Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Re: La Herencia Cubana oscuro fuerte robusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I disagree about the Diesel but yeah, these LHCOFs are phenomenal. Smoked a beli today and it was great. Need to get some more, I'm almost out...
Posted via Mobile Device
hence the "to me." Yeah, I was just not impressed with the Diesel. I thought it was a lot of hype and it did not live up to it. Different strokes for different folks.

Just got done smoking the LHC oscuro.... it was a good smoke. I would definitely smoke more if I had more. Thanks for the review, I don't think I would have smoked it if it wasn't for the review.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #22
Mpython24

Smoked one of these tonight. Paired nice with the brandy I had. Great review friend.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #23
Dark Jester

Enjoying one of these right now thanks to Dunkel. I think the diesel is about equal. I couldn't really pick one over the other. Both great smokes.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #24
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

I tried this one too, based on the review. I like them a lot very good cheap smoke.

"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." ~Bill Withers
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:10 AM   #25
Huskysibe
Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Name: Billy
Trading: (9)
LFdC Navy (Active)
Huskysibe will become famous soon enough

Right now this is my favorite go to smoke! Man O war is second and Diesel is third.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #26
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

Man I tell ya I am smokin one of these right now and it is GOOD. My goto is Sol cubana cuban cabinet. Get the seconds bundles they are a steal.
Posted via Mobile Device
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #27
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Lately I've smoked a few AJ Fernandez blends and so far I liked all of them, so I had high expectations when one of my smoking buddies came by my house with a box of La Herencia Cubana oscuro fuerte robusto. And a nice looking box I might add, simple but not an ordinary cab.

The 5.5 x 54 robusto has a pretty dark broadleaf maduro wrapper grown in Pennsylvania has hardly no veins. A Nicaraguan binder and filler from Esteli, Condega and Jalapa in Nicaragua finish this cigar. The double band is quite stylish, yet not overdone. The construction feels good and the cigar produces a nice barnyard aroma. The predraw is fine and leaves a peppery raisin flavor in my mouth.

I can taste a strong coffee flavor, more espresso then normal coffee and maybe a little too strong for my taste, it's borderline. After a centimeter I can taste a little bit of chocolate as an aftertaste. The texture of the flavors are dry.

I can also taste a wooden flavor through the espresso and slowly the espresso fades away a bit so that the wood becomes the dominant flavor.

Halfway there is a nice balance between the coffee and the wood flavors and the aftertaste is chocolate again, but really mild. At 2/3rd some herbal flavors join the coffee and wood, and slowly those herbs grow to become the dominant flavor, perfectly supported by the coffee and wood.

The draw is fine, just like the burn. The amount of medium thick smoke is insane, it is a good thing that my smoke alarm isn't working, or the fire department would have been paying a visit. The salt and pepper colored ash is firm but crooked. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored, the flavors are very bold and "in your face". I had a little nicotine buzz going on.

Would I buy this cigar again? Oh yeah!! Another fine AJ Fernandez blend and available for $3 a piece.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
You are spot on with this review Ferdi !
Nice review Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I like both alot but IMO the LHCOF is a little tastier than the Diesel.
Been sitting on a box since Jan and they do get better with a little age...but tasty ROTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
If that's true then the LHCOF's are
Great value.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just hope this stays the little secret it is. Or we can expect the price to go through the roof.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #28
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

the ones I have are about 6 months a year and they are gettting better. After having 3 of the Diesels I think the LHCOF's are maybe equal or a little better even.