Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Los Blancos Nine

This cigar was given to me by SterlingCigarMan today at Tower Pipes and Cigars. Andy had asked me to do a review for it, figured I have no life so what the hell.

Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Corojo Oscuro
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

First couple puffs on this cigar, I expected a full pow kick in the nuts spice since it is triple ligero, but NO, not at all. Getting some nice dense smoke. It's got some semi sweet tobacco flavor to it, leaving my tongue a little tingly. I would almost go as far as saying, syrup like sweet. Nose exhale, getting a very nice little subtle spice. I'm loving the fact, that this is not an overpowering spice kick ligero smoke.

As the 2/3rd starts off, starting to pick up on some rich coffee flavors, nose exhale and getting that nice little spice to it. I could see smoking this cigar with a nice stout! Getting a nice chocolate taste. No real soft spots, getting a pretty even burn, although the ash doesn't hold worth a damn.

As the final third begins, I'm starting to feel it a little. Son of a biscuit just kinda snuck up on me. I really don't want to say this, but it really taste like a Viaje Skull and Bones to me. Yes, I said it. The peppery flavor does kick up a notch but not to that kick your nuts notch, but it's a very pleasant pepper taste.

Overall, it was a nice cigar. Not sure on the price but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $10. Is it worth a try? YES, go out and try to find them. I'm generally a slow smoker, but this cigar burnt pretty fast.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Los Blancos Nine

Great review Huy.

You really nailed the syrup sweet and not kick you in the nuts spice.

I grabbed 2 5er's of the Toro and payed $7 a stick.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Huy!!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
mariogolbee

Nice review Huy.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Nice review Huy!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

I had one last week and was impressed!!

Great review Huy!!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
SterlingCigarMan

Thanks for the review brother, Happy to meet you in person, and glad you liked the cigar. It retails in CA for around $8.??.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Andy gave me one of these yesterday also, which I smoked at Tower, and I'd have to pretty much agree with Huy's review. Very nice cigar. When I got down to the last 1" or so of the cigar, I was kind of bummed that I was reaching the end of such a nice cigar.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Los Blancos should get rid of their other cigars and just focus on this one. It is the most unlike any of their others, thank God.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
SterlingCigarMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post

Overall, it was a nice cigar. Not sure on the price but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $10. Is it worth a try? YES, go out and try to find them. I'm generally a slow smoker, but this cigar burnt pretty fast.

Thanks for reviewing the NINE. I am glad you enjoyed our cigar.
The MSRP on the NINE is $6.93 - $9.75 depending on the state.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingCigarMan View Post
Thanks for reviewing the NINE. I am glad you enjoyed our cigar.
The MSRP on the NINE is $6.93 - $9.75 depending on the state.
It's doing well at the shop Andy. Everyone that has tried it, has been extremely impressed with it. I recommend that stick to pretty much everyone that comes in, wanting to try a new stick.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Here's another review on this cigar from me:

Appearance: Dark brown with an oily sheen. Nice spring with a perfect cap. Has a barn yard and tobacco smell. Well bunched and cut perfect.

Initial taste of fresh leather, and hay. Ash is mature and a bone white with a clean aftertaste. The cigar becomes a tad vegetal after a few puffs.

Mid point is straight tobacco with some leathery hints. Very full bodied and bit strong. Clean after taste persists.

Very slow burning cigar with good combustion. A solid cigar that I would not recommend for the beginner due its power. Nice smoke.