Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Slavac

Default RyJ Museum Edition (Fazzino) *Pics*

Has anyone ever lain eyes on one of these?

Amy came home with it and I was hoping to get a bit of information about it. Google doesn't tell me much.

Pretty huh?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
mariogolbee

Default Re: RyJ Museum Edition (Fazzino) *Pics*

They're SUPER expensive. I think there is supposed to be either a numbered print or original piece inside of the tubo. It's several thousand for the Humidor with cigars from what I remember. Check J.R. The last time I saw these pop up it was there. Lucky bastage. Let me know how it is when you smoke it.

Where did she get it?

Last edited by mariogolbee; 11-24-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

a box is for sale at my local b&m, comes in a glossy humi, $30 a pop.

http://www.fazzino.com/

nice humi too

Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
mariogolbee

It's not as crazy as I thought. Here's the link. Doesn't explain much though. I remember reading about them on EBay. I think the guy on the cap did some limited art, one inside each Humidor. I think.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig_locate
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
It's not as crazy as I thought. Here's the link. Doesn't explain much though. I remember reading about them on EBay. I think the guy on the cap did some limited art, one inside each Humidor. I think.

It's all the same artwork just numbered prints limited to 2000
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

My B&M had one of these. Tried selling em at $32 a single. One day a guy just came in and bought up all the sitcks and the humi... it was a good day for them!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

Bolivar

ROMEO Y JULIETA MUSEUM EDITION CIGARS
Handmade DR
Wrapper: CRIOLLO 98 Binder: CTBL Filler: NIC/DR
Medium Bodied
These 6 inch by 54 ring gauge beauties are handcrafted in the Dominican Republic at the Tabacalera de Garcia factory using a complex blend of Nicaraguan and Dominican long filler tobaccos, a smooth broadleaf binder and a rare San Andres Criollo 98 Rosado wrapper. Each cigar is encased in a frosted crystal tube that is lined with a picture and sealed with a gold cap. The value of the cigars alone is $1080.

The cigars are packed in a beautiful black, cedar-lined Romeo y Julieta Museum Edition humidor. The lid contains a removable limited-edition giclee print on 100 percent rag museum board and paper, created by famed 3-D artist Charles Fazzino. Each unique piece is signed and numbered by the artist. The print alone is worth $250.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on that humi
Old 11-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilon View Post
ROMEO Y JULIETA MUSEUM EDITION CIGARS
Handmade DR
Wrapper: CRIOLLO 98 Binder: CTBL Filler: NIC/DR
Medium Bodied
These 6 inch by 54 ring gauge beauties are handcrafted in the Dominican Republic at the Tabacalera de Garcia factory using a complex blend of Nicaraguan and Dominican long filler tobaccos, a smooth broadleaf binder and a rare San Andres Criollo 98 Rosado wrapper. Each cigar is encased in a frosted crystal tube that is lined with a picture and sealed with a gold cap. The value of the cigars alone is $1080.

The cigars are packed in a beautiful black, cedar-lined Romeo y Julieta Museum Edition humidor. The lid contains a removable limited-edition giclee print on 100 percent rag museum board and paper, created by famed 3-D artist Charles Fazzino. Each unique piece is signed and numbered by the artist. The print alone is worth $250.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on that humi
Really? In that case... who wants mine for $200?

I have one but it is somewhere in the bottom of the cooler. I haven't seen these around much.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Saw some on the weekend!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Really? In that case... who wants mine for $200?

I have one but it is somewhere in the bottom of the cooler. I haven't seen these around much.
You're funny Huy! I think the print in the Humi is the one that's worth $250 supposedly. I wouldn't mind that Humi either though. Looks nice.

Huy, where are you?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
Slavac

Hrm, neat!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
cherrybomb
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cherrybomb is on a distinguished road

I got one for 15 at my local B & M. I have yet to smoke it though
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Been wanting to get my hands on those for a long while but can't pull the trigger on them for the price
Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #14
Fumes
Not So Memorious

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Fumes is on a distinguished road

I stopped by my B&M and the Altadis rep happened to be there promoting these. I picked one up because the deal was one Museum Edition for 20 bucks and he'd throw in two other standard Altadis sticks -- an Upmann vintage cameroon and a Monte White, plus an RyJ coffee mug.

I wanted a look at the cigar, but I couldn't get the cap off. The rep "loosened" it for me and handed it back to me. It was still sticking, so I gave it a little more pressure and the tube crushed in my hand. No serious injuries, just a small scratch that I didn't notice until I bled on the cash counter. But incredibly he wanted me to buy that cigar. I got a new one, in a fresh tube, which I later opened very gingerly. Still haven't smoked it though. I hope it's worth it!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:50 AM   #15
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

My b&m has them and we just got the new Montecristo Museum Editions in. They are not as expensive as the RyJ's. The artwork on them has a Super Bowl theme.

For everyone that bought of the RyJ's, they got a raffle ticket for a chance to win the humidor.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:07 AM   #16
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I was at the JR by me when they got in this humi. They weren't selling them as singles at the time thinking someone would be the whole thing. The started selling them as singles and most of them got bought up. There are a few still left but no more humi
Old 11-25-2009, 05:07 AM   #17
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Been sitting on one of these for some 8 months now. I bought it for the decorative glass tube.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 AM   #18
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're funny Huy! I think the print in the Humi is the one that's worth $250 supposedly. I wouldn't mind that Humi either though. Looks nice.

Huy, where are you?
Laying in bed. I do not feel well. I ate too many hot dogs.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #19
chubby

I got one a couple months back. It has been sitting in the vino. I probably won't smoke it for a while though.