Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about
Default Sauza Tres Generaciones Cigars Tradicion by Drew Estate

Does anyone know if they are still making these? I can't seem to find any information on them besides a listing on cheapercigarsdotcom with no indication whether they are in stock out of stock etc. I'd like to get my hands on some if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Now if I can just get JD to work some Jägermeister into the product...

Thanks!
the jiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sauza Tres Generaciones Cigars Tradicion by Drew Estate

They were discontinued many years ago.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
They were discontinued many years ago.
I guess that's what I get for showing up so late to the party. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

No problem bro. I don't think there was ever a replacement or substitute cigar either, at least not from Drew Estate.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

We have about 5 of these left at work. If you'd like I can pick em up for you tonight or tomorrow night and get em out your way. When we got our Xmas shipment in we got ANCIENT stuff in. Old label Olivas, La Aurora Preferidos with release dates of 05 and 03, VSGs from before they started putting cello on the sticks, and not to mention 2 boxes of these and a box of Kahluas as well.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Actually, now that I think about it, we may have a bunch at our Durham store too. I can call over and see, if you'd like to get your hands on as many as possible.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have a couple of the sampler/tubo packs that I've been hanging onto forever. I looked for a pic but I couldn't find one. I'll go take a couple pics cause they're infinately cool. Whether they're smokable or not, I have no clue. Never tried one.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the Box. It says "Tres Generacionales" on the end. I'm pretty sure that's Spanish for "Sticky Wicket". No idea what that means, though.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Are those tubos milled out of wood???
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

No, the casket has a wooden plug in the end, which I guess makes it not a casket at all. The wood look is the cedar on the cigars inside the tubos.
I just had the cigar in the not a coffin out and it smells awesome. Not at all like lighter fluid. Oddly, I didn't notice if it was also cedar wrapped. It's a torpedo. The other ones are like a churchill and double churchill or something.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

That's a beautiful presentation, Scott. I'm sure I wouldn't like the cigars, but that set is top-notch.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

They're actually not bad. Smoked one back in December. Was a nice change of pace. They're not sweet like most the infused DE sticks are, they just have a very light tequila taste the whole way through. Barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. Theres almost more of a lime taste the whole way through. Hard to describe. They smell nice while lit though, so thats always a plus.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
They're actually not bad. Smoked one back in December. Was a nice change of pace. They're not sweet like most the infused DE sticks are, they just have a very light tequila taste the whole way through. Barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. They smell nice while lit though, so thats always a plus.
That's cool; I don't mind a well-made infused cigar, as long as it doesn't have a distracting odor (lookin' at you, Kuba Kuba!).

I really like the Tabak Especiale Negras, and the Acid Roam is an interesting smoke once in a blue moon.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguamor View Post
That's a beautiful presentation, Scott. I'm sure I wouldn't like the cigars, but that set is top-notch.
They're super pretty. That's why I keep hanging onto them. I have an affinity for a nice presentation and these are certainly that. I knew I would never smoke them if I only had one, so I got two.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
We have about 5 of these left at work. If you'd like I can pick em up for you tonight or tomorrow night and get em out your way. When we got our Xmas shipment in we got ANCIENT stuff in. Old label Olivas, La Aurora Preferidos with release dates of 05 and 03, VSGs from before they started putting cello on the sticks, and not to mention 2 boxes of these and a box of Kahluas as well.
I'd love to get my hands on five. Please let me know how much and the best way to get you the funds and I will take them off your hands.

I'm so glad I found this board. You guys are the best.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I have a couple of the sampler/tubo packs that I've been hanging onto forever. I looked for a pic but I couldn't find one. I'll go take a couple pics cause they're infinately cool. Whether they're smokable or not, I have no clue. Never tried one.
Please let me know if you are interested in getting rid of one. I'd like to get one just for posterity's sake. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

PM sent
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

DaBear is Dabomb
Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

I have a 2 of them I have had for a while, almost smoked one the other night..

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Digs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #20
austin3trio

Those sound yummy. But my husband would stick me back in the creepy box if bought any.