Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #41
dannysguitar
Feeling at Home

First Name: Danny
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
dannysguitar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LOST Notes

WOW! Super informative! Thanks!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #42
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

The name on the side of last night's van (Canton/Reinier) can be unscrambled to spell "Reincarnation." Just a cool little easter egg/possible hint.

Anyone else want Faraday dead? Other than hating the actor with all my heart, I'm sick of his coy little "Uh, er, I? I don't know?" answers. Stop it. Stop being cute. Fix something.
ActionAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #43
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
The name on the side of last night's van (Canton/Reinier) can be unscrambled to spell "Reincarnation." Just a cool little easter egg/possible hint.

Anyone else want Faraday dead? Other than hating the actor with all my heart, I'm sick of his coy little "Uh, er, I? I don't know?" answers. Stop it. Stop being cute. Fix something.
haha...by him fixing something he may be the hero of the story..then you'll really be pissed.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #44
Ollie
It's gon RAIN

Trading: (5)
Ollie is on a distinguished road

[quote=Mugen910;201752]Season 5 Episode 3 "Jughead"

[i]1. Charles Widmore was... (dun dun dun)... an Other?! He was kind of a punk back then so maybe he ends up getting kicked off the island then goes on to form the Dharma Initiative to find and study the island's paranormal properties? Then, in the future, Ben (who was a Dharma employee) turned on Dharma and killed everyone (the purge). This would explain why Widmore wants to kill Ben. Revenge for Ben killing Widmore's entire crew and their families, destroying all the work Dharma had done. See the attached photo for the polar bear painting in Widmore's office.
QUOTE]

I get the feeling Widmore was the other's leader immediately before Ben, and like Ben had to sacrifice his life there to save the island for some reason.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #45
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
haha...by him fixing something he may be the hero of the story..then you'll really be pissed.
You're right that would really trip my trigger. He's such a shitty actor. I used to be on another forum, a lot like this but for Losties, and I had to stop posting there because of how many people were all about this Faraday character. Watch any movie where this guy appears and he's playing Faraday. The only slight exception is Saving Private Ryan, so i guess it takes the likes of Spielberg to reel in this bumbling douche. Rant over.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #46
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
The only slight exception is Saving Private Ryan, so i guess it takes the likes of Spielberg to reel in this bumbling douche. Rant over.
Talk about a bumbling douche, I think he's even MORE Faraday-like in SPR. I can't stand his useless little character in that film, must be why I can't stand him in Lost. If Faraday is such a genius in quantum physics, then start spilling the beans about your freakin' theories, bub, instead of playing nursemate to your dying girlfriend. Which pretty much just consists of wiping blood off her face and shaking her unconscious body. Some genius you seem to be--about on par with your soldiering skills in SPR. Useless.

/rant

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #47
dannysguitar
Feeling at Home

First Name: Danny
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
dannysguitar will become famous soon enough

You guys are hillarious!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #48
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

I have to agree..I hate ,with a passion, his character in SPR...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #49
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Talk about a bumbling douche, I think he's even MORE Faraday-like in SPR. I can't stand his useless little character in that film, must be why I can't stand him in Lost. If Faraday is such a genius in quantum physics, then start spilling the beans about your freakin' theories, bub, instead of playing nursemate to your dying girlfriend. Which pretty much just consists of wiping blood off her face and shaking her unconscious body. Some genius you seem to be--about on par with your soldiering skills in SPR. Useless.

/rant

"Durr durr, can I bring my typewriter?"

Oh yeah sure, bring your ****in' typewriter out to war, just in case you get a brilliant idea for a novel. What is he some sort of beat poet?

Today it drizzled, grey skies: Germans mean business, can knife fight.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #50
Waynegro1

Quote:
You're right that would really trip my trigger. He's such a shitty actor. I used to be on another forum, a lot like this but for Losties, and I had to stop posting there because of how many people were all about this Faraday character. Watch any movie where this guy appears and he's playing Faraday. The only slight exception is Saving Private Ryan, so i guess it takes the likes of Spielberg to reel in this bumbling douche. Rant over.
I couldn't agree more. Faraday is a Foucault (pronounced [Foo-Koh])
Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #51
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Lost Update for Season 5 Episode 4 "Little Prince"

Not many Easter Eggs but a lot of speculation and theorizing this time...

1. Something that I just can't let go of... the only time we saw Daniel Faraday in the U.S., he looked depressed and scruffy in Massachusetts under the watch of a caretaker. When he saw a news report covering the discovery of the Oceanic Flight 815 wreckage, he became visibly upset, but he himself was unaware of the reason. Was he bouncing in time at that point and needed to make contact with his constant Desmond? Faraday confuses me...

