Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #21
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thief...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
You have a name and address and evidence of the transaction. Sounds like you may need to proceed to Small Claims court.
If they live far apart, that would not make financial sense since you have to file a claim in their home area. That means flying there and going to court if you want to proceed. Even if you win a small claims decision, there's no way for the court to enforce the payment.

I think the best course of action is to find her phone number and place a call. If that doesn't work send the certified letter and contact local authorities.
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
Cigary

It's important to note that debit cards are not the same as a Credit Card as far as protection for you when you buy goods and services. I learned the hard way with a debit card purchase and the person I bought goods from did not warranty the item that broke. I tried contacting my bank and they said since it was a debit card they could not guarantee the funds. I now use a CC for every purchase ( Capital One ) and have had to dispute a couple of purchases and they put my funds back within 24 hours. I never worry about a purchase anymore.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #23
zitro_joe
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (16)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
zitro_joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
It's important to note that debit cards are not the same as a Credit Card as far as protection for you when you buy goods and services. I learned the hard way with a debit card purchase and the person I bought goods from did not warranty the item that broke. I tried contacting my bank and they said since it was a debit card they could not guarantee the funds. I now use a CC for every purchase ( Capital One ) and have had to dispute a couple of purchases and they put my funds back within 24 hours. I never worry about a purchase anymore.
This is foing to be my next route. Just seems the ability to dispute is apealing. Never had a credit card, now to figure out which one would be the best.

Okay...

I have decided to contact her local authorities and send a certified letter. When I call the law, what type of verbage do I use? What do I say? Do I file a report?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe
zitro_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitro_joe View Post

I have decided to contact her local authorities and send a certified letter. When I call the law, what type of verbage do I use? What do I say? Do I file a report?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe
The law enforcement people will walk you through it (they do it every day).

I would not send any letter before talking it over with the authorities, you might compromise any potential police action by doing so.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote