Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #1021
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
The Mets should sign Vlad. He would fit in well with the DL Mets.
Don't start Ryan!!! And don't say that out loud...Mets are looking for a corner outfielder with power (just don't need another AGING veteran past his prime).
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #1022
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

He would be a lot cheaper then Bay.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #1023
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

And probably a lot less productive.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #1024
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

One thing Bay will have to learn at CitiField is not to go for the HR but try for the double in the gap. I don't think you will see someone from the Mets lead the league in HRs.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #1025
RichardW
Committed

Trading: (10)
Partagas
RichardW is on a distinguished road

The Mariners are getting Cliff Lee

Oh, you must mean the other Cliff Lee!!

Felix and then Cliff ... I can hardly wait
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #1026
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

And Chone at 3B.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #1027
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
The Mariners are getting Cliff Lee

Oh, you must mean the other Cliff Lee!!

Felix and then Cliff ... I can hardly wait
But still stuck with the "old" Griffey.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #1028
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
But still stuck with the "old" Griffey.
I don't think it will matter so much. The Mariners already had the lowest era among starters in the AL, Lee just made them even better. Given how much the Angels lost, I actually think the Mariners have a real good shot of winning their division. They just need to get one more bat, which I think they will do before spring training starts.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #1029
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
I don't think it will matter so much. The Mariners already had the lowest era among starters in the AL, Lee just made them even better. Given how much the Angels lost, I actually think the Mariners have a real good shot of winning their division. They just need to get one more bat, which I think they will do before spring training starts.
Now it's Griffey and Bradley.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #1030
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Now it's Griffey and Bradley.
Now I might have to reconsider. Milton Bradley is team cancer
Old 12-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #1031
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Rangers dela to get Lowell from the Red Sox is now off due to a thumb injury Lowell has. He is scheduled to have surgery next week.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #1032
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
The Rangers dela to get Lowell from the Red Sox is now off due to a thumb injury Lowell has. He is scheduled to have surgery next week.
That'll kill a deal real quick.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #1033
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

So who is going to sign Johnny Damon? He would not budge from $13M a year for the Yankees.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #1034
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
So who is going to sign Johnny Damon? He would not budge from $13M a year for the Yankees.
Please not my Mets.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #1035
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Please not my Mets.
I think you are safe. I see him staying in the AL.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #1036
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Jason Bay is a New York Met. 4 years $66M.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #1037
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Jason Bay is a New York Met. 4 years $66M.
He would not take that from the Sox, they offered him that back in spring training.
Last week his agent came begging the Sox to sign him, looks like they told him to take a hike? We spent all our free agent money on Lackey.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #1038
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

The BoSox had decent pitching last season, but could not hit enough. Now they are trying to improve their pitching, yet have even less at the plate. Really, how many 2-1 games can you win anyway? Am I wrong here?
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #1039
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

We need a power hitting left fielder...not complaining!!! Although, we drafted him and let him go to the Pirates for nothing.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #1040
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

He may not pass the physical, Bay has knee and shoulder issues ?