Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #161
Robulous78

Default Re: Walking Dead Season 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Another slow episode. Only two more weeks and other than the first episode, this season has been extremely SLOW.
My thought exactly Mac. They blew their wad early with Termius and now we are just coasting to a christmas break...
Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #162
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
It was a weird episode, but there was a lot going on and it was very interesting to me

I think when Darryl says "Come on out" I think that is a a flashback or a Quentin Tarantino type skip around, I think somehow Darryl & Carol hear the gunshots from Beth & "Chris Rock" they meet up with "Chris" and they set up a plan to have Carol get into the Hosp to save Beth, then all hell breaks loose.

Someone mentioned to me that the next episode will all be about the other group (Mullet, Glen, Maggie & the Commando guy) I tend to believe that. we shall see this Sunday, but I don't think we are going to get a conclusion to the "Beth situation" just yet......stay tuned true believers.

Well damn, I was WAY off......how about that Ambulance scene tho eh?

Old 11-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #163
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

(spoiler)
I think this season is excellent.

I thought that It was going to be a setup and Carol was going to be a plant into the hospital to work it from the inside out.
Getting hit by the car is great and she has to go in there. Does she revert back to the weak Carol that her ex-husband used to smack around or does she come out even stronger. What was with the book I thought she was putting that behind her.
This will be a great battle in the mid-season finale.

Can't wait.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #164
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
(spoiler)
I think this season is excellent.

I thought that It was going to be a setup and Carol was going to be a plant into the hospital to work it from the inside out.
Getting hit by the car is great and she has to go in there. Does she revert back to the weak Carol that her ex-husband used to smack around or does she come out even stronger. What was with the book I thought she was putting that behind her.
This will be a great battle in the mid-season finale.

Can't wait.
I don't think she is going back to her old self, I believe she is just fatigued, this rest in the hosp may be what she needs.

About the book, according to Talking Dead Darryl was taking the book, because of his past with Merle & his father, so not sure where that's going to take us.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #165
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

First Name: Victor
Trading: (1)
Victor808 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that scene confused me at first as well. I thought the book fell out of carol's backpack, but i guess it was supposed to be darryl's pack and it just fell out when she was handing it to him or something. I hope it's just Darryl coping with his past. Hopefully it doesn't turn him into some sort of sensitive sally... can't lose the most efficient zombie-killing machine around.

I also had a secret hope Carol was just bluffing when she got wheeled in, and she was going to get up and start killing people right and left. But I guess I was wrong. We have to wait for Rick to show up for the real violence to begin.
Victor808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #166
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
Does she revert back to the weak Carol that her ex-husband used to smack around or does she come out even stronger.
I have not watched 5 & 6 yet, I am waiting until my computer stops being tied up with another project.
Then I'll burn em to a disc and watch em. But I had to comment on this nevertheless. You can
toss away all the thoughts you might have that Carol will EVER go back to being a wallflower. If she takes
a smack of ANY KIND, it will be during the day previous to the night where she cuts the person's throat.
She is never going back to that.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #167
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

That was a.... juicy... episode.

A bit of a filler, setting everything up for next week's season break. But still had some fun action in it.

Definitely award winning "best use of a zombie in a fight" moves by Darryl.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #168
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

I thought Darryl was a goner, and then bam Mcgyver style lol

Ok, so where is Gabriel going? Remember the group found him outside.......if he is as scared as he seems wouldn't he just stay in the church??? Idk about that dude.....mayeb he'll meet up with Morgan.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #169
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

I think gabriel is more running away from the people he thinks are homicidal maniacs (rick's group... and in all fairness if you hadn't seen anyone for all that time and the first people you meet execute some other people right in front of you, you might be a little apprehensive too)..... I suspect he'll come around. Or they'll just kill him off. He was looking for food when they met him the first time.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #170
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Holy Crap!!!!! Poor Maggie.........What is up with Morgan? Is he sane yet?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #171
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Holy Crap!!!!! Poor Maggie.........What is up with Morgan? Is he sane yet?
I think he is. The whole time I thought he knew whom he was following, but until he saw the map I don't think he knew.

