Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #61
Resipsa

Default Re: American Horror Story

the wife is a MILF.......just sayin.....
Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #62
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
the wife is a MILF.......just sayin.....
Agreed, I didn't think anything about her until the last episode.
I was like where did her hotness come from?
Old 10-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #63
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

So, is everyone a ghost on the show? Who is a ghost and who is not?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #64
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Agreed, I didn't think anything about her until the last episode.
I was like where did her hotness come from?
Last episode, it came from her cleavage--which had previously not been on display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
So far, the only ones that I can conclude are NOT ghosts are the house's newest inhabitants--the 3 Harmon family members. At least, they're not yet ghosts. I'm not sure about Jessica Lange. Her daughter now seems destined to be a ghost, since she had to drag her back on to the lawn before she died. Unless she didn't get there in time.

I'm not as confused as I was midway through Lost, but it's still early

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #65
Resipsa

Quote:
I am a ghost......

Boo!!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #66
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I think I am going to watch 1-4 tonight. You guys have just got me intrigued.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #67
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
I'm not as confused as I was midway through Lost, but it's still early
Well you are kinda old...
Old 10-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #68
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

O-ho, that IS a wicked show, indeed. Still, I am sitting here after watching 3.5 episodes, and the gay dudes
have "fluffed their house" for Halloween, and if you look screen left when they are outside, about 3/4 of the way
through Episode 4, one skeleton has the other skeleton bent over a giant pumpkin in a sex position...too funny.

Spoiler-----

I am guessing since everyone is kind of revealing plot dynamics throughout the thread, I can say...I wonder HOW
the wife is going to see the dead mistress girl they buried under the gazebo? (i.e., like the maid seems different
to the two of them.) WE KNOW the husband sees her. What is unfortunate for him is that we are outside looking in,
WE KNOW why it was not a good idea to kill her, but man, if HE ONLY knew. Episode 5 is going to be INSANE.

On the other subject, I disagree entirely, I NEVER felt like I knew what the hell was going on in LOST, and I think
the show shot itself in the foot over that. Even the END made no sense. It was 'supposed to tie it all up'...not
hardly. I am right up to speed on this show and it is DEE licious.

Last edited by OLS; 10-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #69
OLS
Suck It

As for who was buried under the future gazebo, I THOUGHT it was Burn Dude's kids or something, maybe a baby's dress
or something like that, but that doesn't really make sense in the end. I guess in context of the comment from J. Lange,
it should be the maid. But a filthy rotted piece of cloth is hardly ammunition to say, "it's just like what the
maid was wearing." I thought it had to be the original owner's baby or wife and baby, but why would Burnboy be
so poignantly engaged in memories, or so it would seem? But I am also not sure why Burnboy's kids would be buried
out back, so....
Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #70
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
This show rocks. They are definitely pushing the limits of basic cable!

MCS

They say things in that show that you can't even TYPE out on most forums!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #71
Resipsa

Already picked up for a second season

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=21677
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #72
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Is the security guy a ghost too? Just waiting for him to get it on with the wife. Talk about sexual tension!

Looks like everyone is a ghost. You can tell this show is geared towards the womans' appeal.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #73
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Is the security guy a ghost too? Just waiting for him to get it on with the wife. Talk about sexual tension!

Looks like everyone is a ghost
I wondered about that, but I think he's legit. Not sure how he missed Dylan McDermott beating the snot out of Burn-guy in the yard, though.

My wife suggested during last night's episode that Violet's boyfriend & the Burn-guy might be the same ghost, just years apart. Mostly based on the timing of when the Burn-guy was banging on the front door and then suddenly the boyfriend was in the front yard throwing rocks at Violet's window.

It's also clear from the dead high school ghosts (I assume) who came looking for revenge, that Violet's boyfriend is also a ghost. I think it was the cheerleader ghost who said, "I would be 34 now." That would mean she was killed around 18 years ago--presumably by the boyfriend--but he still looks 18 himself.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #74
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
I wondered about that, but I think he's legit.
I bet the security guy is legit as he drove that chick to the police station and then she was not there. He would've known she was a ghost if he was too. I like how the ghost are so mum on what they are to the family living in the house.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #75
OLS
Suck It

I am thinking that the boy and burnboy can't be the same person. I can't see the process of recycling ghosts.
I look at him and think, yeah, one could be the young version of the other. But I still think conceptually that it's
just not possible. But hey, this show is pretty out there. But I also thought all the ghosts from all the murders
are all just walking around the yard and house waiting to interact. Then a bunch show up at the beach. And I think
that husband has just no started to figure out that there are actually actual ghosts on the premises. Was that MAGGOTS
that Haydn spit up?? Yech. How long before they get the picture that every single person they see is dead, lol.
Buy is THAT going to be a day.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #76
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

It could just be me but I don't think the burn guy is a ghost. Most of the other characters don't mention their relation to the house but he is open about it and says he was in jail and just got out. Plus what would a ghost need with $1000? I don't think he would hassle him for money just for a scare.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #77
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
It could just be me but I don't think the burn guy is a ghost. Most of the other characters don't mention their relation to the house but he is open about it and says he was in jail and just got out. Plus what would a ghost need with $1000? I don't think he would hassle him for money just for a scare.
Didn't the burn guy take a major beating by the husband? Even though he was asking for 1K, I think it was just to put a worry on the husband as money is tight and often a stress epicenter issue in families.

Heck, if he knows they're all ghosts, he go back to having sex his side thang and the maid without worries....
Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #78
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

This thread got me intrigued about the show. Going through baseball withdrawal, so I spent an evening watching episodes 1 through 4 On Demand. Not sure that was a good idea ... that was a whole lot of creepy stuff in a row. Left me feeling sort of unsettled, maybe a little dirty, but I'm hooked.

The ghost thing seems to be only one "Horror" of this show. It's the play of the bazaar situation with the weaknesses of the characters. What does the husband do when the burn man kills his girlfriend? Can't call the cops ... how do you explain this? What would his wife do? Trapped. So, he lets the burn man bury her in the back yard and then builds a gazebo on top of her. Of course, you have to think we haven't seen the last of the girlfriend. A true horror in the making from the very beginning.

I'll be watching episode 5. So much of this is spinning out of control and yet to be revealed. For example, the show begins with these old photos of children. Have I missed something? What's the deal with those pictures?
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #79
OLS
Suck It

And WHO KNOWS what the voice is saying as those pictures go past. It's the same word over and over,
but I can't make it out, and maybe it's not even a word.
I am no plot scientist, but it could be that the pictures somehow represent all of the little aborted babies that the
original owner of the house sent to the great unknown. This is a cool show indeed. but I had been watching the
Walking Dead over 4-5 nights, and when I finally got back to Episode 5, I was almost LOST mentally, I had a rough
time getting back into it. It's like a year had gone by. But now I am back into the swing.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #80
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

Last weeks show has know gotten me even more into the show. I think it explained a lot more about the characters. Looking forward to tomorrow's show.