Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Swif

Default How to deal with poor service?

I had a question to ask the community hear?

I would like to know how you guys would deal with a product you bought and the product minor concerns?

I have contacted the company expressed my concerns sent pictures of my concerns, and was told that they would fix the concerns. about 9 months pass as I am in contact with the company on a monthly bases where and when to send off to be repaired.

The company then informs me that they will refund me my money and I can keep the product. I inform the company to send me the money and payment s would be fine. I also told the company to have the product picked up so they can fix it and resell to recoup some lost funds.

The company insist I keep the product and first payment would be sent in a few weeks and full refund would take a few months.

I received a very same payment about 2 months after this was agreed and I am about 2 years past from when I sent payment for product. I am not one to blast on a forum. I have tried to work with the company and have been well beyond willing to work with the company.

How would you handle the concern? would you sell the product and expect full refund? Would you speared the word about the company? I am having trouble with what to do.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
fencefixer will become famous soon enoughfencefixer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How to deal with poor service?

No, why leave the name out?
And if it's been 2 years.. I'd have taken 'em to court a long time ago.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Swif

Correction it will be a year for when the I ordered. I was supposed to receive in a month and it took about 3 months. I have had in my possession for almost 9 months.

Court cost is the many reason and time for not going to court.

Holding name as I do not want to cause a problem for the company at this time if I can avoid it.

It will also cause waves on this forum and maybe another.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

It is sometimes helpful to name the company in case someone has ideas on other approaches that may help you. If the product isn't costly and if you basically able to use it, then it might be best just to chalk it up to experience and move on. It sounds to me like you have tried really hard with this company, however, and that it is the poor customer service that is most bothering. In that case, I'd name the vendor just in case your experience is a one-off or part of a known pattern with the vendor.

Plus, never underestimate the healing power of a good and justified vendor rant.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
markem
Bunion

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swif View Post
It will also cause waves on this forum and maybe another.
If the vendor is represented on this forum, send them a PM and give them a chance to make it right. If the vendor isn't responsive, then drop the name and either the vendor will step up and explain their side, make it right in your eyes, or take it on the chin.

You can also send a PM to a moderator naming the company and asking for advice. You might not get any, but you'd be surprised how smart the TOE is (except James. James is a kindergarten drop out).
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
If the vendor is represented on this forum, send them a PM and give them a chance to make it right. If the vendor isn't responsive, then drop the name and either the vendor will step up and explain their side, make it right in your eyes, or take it on the chin.

You can also send a PM to a moderator naming the company and asking for advice. You might not get any, but you'd be surprised how smart the TOE is (except James. James is a kindergarten drop out).
Yep.
Good advice Mark
Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Swif

I have been in contact with the company/owner by email. The company is a vendor on the forum. Defiantly poor customer service that has lead to not being able to stand looking at the product.

The product can be used if I wanted to use. The problem I have is paying good hard can money for a product that I felt was well made from what I have seen on the forum. The concerns I have could have been fixed and still can be. I was willing to have them fixed by someone the company would recommend in my area as long as the company paid for the fix and took responsibility if the repairs were not performed correctly or damage took place instead of the fixes.

After waiting for the information were to send the product for about 3 to 6 months I emailed the owner stating he needs to refund me all my money and send for the product to be picked up and returned.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
pnoon
YNWA

RA

I'm confused.
You were dissatisfied with the product. The vendor refunded your money AND let you keep the merchandise. I'm not sure what the problem is?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Also what is the problem with said "item". would it be considered a problem by a majority of purchasers?

will all do respect some people cannot be pleased.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Swif

I have not been refunded my full amount. I was sent a small portion of the total coast. the reason for the full refund is for not resolving the concern and being dragged along. I empaled the owner after months of not sending me information were to send to have repaired due to him rushing building the product (by his own admission). He stated to keep the product and he would refund me in full.

I have received less about 10% of what i paid and still have a product that has the problems when I received it. I have not used the product as I want to have it fixed then lead to having it returned and getting a full refund. I did not want to inconvenience the company with a used product that they would fix and sell as used.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Can you at least share WHAT it is you bought and what the problem/defect is?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Swif

Its about dealing with build quality that could have and still can be fixed. the problem is being mis lead that the product would be fix then dragging me along for months saying "I am looking for the right person in your area to fix the concerns.

In fact the major concern is will the product function properly with the concerns I have. As far as not being able to be please it is a little hard to be pleased when you have concerns with the product, company states they will fix, drag their feet, tell you you will be refunded, and do nothing. then the fact the company tells you they rushed building your product and know that they did not do the job you paid them for to the fullest.

I enjoy support small privet business and paying a little more for a product to help local business and small business when I can. I also enjoy the customer service when and one on one dealing with small business.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Swif

I have know received and emails from the owner. I emailed minutes before the first post here and now have had more contact with the owner in the last hour then I have had in 3 months.

i want to hold off on the product as the company will be known right away if I say. As you can see I am still trying to not give the company a bad name as the product I feel they make is good. the problem is I have had a terrible experience with them. that being said i am not looking to give them a bad name. I just want my money back and move one.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Not sure what it is your looking for or your point in posting in the first place.

I'm out.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
fencefixer will become famous soon enoughfencefixer will become famous soon enough

David I understand you're trying to express dissatisfaction while being discrete about it because you mean "no harm", I totally understand and respect that.

However, without explaining what vendor and product is involved, I can guarantee you that the outcome will be 0. We know you're not trying to be disrespectful, you just want what you paid for. So please explain what product you purchased from whom and what the problem is.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Swif

Fencefixer

I am glad you understand.

To clear up what I am looking for: I want my money back as I gave plenty of time to resolve my dissatisfaction. I was told the problems would be fixed, they were not. i was told I would get a refund and I have not been fully refunded. I am at this point as build guilty was not up to par with other builds and was recognized by the build who stated he rushed the build.

I will hold releasing the company and product to see what out come may come in the next few weeks. If nothing then I will release the information as well as emails that I have sent and received.

As I sated I have received more emails in the last hour then in the last 3 months from the owner.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Can you at least share WHAT it is you bought and what the problem/defect is?
Agreed. Is it bigger than a bread box?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I'll check in tomorrow, this is way too suspenseful for me.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
markem
Bunion

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swif View Post
Fencefixer

As I sated I have received more emails in the last hour then in the last 3 months from the owner.
Excellent! I've only had minimal interaction with fencefixer, but he impresses me as someone who wants to do the right thing.

Now, tell us specifically what the problem was. He's been named, so spell it out and give him a chance. If he effed-up, I expect that he will own-up and man-up and say so. That's the way we are. We are not looking to cast blame, but we want all the inmates of CA to be comfortable with each other and are willing to stage a small intervention if so required.

You are doing great, so far. Let's bring this to conclusion so that you are happy, fencefixer is happy and the inmates are happy. Otherwise, we get a bit grumpy (joking!).

Yes, we do seriously care about you, fencefixer and this issue.

btw, do not release emails or PMs. You can talk about what they contain, but it is not polite to release them.
Closed Thread