Can someone explain to my little mind what exactly did Beth mean when she said "I get it now" to the crazy officer lady.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #172
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
I think he is. The whole time I thought he knew whom he was following, but until he saw the map I don't think he knew.

Can someone explain to my little mind what exactly did Beth mean when she said "I get it now" to the crazy officer lady.
I've been trying to figure that out as well.

My best guess is that it somehow ties into her talk with Dawn about how Dawn always gets someone else to do her dirty work or something....

Either beth "gets it" by realizing she can get someone else to do the work of killing Dawn for her... or Beth "gets it" by realizing that Dawn isn't changing at all, that she's still willing to do cruel things to maintain the appearance of power.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #173
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see the whole Beth thing coming...wasted all season working up to save and her and then this?? All in all, was a decent episode though.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #174
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

The tension around Beth had been growing. Pretty episode. I had missed a week or two, but on Fox Asia, it's on regular Fox, not FX. The are played the episode last night. What night of the week is it in USA? Fox Asia says say day coverage, so that'd mean it airs in Asia first...
Old 12-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #175
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
The tension around Beth had been growing. Pretty episode. I had missed a week or two, but on Fox Asia, it's on regular Fox, not FX. The are played the episode last night. What night of the week is it in USA? Fox Asia says say day coverage, so that'd mean it airs in Asia first...
It shows on Sundays on AMC in the U.S.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #176
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It shows on Sundays on AMC in the U.S.
Ok, so it was first in USA but within 24 hours in Asia.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #177
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

I really wish this midseason had ended stronger. I kind of felt like they really didn't accomplish much after that butt-kicking start.

I mean.... the first 3 episodes were strong finishes to the terminus theme ... between carol's rambo moves in episode 1 to Rick's executioner style in episode 3 there was a lot of action and tension.

But then... we had to fiddle around with beth's situation in episode 4, Eugene's big lie in episode 5, Carol and Darryl's big adventure in episode 6 (ok, that one was really good anyway...) and then episode 7 to bring them to a common point so episode 8 could be executed.

With all the buildup to bring it together, I just was hoping for a bit more. Maybe the problem was they never really fleshed out the hospital group much. There weren't enough identifiable characters, no reason to hope for any particular outcome. I didn't wish dawn dead or alive...
Old 12-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #178
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor808 View Post
I really wish this midseason had ended stronger. I kind of felt like they really didn't accomplish much after that butt-kicking start.

I mean.... the first 3 episodes were strong finishes to the terminus theme ... between carol's rambo moves in episode 1 to Rick's executioner style in episode 3 there was a lot of action and tension.

But then... we had to fiddle around with beth's situation in episode 4, Eugene's big lie in episode 5, Carol and Darryl's big adventure in episode 6 (ok, that one was really good anyway...) and then episode 7 to bring them to a common point so episode 8 could be executed.

With all the buildup to bring it together, I just was hoping for a bit more. Maybe the problem was they never really fleshed out the hospital group much. There weren't enough identifiable characters, no reason to hope for any particular outcome. I didn't wish dawn dead or alive...
I kinda liked Dawn and thought she could have been swayed to be a better person with Rick's group.

According to Kirkman, some big changes are coming this next season (not sure if he meant the rest of this season or next), but he kind of hinted about Maggie and how she will deal with this, and there is supposedly another foe coming that is supposed to be worse than the governor....he also hinted that they will be out of the Atlanta region soon.

I personally thought it was a good season & I enjoyed the mid-season finale.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #179
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

It was good... I don't mean to be a negative nancy. It's still the best thing on tv. I just felt like it started the half-season way stronger than it ended.

If they're gonna follow the comic books then there is going to be a new baddie who is WAAAYYY worse than the gov. We'll see.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #180
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor808 View Post
It was good... I don't mean to be a negative nancy. It's still the best thing on tv. I just felt like it started the half-season way stronger than it ended.

If they're gonna follow the comic books then there is going to be a new baddie who is WAAAYYY worse than the gov. We'll see.
I need to re-read the comics, since they weren't following them as much I became uninterested