Old 07-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #261
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: MLB 2013 Thread

Rumor is Peralta is going to get 50 games today or tomorrow, so Iggy will be much needed this season.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #262
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks, Tom. It still tweaks me that they only came up with Braun's 65 games and didn't cast the rest of the suspensions at the same time. I think they wanted to single him out because of his last go-round and let the media feast on him a bit.
If A-rod is gonna get 100 games, it would have been nice for the Yankees if he could have started serving them already.
I guess all this PED stuff just upsets me. Not that they use it, cause I'm a firm believer that everyone uses something to get and edge, whatever it may be. It's the never-ending saga of stench that comes with it. I liked it way better when nobody cared.

Then you have this thing hanging over the trade deadline. It should have been resolved prior so teams could make necessary moves. Obviously the Tigers knew? I haven't seen a list of players or penalties expected, so I'm guessing there's teams that'll get stung and have no way to replace players, and that ain't right.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #263
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I am hoping that they ban AFraud for the next season but not a lifetime ban, that way the MFY (for you of those that don't know that's Mother F***ing Yankees) still have to pay him his contract

Braun had a big mouth when he knew he was guilty, he got off easy the first time and should have kept his mouth shut, but he went big and loud after they let him slide, that was his mistake, if you are wrong and you get a free pass it's best to shut your mouth.

I think the only time no one cared was before it was so rampant, but now if the younger kids want to make the bigs they have to compete or supplant the current major league players and the only way to do that is juice along with them.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #264
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I agree with you, Scott....they all have an edge, some get caught, some don't.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #265
ChicagoWhiteSox

good riddance to Peavy
Old 07-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #266
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

You may end up liking Garcia a lot, Nate.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #267
ChicagoWhiteSox

I hope so Tom. Not much going good for the Sox right now
Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #268
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.
I know it's being whispered but looks like we'll find out in the next two days, I still hope they give him a year so that they Yankees have to honor the rest of his contract

Looks like the other players are looking at 50 games.

Linky to Article
Old 07-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #269
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I am hoping that they ban AFraud for the next season but not a lifetime ban, that way the MFY (for you of those that don't know that's Mother F***ing Yankees) still have to pay him his contract

Braun had a big mouth when he knew he was guilty, he got off easy the first time and should have kept his mouth shut, but he went big and loud after they let him slide, that was his mistake, if you are wrong and you get a free pass it's best to shut your mouth.

I think the only time no one cared was before it was so rampant, but now if the younger kids want to make the bigs they have to compete or supplant the current major league players and the only way to do that is juice along with them.
Yes sir, Braun had some kinda balls. He skated on a technicality, was guilty, then rubbed everyone's nose in it. Even acted like he wasn't guilty. That's why he got 65 days instead of 50. He shoulda got a punch in his mouth, that's what he needed.
They're calling for somewhere between 50 and 100 games for Arod, closer to 100. Mainly because he was a cheerleader for Biogenysis and brought tons of guys to them. So he's getting an extra slap. It's his last trick before his lifetime ban, they can't give him life this time, it goes to the penalty the players bargained for with MLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I agree with you, Scott....they all have an edge, some get caught, some don't.
They always have and they always will. I don't have a problem with it, either. Never did. I do worry that some kids may pay the Lyle Alzado price, but things have come a long, long way.
While I think it'd be wonderful if nobody juiced or put themselves in harm's way, I always think of the old saying "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."
If there's a right and wrong of it, cheating is wrong, but it will never, ever end. So make the stuff safe and available, or do away with the system that creates the problem. But don't make it a spectacle when it's clearly something that's expected of all pro athletes.
I guess it's the never ending lie that upsets me, ya know?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #270
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Agreed again, Mr. shilala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I hope so Tom. Not much going good for the Sox right now
Even tonight. Go up 5-3 in the top of the 9th, now some bad baseball and the Tribe has the bases loaded with no outs. Sox can't buy a break.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #271
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
that way the MFY (for you of those that don't know that's Mother F***ing Yankees) still have to pay him his contract
As opposed to the CSB (for you of those that don't know that's C0ck Sucking Bosox)

Old 08-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #272
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Since my Mets aren't playing that great, its good to see the Pirates playing extremely well.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #273
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

29 runs in the past three games, I couldn't be prouder of my Bravos. As long as these young pitchers can hold it together we might have a chance this year
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #274
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.......
Old 08-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #275
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.......
Oh, did you just realize you were a Mets fan?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #276
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
Oh, did you just realize you were a Mets fan?
I rather enjoy being a Mets fan. It takes the guesswork out of making sure I'm available to watch baseball in October.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #277
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I rather enjoy being a Mets fan. It takes the guesswork out of making sure I'm available to watch baseball in October.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #278
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I wish MLB would just suspend the players not fighting it so the Tigers could make Iggy the new starting SS already. I hate this being in limbo crap. Plus they could even get Peralta back in the fall if they wanted to, IF the suspension starts now/soon.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #279
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Fun Fact: Clayton Kershaw’s great-uncle, Clyde Tombaugh, discovered Pluto, in 1930.
I heard that on the radio yesterday, but the guy said his uncle invented Pluto, so I thought he meant Pluto the Disney dog. I had to Google it.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #280
AdamJoshua

I'd be more impressed if he discovered a planet or something