Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #21
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Online Stores

the reason why i ask is that my experience, with UPS ground, when ordering other things online is that it takes up to 8 days.

also i agree about the USPS option. not only does it arrive in 2 - 3 days but is usually a cheaper option.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #22
auburnfan1980

The only problem I've ever experienced with shipping from Cigar.com or CI/C-bid is that if I try to smoke them straight outta the box, the wrapper seems more prone to come unraveled or crack. This is probably due moreso to the temperature change from the shipper to destination, however.

Jason
Old 11-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
Jdbwolverines
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Jdbwolverines is on a distinguished road

I've never really had a problem with any being too dry. I think most the major retailers actually keep their warehouses a little on the damp side, so when they do ship out they won't dry out or if people order from them just for a special occasion or something and don't really know a whole lot about cigar storage and leave them out for week or something they will still be ok. just give them a rest for a while once they arrive and you will be fine.

Going back to your original question though, I know that Tampa sweethearts put Boveda packs in with their orders.
Jdbwolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #24
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Check out TNTcigars.com I'm not sure where they ship from but most of their stores are in AZ it shouldn't take that long for you to get you stuff from them.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #25
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
I feel that the cigars will be fine for at least a week or more in a zip lock in the mail. Most retailers over humidify as it is so a little time without humidity is probably ok. With that said I (almost ) always let my packages rest in my humi after they have traveled before I light them up.

I agree with this totally as this is what I do without fail. The little suckers need to nap in your humi before you smoke em anyway.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #26
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

As has been mentioned - the big retailers don't do this - I have only received this from Rob and Kioki.

For most of you it probably doesn't make much difference but if your shipment takes more than three or four days I think it is well worth it.

Mine take 7 to 10 days nowadays and the water pillow at least makes me feel better.
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote