera.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #47
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I broke down and ordered the XS Max and yah a Series 4 watch, both being delivered today. Early bday present for myself and well I can write them off my taxes next year lol
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!

Watch 2.0 here and no desire to upgrade it. The wife on the other hand desires all things new in gadgets.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #48
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!

Watch 2.0 here and no desire to upgrade it. The wife on the other hand desires all things new in gadgets.
Love the new phone, really impressive, the cool camera that when the camera app is open the camera is literally taking a picture and deleting it constantly till you hit the shutter button and it shows you that image at that split second, so no shutter lag on the cameras... that's really a big advancement.

The face recognition to unlock the phone is almost "too fast", it made me nervous at first that my phone just wasn't locking or it was unlocked randomly when I picked it up. Basically you pick up your phone and when it sees your face it unlocks, so if you are sitting and you pick it up off a table basically it instantly unlocks. I had a couple people try it and nope, it wasn't randomly unlocking. It's great because all the apps you used to have to use finger print for even when your phone is open and in use, just use face recognition and it's almost instant as well.

I had the original watch so it was time, have you seen the new 4s... maybe you shouldn't go look, the clarity and size of the screen is awesome. I mean you know it's about what you have today. Nothing to see here move along.

Here you go because i need more ****, I mean information on my watch

AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #49
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Love the new phone, really impressive, the cool camera that when the camera app is open the camera is literally taking a picture and deleting it constantly till you hit the shutter button and it shows you that image at that split second, so no shutter lag on the cameras... that's really a big advancement.

The face recognition to unlock the phone is almost "too fast", it made me nervous at first that my phone just wasn't locking or it was unlocked randomly when I picked it up. Basically you pick up your phone and when it sees your face it unlocks, so if you are sitting and you pick it up off a table basically it instantly unlocks. I had a couple people try it and nope, it wasn't randomly unlocking. It's great because all the apps you used to have to use finger print for even when your phone is open and in use, just use face recognition and it's almost instant as well.

I had the original watch so it was time, have you seen the new 4s... maybe you shouldn't go look, the clarity and size of the screen is awesome. I mean you know it's about what you have today. Nothing to see here move along.

Here you go because i need more ****, I mean information on my watch

Cool!....better living thru technology!...
Old 10-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #50
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

You need a better watch face, Adam

Attached Images
File Type: jpg apple watch.jpg (66.7 KB, 308 views)

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #51
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Gainey has me talked into an XS Max.
I did all the reading.

Oddly, after looking at the Galaxy note, it’s calling me.
Thing is, after fixing so many Android phones for everyone, I honestly don’t care for the OS.

I don’t get the insurance on my phones because they’re covered long enough to expose manufacture issues, and I just fix whatever breaks.
I have a 6+ lemon that I forever wrench on.
I just had to put a new charging port and battery in it because it’s junk.
Easily the worst phone I’ve ever owned.

In all honesty, I came to see what you did and how it’s worked out, Greg.