2. This episode was titled "The Little Prince." There is a french (as in Rousseau) children's story called "The Little Prince" about a boy who lives on an asteroid named "Besixdouze" or B612 (just like the wreckage from Rousseau's ship). The little prince leaves his asteroid to see what the rest of the universe is like, and visits six other asteroids (6, like the Oceanic 6). The 7th place he visits is Earth, where he meets a desert flower who tells him that there are only a handful of men on earth and that they have no roots, which lets the wind blow them around making life hard on them (like the people unstuck in time on the island). In the end the little prince must die in order to return to the asteroid, just as John Locke has to die in order for the O6 to return to the Island.

3. Finally we see Danielle Rousseau's back story! Remember that her boyfriend is there and named Robert. There is also a fellow researcher named Montand who she says lost his arm. We heard his name mentioned last night when they pulled Jin out of the water. Remember Rousseau's radio transmission back from season 1 that she had to kill the rest of her crew because they contracted "the sickness"...

4. Speaking of Jin ... what does Jin's appearance mean to the storyline? If Rousseau's group had originally pulled Jin from the ocean, wouldn't she have recognized him all those years later when she met the 815 survivors back in Season One? But she didn't. And the fact that she didn't could very well mean that things have changed. Just as Richard doesn't recognize Locke later on, just as Ethan didn't seem to recognize Locke either... these future-to-past meetings seem to indicate that this is the first time these changes have occurred - at least within this time loop.

5. Remember that Juliet said learning Latin is "Others 101." The Blast Door Map from the Swan Hatch was labeled in Latin. See attached for a refresher on the Blast Door Map... seems like so long ago now.

6. While we're on hatches... Remember the Pearl Hatch... the one under the question mark where the occupants took notes on what the Swan Hatch occupants were doing? Fun fact: ''Pearl'' was the name of a character in the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Starlight Express, an opus about an electric train set that comes to life. Each car of the train is personified by an actor. You know what part of the train Pearl is? Yep: the observation car.

7. The scene where the Losties found their camp abandoned was a flash of the future. The Ajira Airways bottle told us that another plane crashed. For a moment, let's imagine that the Flight 815'ers failed at whatever the island needed them to do. Going with Ms. Hawking's theory of course-correction, the island would still need to bring people to it. Jacob would still need some help. What we saw here was the next generation of LOST: one in which the plane that crashed came from India, one in which the crash survivors were just different people playing the same roles. Most things would occur along the same lines: they'd build a camp, they'd be terrorized by the smoke monster, there would be lots of fighting and gunfire. Eventually they'd find the remnants of the 815 camp and wonder what the hell it was, much the same way our characters found the Black Rock and the 4-toed statue. They'd also scrap with the Others - early and often.

8. Last week arguments raged regarding the paradox of "If Richard gave Locke the compass, and Richard had it because Locke gave it to him, then who had it in the first place?" Chicken or the egg? Very paradoxical... but only if you assume there can only be one compass. Although we never see two Lockes or two Sawyers, we can assume there were two of each of them on the island the night that Boone died. This means there can also be two compasses. Future Richard gave Locke his compass and told him to give it to past Richard. I'm guessing that when Locke made the hand-off, Richard already had his compass. So now he's holding two of them, identical to each other, lending weight and credence to Locke's time-traveler story. Future Richard did this to convince his past self that Locke wasn't crazy or lying.

9. This also explains the sudden appearances (and disappearances) of people like Goodwin's wife Harper. Remember how she showed up out of nowhere and disappeared just as fast. Perhaps Harper's skipping along just like our main island characters are right now. Imagine Claire and Kate seeing Sawyer peering at them through the jungle, then impossibly disappearing as he's flashed away. Kate and Claire wouldn't (and didn't) see the flash - only Sawyer did. He's trapped on the needle of a broken record, skipping along whenever it jumps. Take the appearance of Walt... talking to Shannon right before she's shot by Ana Lucia. He was picked up by the needle a long time ago, and has been skipping ever since. I can't wait to go back and watch this show from the beginning and pick up on all this stuff!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #52
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Old 02-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #53
TheJ

Just watched the most recent episode this morning. It was the best one of the season.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #54
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post
Sorry sorry sorry...been busy..I will post the LOST update tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mugen910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #55
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Quote:
Sorry sorry sorry...been busy..I will post the LOST update tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #56
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

It's getting better. I can't wait to read your update Bao.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #57
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Season 5 Episode 5 "This place is death"

1. Just a blast from the past, but remember when "taller ghost" Walt appeared to Locke in "Through the Looking Glass" when Locke was lying in the Dharma mass grave? Perhaps that was Walt from the future who was actually sent by Locke? The writers have always said that they would be able to fit the actor's growth into the storyline in a way that makes sense. Also, remember when the "Other" Ms. Klugh asked Michael if Walt has ever appeared somewhere he shouldn't? Just something to think about...

2. The van that Ben has been driving around has a company name on the side. Canton-Rainier. It's an anagram for "reincarnation."

