Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 12-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #5161
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda and Icehog3 II

I played on 3 teams in 3 leagues until June, when I broke my leg and ankle in a game and had to have surgery. Still not sure when I'll be able to skate again, there was pretty severe ligament damage to the ankle as my foot turned backwards after the ankle displaced.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #5162
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I played on 3 teams in 3 leagues until June, when I broke my leg and ankle in a game and had to have surgery. Still not sure when I'll be able to skate again, there was pretty severe ligament damage to the ankle as my foot turned backwards after the ankle displaced.
I knew it was bad, didn't know it was that bad. Damn Admiral. You don't half-a$$ anything.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #5163
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I knew it was bad, didn't know it was that bad. Damn Admiral. You don't half-a$$ anything.
Whether it's crashes or spills, no I do not, Bob.

How's the knee?

Hit chest and core yesterday.

Today is back and core, and if I have the gas for shoulders and/or arms I may throw some of that in too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #5164
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Knee is ok today. Gonna take a rest from legs for a week or so and see how it does with some rest.

Chest day this morning.
Flat bench barbell. Worked on increasing weight, letting my body adapt.
Flat bench dumbbell. Felt easy after all the barbell work.
Seated chest flys
Skull crushers
Tri pushdowns
Icarian press finisher, 100 reps (that was fun)
10 mins EMOM cardio
Old 12-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #5165
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Glad to hear the knee is better, Bob...and good work!

Just did back and abs today, short and sweet, but starting to feel a little more like myself.

Barbell rows x 4 sets
T-bar rows x 3 sets
Cable rows x 3 sets
Boatload of ab work

Old 12-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #5166
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Legs and abs today, feeling better and better.

Tore up leg presses, hammie curls and extensions. Maybe try some front squats or hack squats next leg day.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #5167
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Legs yesterday - first time my hips felt good in a while.

Chest today - flat bench 5x, incline db 4x, hammer press 5x
Old 12-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #5168
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Glad the hip is better, Huy.

Chest, abs and cardio today. Several of my long-time gym friends commented it was the first time they had ever seen me on a bike there.

Bench press x 4 sets
Decline x 3 sets
Incline x 3 sets
Vertical bench x 2 sets
Flyes x 3 sets

Old 12-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #5169
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Back yesterday, bent over rows, wide pulldowns, T-bar rows, cable rows, rear delt flyes.

Legs today, 7 sets of leg press, hammie curls, extensions. Saving those hacks for next time.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #5170
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Back yesterday

Legs again today.

I’m back on 3x3 with a hypertrophy day. Want to get my numbers back up again.

Hypertrophy legs today. Probably one of the best days I’ve had in a while. Kept things simple.

Fronts 4x
Plate box step ups 3x
Lying leg curls 4x
Single leg press 5x
Old 12-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #5171
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Nice job, Huy!

Did I mention I started the Keto diet to jumpstart thinning out my middle and ramping up my metabolism? Getting my workouts in, despite having only 10 net carbs Monday and Tuesday, 4 Wednesday and 8 yesterday.

I'd like to keep it up for 30 days to see if I can shape my core back up, but how I end up feeling will dictate how long I go.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #5172
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

First week was tough but then it gets easier. I lived off eggs, sausage and cheese.

I think it’s a great tool but short term usage only. There are so many different opinions on Keto and if our bodies can really sustain using fats as a source of energy.

Anyway, did it for about 1.5 months but then in the end, pizza is life. I love carbs so I just don’t want to deprive myself of pizza and cookies again.

I’ll probably go back to carb cycling, as I found it actually more beneficial for me.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #5173
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

Upper hypertrophy in 30 minuets!

Seated Db press - bent over db rows 4x
Hammer strength press - wide grip pull downs 4x
Dips - pull ups 3x

Db curls - over tri extensions 5x
Old 12-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #5174
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

Guantanamera

You ever wonder if Charlie is somewhere out there still squating everyday? Lol
Old 12-22-2018, 08:22 AM   #5175
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
First week was tough but then it gets easier. I lived off eggs, sausage and cheese.

I think it’s a great tool but short term usage only. There are so many different opinions on Keto and if our bodies can really sustain using fats as a source of energy.

Anyway, did it for about 1.5 months but then in the end, pizza is life. I love carbs so I just don’t want to deprive myself of pizza and cookies again.

I’ll probably go back to carb cycling, as I found it actually more beneficial for me.
Thank you for the insight, Brother. I was shooting for 30 days to start, I'm not thinking it's going to be a lifestyle for me, but a short term way to melt this sh!t off my middle that has accumulated in 6 months of being injured. I definitely have no intention of giving up carbs for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
You ever wonder if Charlie is somewhere out there still squating everyday? Lol
Maybe Charlie squatting every day for so long is the reason he's not here?

Charlie, hope you're out there somewhere and well.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #5176
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

12/22: Chest and abs day. Starting to feel that "Keto flu", strength is down, endurance isn't great...so just bust through it. Vertical bench, inclines, flyes, machine inclines, dips. Finish with lots of ab work.

12/23: Back and cardio day. Feel like I'm gassed walking in, so I hit it even harder than the day before. Bent over rows, T-bar rows, wide pulldowns, cable rows, dead hangs. Feel like I need to either lay down or puke. I do neither. I ride the damn bike.

Keep in mind I've been taking in less than 10 carbs a day for almost a week now, and on Keto for 11 days.

12/24: Legs and abs. Again I feel like the tank is on fumes, so I get an even better leg workout that the last one when I felt good. Leg press, front squats, hammie curls and extensions, followed by more abs. Had lunch, then did a 3.5 mile power walk.

Hope to do at least 19 more days on Keto, but as always I'll let the body dictate the course.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #5177
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Interesting to read your results of working out while doing keto. A coworker has been on it for months and said he’s getting the best workouts in. I guess everyone reacts differently.

Been only doing cardio while my pinched nerve relaxes. Actually feels good today. Looks like I’ll be back at it next week.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #5178
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Interesting to read your results of working out while doing keto. A coworker has been on it for months and said he’s getting the best workouts in. I guess everyone reacts differently.

Been only doing cardio while my pinched nerve relaxes. Actually feels good today. Looks like I’ll be back at it next week.
Hope you can hit it hard next week, Bob.

From what I've read the current decrease in performance is normal for the first few days while it Ketosis, while the body gets used to using fat as fuel. I've actually had pretty decent workouts the past 3 days, but I feel like I'm working out on sheer determination and will power. Hopefully the next round will be better. Heading in today just to do some arms and abs on what would have been a day off. Earning that turkey.

I'll keep updating and let you know how the strength and energy go.

Merry Christmas, Bob, Huy, Greg, Charlie and all the others who swing by.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #5179
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hit chest today, did something different. One medium weight, high rep set of every chest exercise I could think of to failure. Just something to keep the mind fresh until I start getting more keto energy....which actually was up today, despite skipping my day off .

Off the top of my head I did incline, 30* incline, flat bench, decline, vertical bench, machine incline, super wide and decline, flyes and dips. actually added a 2nd set of a couple things just for a little more volume, and then added 50 minutes of cardio. Definitely the most energetic I've felt this week.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #5180
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice work Tom!