Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default The Lego Movie

I'll admit it! I'm a big kid at heart. I still love toys it's just my toys have changed from GI Joes to iPads and hi-tech gear. The only real difference? The price. Now for the most part we all had legos growing up. I still browse lego kits from time to time although I never buy them. I'm amazed at how much they've evolved from a child's toy to appealing to adults now. This is a fun movie and like many modern "kids" films there's something for the parents too. It references everything from the terminator to lord of the rings. It's a little hyper but for the most part you'll be amazed at how many jokes were geared towards grown up "kids" than to actual kids. Find an excuse to see this movie and you won't be disappointed. Take your children, niece, nephew, or kidnap a strange child! it doesn't matter because this is just pure fun. It has Batman in it and that says it all.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Lego Movie

my boys have been begging me to take them and I might just go ahead and do so this weekend.

As far as legos, loved them as a kid, hate them as adult since I stepped on a few of them They hurt like a b*tch. lol
Old 02-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Cool, thanks. My kids want to see this bad.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I want to see this
Old 02-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Bruceolee, to me its not just the jokes, but from what I have seen in the trailers, its the DELIVERY that is
geared in both directions. The subtlety seems aimed squarely at the modern adult, kids at heart all of em.
It would seem from the trailers that no one will go home scratching their head and reaching around in their
pockets for that lost 8 bucks. But I could be wrong. A trailer wouldn't LIE, would it?
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Just got home. 12yr old and his friend thought it was great, 15yr old thought it was ok, 4yr old laughed at everything, wife thought it was cute. I thought some parts were real funny. Seeing the old Legos was cool. But maybe I should not have seen on a week night, I feel asleep with 20min left. Wife did wake me for the end which was cool( in a nice way).
Old 02-14-2014, 04:16 AM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Took The Grandkids (6 & 4 Years Old) Wednesday To See It. Like You Said, Something For Everyone!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #8
mikesr1963
CAO FLATHEAD

First Name: Mister
Trading: (0)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
mikesr1963 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Took The Grandkids (6 & 4 Years Old) Wednesday To See It. Like You Said, Something For Everyone!
mikesr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #9
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough

Hoping to take my son on Sunday. I still love building legos with the kiddo. My only minor complaint is that many of the kits have such unique pieces, it's hard to use them for other builds (specifically the Star Wars ships).
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #10
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Ehh. Stooped to Yu-Gi-Oh levels of "Hey kids, let's get out our Legos and save the world" toy poking.
I thought there were parts that made it a decent movie, the message in the first 2/3 of being an individual
was good, the SONG is good and typical of a catchy song you do not want to be caught singing, like some
Beiber song that's catchy, if their is one. Ehh. But I am not the target audience, so that is to be expected.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #11
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

I can't get that (Everythingis Aaaawesome) song out of me head.