Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Avalon Cigars

My first experience with this brand was back in 2010 where a B&M I used to frequent were washing out a boatload of these. Up for grabs at the time was a box of Hellhound Black Cat bone, a fat cigar about 5 inches in length, maybe a 60+ ring gauge. I got them for about 2.50 a piece, smoked one and was not that impressed. I eventually filed the remaining sticks away and forgot about them. As I upgraded to 2 600 count Bellemont humidors, I ran across these darlings and thought, "what the hell, I'll give them another try." Holy cow, what a phenominal smoke. Full of medium to full flavor, cedary. I shared one with a vet friend of mine who used to frequent here and he agreed that these cigars were great enough we need to find some more.

Throughout my endeavors to locate some Black Cat Bones, I ran across some Juke Habano torpedoes and thought I'd try a box. These cigars were so damned good, a bunch of us got together of split bought 3 more boxes. I've since ordered another and have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. I am enjoying one now as I write this. Too bad they're out of business. The Hellhound BCB and the Juke habano are fantastic cigars. If anyone runs across these at a B&M, I highly recommend another look. If you do find some Hellhounds, shoot me a pm where they're at.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Avalon Cigars

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/flor-d...ke/habano/avjh
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Thanks, Tom! Just Ordered A Box!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
My first experience with this brand was back in 2010 where a B&M I used to frequent were washing out a boatload of these. Up for grabs at the time was a box of Hellhound Black Cat bone, a fat cigar about 5 inches in length, maybe a 60+ ring gauge. I got them for about 2.50 a piece, smoked one and was not that impressed. I eventually filed the remaining sticks away and forgot about them. As I upgraded to 2 600 count Bellemont humidors, I ran across these darlings and thought, "what the hell, I'll give them another try." Holy cow, what a phenominal smoke. Full of medium to full flavor, cedary. I shared one with a vet friend of mine who used to frequent here and he agreed that these cigars were great enough we need to find some more.

Throughout my endeavors to locate some Black Cat Bones, I ran across some Juke Habano torpedoes and thought I'd try a box. These cigars were so damned good, a bunch of us got together of split bought 3 more boxes. I've since ordered another and have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. I am enjoying one now as I write this. Too bad they're out of business. The Hellhound BCB and the Juke habano are fantastic cigars. If anyone runs across these at a B&M, I highly recommend another look. If you do find some Hellhounds, shoot me a pm where they're at.
Sounds Delicious! Thanks For The Info!
Old 06-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

they sound awesome
Old 06-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #6
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Thanks, Tom! Just Ordered A Box!
Please post what size JR sends you. Wish I could pick a specific size. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #7
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

You may could call them and ask for the size you want, but they say on the website they don't know what's in the box. That's horses!it. The box clearly says what size they are. But I'm sure they are all good. They're shipping is a lot to be desired. Those bastages will throw a box of cigars in a box twice the size, put no packing around it and send it out. JR does not have the hellhounds tho.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #8
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Uh, I have received literally hundreds of shipments from JRs, and only once did a free "bonus" 5-pack arrive damaged. One toll-free call to their service number got a replacement sent out the next day.

Folks seem to badmouth JRs a lot around here, yet with my extensive experience with them I truly do not understand why.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #9
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Uh, I have received literally hundreds of shipments from JRs, and only once did a free "bonus" 5-pack arrive damaged. One toll-free call to their service number got a replacement sent out the next day.

Folks seem to badmouth JRs a lot around here, yet with my extensive experience with them I truly do not understand why.
I've ordered 5 boxes of these Avalons in 3 different orders. All were packaged as I described and all had damaged cigars in the boxes. The torpedo ends were split but I had no issues with smoking them. I did complain but it was of no use. Whats a little newspaper? Why throw the boxes in a much larger box, put one paper wad in it and send it out?
Old 06-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I have never ordered Avalons, torpos or otherwise, but dozens of other marcas and vitolas over nearly twenty years, including some figurados with pointy little heads, and have only had the single problem I noted above. This makes me wonder if you are blaming JRs for what might be the fault of the maker and not the middleman shipping it to you.

Or maybe I just live a lot more right than I credit myself with.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
Please post what size JR sends you. Wish I could pick a specific size. Thanks.
Here You Go, Jeff! Got Them In, Today, In Great Shape!
Packing:

Cigars
Old 06-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #12
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Not Bad For $62, Including Shipping!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #13
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Partagas

Greg
let us know how they are....
Old 06-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #14
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsauer View Post
Greg
let us know how they are....
Will Do! I Plan To Rest Them 3 Weeks Or So.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:35 AM   #15
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Thanks for sharing, those look good.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #16
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Here You Go, Jeff! Got Them In, Today, In Great Shape!
Packing:

Cigars
Packing looks about right. Glad yours aren't damaged. I hope the cigars are as tasty as the ones I got are.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #17
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Partagas

anyone willing to sell me a 5 pack?
Old 07-05-2016, 03:50 AM   #18
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
anyone willing to sell me a 5 pack?
Incoming PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #19
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Partagas

nice..thanks Greg
I never do this buy I smoked one the same day they arrived...
it is an absolutely awesome smoke.....great burn...toothy wrapper.....incredible taste!
Old 07-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #20
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
nice..thanks Greg
I never do this buy I smoked one the same day they arrived...
it is an absolutely awesome smoke.....great burn...toothy wrapper.....incredible taste!
Agreed! Smoked One This Morning After Tom's Review. Great Smoke!