Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-30-2021, 02:24 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default My Father - Tabaco Baez SF - corona

http://myfathercigars.com/default.asp
So, i picked these up after watching a video recommending them and boy was that a great idea. these are great short filler cigars. here's my review

appearance: dark chocolate, some small veins but nothing too bad otherwise well constructed

right out of the gate i was hit with cinnamon and chocolate

chocolate, cinnamon, cedar, caramel, coffee, raisin (dry fruit), sweet tobacco, pepper, allspice, small hints of leather

coffee, chocolate, pepper, caramel, leather becoming more prominent, creaminess, vanilla, allspice, some spiciness, it’s developing a savory aspect mixed with a sweetness that is quite pleasant,,

chocolate, allspice, leather, pepper, spice, caramel, savoriness mixed with sweetness, coffee, creaminess, inhaling there’s a savory character but exhaling it has a sweetness on the tongue,

Ash, was solid but flaked from time to time

Finish: This is a great bang for your buck cigar and from My Father no less.These, from what i understand contain 70% long filler and 30% short filler so not a true SF cigar. I find i have no hesitation reaching for these just for how tasty they are. This cigar really comes alive in the last segment as well so it starts of sweet but turns into something akin to a cocoa rubbed steak. I cannot recommend them highly enough especially for those on a budget. Now if my La Promesa's could get here quicker i'd be even happier. thank you for taking the time to read this! God bless you!
Old 12-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: My Father - Tabaco Baez SF - corona

Sounds tastier than the La Bijou I smoked Tuesday, Jason, and probably about 1/4 the price.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Sounds tastier than the La Bijou I smoked Tuesday, Jason, and probably about 1/4 the price.
It's funny you say that Tom because the La Bijou i smoked wasn't as good as i thought it would be coming from My Father. It was just a little underwhelming and one dimensional but i'll give it another shot. it was okay though
Old 12-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
It's funny you say that Tom because the La Bijou i smoked wasn't as good as i thought it would be coming from My Father. It was just a little underwhelming and one dimensional but i'll give it another shot. it was okay though
Yes, I am definitely going to try a different blend next time I buy a My Father, perhaps a La Promesa?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yes, I am definitely going to try a different blend next time I buy a My Father, perhaps a La Promesa?
Oh yeah! I just bought a box of corona Gorda going off of how good the one i had was. it was a magnificent cigar
Old 12-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Oh yeah! I just bought a box of corona Gorda going off of how good the one i had was. it was a magnificent cigar
Then I am decided.

Old 01-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

I just had a funny brain fart of a moment. I'm smoking a quorum shade toro right now (i know i know, i'm bringing in the new year cheaply) for some reason i decided i was gonna review the Tabaco baez today and had completely forgotten that i'd already done it. So, now maybe i'll review something more premium. we'll see because i kind of just wanna relax this holiday but my moods change from cigar to cigar so we'll see.

God bless you all!
Old 01-16-2022, 10:35 AM   #8
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

I'm bumping this review because i'm enjoying one now and am just reminded with how good these are for the price. I got mine from JR cigars so they needed to rest for a month but MAN do these babies really open up. Solid construction and packed with flavors (I promise i'm not getting paid to say this) Lots of sweet pepper, chocolate, creaminess, mixed with that savory sweetness that i find hard to describe. The best i can describe is a cocoa rubbed steak or hot chocolate with a dash of cayenne pepper. I really can't recommend them enough. They will vary a little from cigar to cigar but for the most part all the key flavors are always there. Anyways, that's all. God bless you all on this Sunday!
Old 01-16-2022, 11:34 AM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm bumping this review because i'm enjoying one now and am just reminded with how good these are for the price. I got mine from JR cigars so they needed to rest for a month but MAN do these babies really open up. Solid construction and packed with flavors (I promise i'm not getting paid to say this) Lots of sweet pepper, chocolate, creaminess, mixed with that savory sweetness that i find hard to describe. The best i can describe is a cocoa rubbed steak or hot chocolate with a dash of cayenne pepper. I really can't recommend them enough. They will vary a little from cigar to cigar but for the most part all the key flavors are always there. Anyways, that's all. God bless you all on this Sunday!
Sounds perfect! Thanks For The Great Review, Jason! Probably A Perfect Cigar For The Golf Course!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:52 PM   #10
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Smoking one of these tonight to end the night. Still a perfect start the day/end the day cigar and cheap to boot. I can't recommend these high enough for the price for what you get. Great flavors and a well constructed short filler cigar. God bless you all!
Old 03-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #11
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Atlantic Cigar has good prices on them
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote