Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road
Default Gurka Assassin Torpedo Review (6.50x53)

This was an original post about me asking if these sticks were any good. After picking them up on good faith, I did my own review. This is posted on my original thread, but I figured I would post it here to make accessing it a little less complicated.

Gurka Assassin Torpedo Review (6.50x53)

Taste: You get a nice peppery, earthiness and woody taste. The stick smells like pure barnyard. It is pretty much the same throughout the whole cigar, but it is a nice combination of flavors. I almost forgot, you also get bursts of caramel in the cigar at a couple of spots which is very enjoyable. The cigar is also sweet and somewhere in there I can taste the Molases. (3.5/4)

Body: Wow, these things are a powerhouse. They might be the strongest cigars I have smoked. On the flavor profile, I would consider them medium to upper medium, but the kick of tobacco is out of this world. I would not recommend this for beginners, but rather experienced smokers. (2.5/3)

Construction & Burn: Very nice oily wrapper, also quite dark (almost black). Veins are visible, but do not ruin the nice looking wrapper at all. The stick is nicely packed and resistant to damage if dropped etc. The draw has been good for the most part. Only 1 of my cigars had a little tight draw, which lasted less than 10 minutes. The burn is also good. As some might have mentioned, it may burn out of place sometimes, but it clearly corrects itself. (2.5/3)

I try to keep everything as simple and noob friendly as possible. I just write how I felt about a particular stick in a few words. Another thing I would like to touch on is the price. For the price ($5), these are good stick, but I am sure somewhere, there is a better stick, there always is. However, I enjoyed this stick for what it really is. Different from most I have smoked.

Total Score = 8.5/10

I will be reviewing the Rocky Patel - Cameroon Especial Toro (6x52) soon. I will let you all know how that goes.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gurka Assassin Torpedo Review (6.50x53)

I figured I would post a box picture of the cigars in case some people wanted to see. I only have a camera on my phone and it is quite bad. So, to keep everyone's eyes intact, I won't be posting any of the real deal.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote