Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
WaRevo
Still Watching My Back

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
WaRevo is on a distinguished road
Default RyJ Anyone?

I smoke loads of different Cigars, one of the cigars that I come to like is the Romeo y Julieta in most shapes and blends. I have been smoking more Pipe and more Oliva, Padron and Gurkha and haven't looked at the RyJ for a while. Now I see they have one called RyJ and is said to be their first Nicaraguan Puro and wonder if anyone here smokes them, Tried them or has any insight in the matter?

Thank you
James
WaRevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: RyJ Anyone?

I went through a corojo-period long ago and smoked a few Habana Reserve. And if I go into a B&M that doesn't have anything I want, I'll sometimes pick up a Romeo. Otherwise, I find better value for my money in cigars other than General/Altadis. They just don't do it for me. I suspect that due to the volume of business they do, in order to maintain consistency, they have to forgo so much outstanding, but scarcer tobacco. If they can't be assured of having many years of nearly identical leaf in huge quantities, they miss out on some of the tastier leaf available to 'boutiques'....just a 'theory'
Old 09-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
CubanStocked
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
CubanStocked is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RyJ Anyone?

there is some confusion about the new cigars out by romeo...theres the RyJ which does feature a silky smooth wrapper but fails on taste and complexity. Then there is the RoMeo by RyJ which is decent for a maduro wrap. Not too much on taste but MSRP puts this line between $6.50 - $9.00 so its not bad. Then lastly, there is the "1875" romeo, not to be confused with the flagship Romeo y Julita 1875 line...the new 1875 line features a much lighter wrapper but Nicaraguan filler....smooth, somewhat flavorful...at best a golfing cigar. Again tho, the only thing that the 1875 has going for it is the price points (MSRP $5.50 - $6.75). I've had all 3 line if you want an in depth review...but to be quick, the RyJ is not worth it
CubanStocked is offline   Reply With Quote