3. We finally have answers to questions from the very first season! Rousseau's crew found the island by following a radio transmission that listed the numbers 4, 8, 15, 23, etc. Then, she recorded over that transmission with her own that said that Montand lost his arm and that her crew developed the sickness so she killed them all. Now we know what happened! So, Smokey is the security system that guards the Temple. The Temple had heiroglyphics on it that resembled the same ones from the tunnel beneath Ben's Otherville house and the ones from the Swan Hatch when the numbers ran out (see attached screenshot). According to the producers of Lost these hieroglyphics translate into ''underworld.'' What happened to Danielle's crew when they went down Smokey's tunnel? Were they brainwashed like Karl when he was in room 23?

4. So, Charlotte's backstory is finally revealed. We know why she got nosebleeds, hemmorhaged, died first. She was exposed to the island before everyone else.... except Daniel. He would have been exposed to all of this in the 1970s when he was there working with Dharma. What is up with Daniel?!?! Based on nosebleeds we can assume the Miles was exposed to the island after Charlotte and before Juliet. I'm still believing that he was the baby we saw in the first episode with Dr. Chang/ Candle/ Wickmund. For my friend's BIG theory about Daniel... see the last item in this email... if you dare!

5. Are we to assume now the Christian Shepherd is, in fact, Jacob??? Last night he appeared to Locke and said "the last time you came looking for me was to ask how to save the island" or something like that. When Locke and Ben traveled to the cabin it was to find Jacob for guidance. But when Locke saw Christian in the cabin Locke asked Christian if he was Jacob and Christian said no. So, is he or isn't he Jacob???

6. I wonder why Christian said that JOHN was supposed to move the island, not Ben... that Ben... a master manipulator!

7. One of the boats in the marina where the Oceanic 6 met was named "Illusion."

8. I got the impression that Ben didn't know that Ms. Hawking was Daniel's Mother. Perhaps Ben is not as "in the loop" as I thought. Or, perhaps he was just freaked out that Desmond was there searching for her at the same time.

9. Back to Rousseau's crew... Is that Hurley (?!?!) repeating the numbers on her team's radio? I think so! Listen to the attached mp3 and hear it for yourself! Why would Hurley be transmitting the cursed numbers before 1988, when Rousseau's team crashed, you ask? If you want to know my friend's theory read below... however, if she ends up being right don't be angry if it got spoiled for you because I'm warning you now not to read any further if you don't want to know!

My BIG Daniel Faraday theory:

Locke fixes the frozen wheel which causes the time jumps to stop, therefore the island would remain in the time it currently is in. I believe this time will be the 1970s and the Losties will meet up with Dharma. Faraday will infiltrate Dharma to try to understand/ research/ disable the frozen wheel which is why we saw him with Dharma in the first episode of this season! He was never there before in the 1970's (the first time around) but he will be now! Also, while he's there in the 1970s he will find a young Charlotte and tell her "Leave the Island and never come back!" Just like Charlotte remembered when she became a babbling idiot just before she died! It was a NEW memory for her just like how Desmond woke up with a NEW memory of Faraday visiting him in the hatch. It didn't happen originally but now that it has happened the people are having memories as if it DID happen. Get it?
Faraday does not remember telling young Charlotte not to come back to the island because it hasn't happened yet! Of course, she tried to find the island in her adulthood because he never told her not to come back until now that he's stuck in the 1970s and has YET to tell her!

After seeing the first episode this season I thought that Faraday was a master time-traveler but now I believe he's just stuck in the 1970s on the island for the first time.
This got me to thinking.... if the island is in the 1970s now then perhaps when the Oceanic 6 get back (assuming they will) they will also arrive in the 1970s and Hurley will somehow have to transmit the numbers which Rousseau's team hears and Hurley's mental institution buddy repeats the numbers (he heard them when he was serving in the military) which leads to Hurley winning the lottery! Or something like that... It all comes back to the numbers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swan Hatch heiroglyphics.jpg (15.3 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Temple heiroglyphics.jpg (124.8 KB, 239 views)
Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #58
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Ooh more to think about...great stuff Bao!!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #59
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
7. The scene where the Losties found their camp abandoned was a flash of the future. The Ajira Airways bottle told us that another plane crashed. For a moment, let's imagine that the Flight 815'ers failed at whatever the island needed them to do. Going with Ms. Hawking's theory of course-correction, the island would still need to bring people to it. Jacob would still need some help. What we saw here was the next generation of LOST: one in which the plane that crashed came from India, one in which the crash survivors were just different people playing the same roles. Most things would occur along the same lines: they'd build a camp, they'd be terrorized by the smoke monster, there would be lots of fighting and gunfire. Eventually they'd find the remnants of the 815 camp and wonder what the hell it was, much the same way our characters found the Black Rock and the 4-toed statue. They'd also scrap with the Others - early and often.
I have a theory about the Ajira Airways bottle . . . I believe at the end of this season the O-6 willl make it back to the island by taking an Ajira Airways flight that crashes on the island.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #60
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
Ooh more to think about...great stuff Bao!!
I do what I can Mr. Martin!