Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
bigdaddy003587
Just in from the Storm

First Name: bruce
Trading: (0)
bigdaddy003587 is on a distinguished road
Default Flavours CAO

ok, i picked up some cigars from CAO and they are flavored. i thought what the hey something to try. they have different ones from

moontrance
gold honey
caramelo joe
bella vanilla
cherry bomb
and a few others.

for some reason they draw hard to me. (if that makes sense) like i didn't cut it right or just hard to smoke.i haven't tried them all yet but its kind of disappointing on the draw of it from what i had. you can taste the flavour but its not a easy flowing cigar. now everyone has to remember i'm new to cigars and i come from cigarettes.

i guess my review is i'm not impressed

let me know what you think
bigdaddy003587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Flavours CAO

I think I'll move this from " New Inmate Processing Area " to " All Cigar Discussion ".

Beyond that, I am no help....don't dig flavored cigars.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
bigdaddy003587
Just in from the Storm

First Name: bruce
bigdaddy003587 is on a distinguished road

thanks for moving
bigdaddy003587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

My pleasure, Bruce, should get more responses here.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
CamoFlogged
...may I have another?

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
CamoFlogged will become famous soon enoughCamoFlogged will become famous soon enough

Well, if I was going to do a flavored, not sure a CAO would be my first choice. I think their MX2 and Blacks are ok but think their flavored sticks are poo.

It may not sit well, but if you are looking for a flavored then maybe something in the Acid line would do? Used to actually like the Opulence 3's for a while until I woke up one day and suddenly my taste buds decided a new route was in order. Thought they were the bomb and some of my friends still love them.

As for draw issues. They may need to rest a bit in your humi to calm down and open up. Your dealer may keep them a bit wet or something and the sticks need to stabilize to the correct humidity and will make you happy. You can always stab them with a poker if this is a problem.

But in any case, smoke what you like and enjoy.

Last edited by CamoFlogged; 12-12-2013 at 12:34 AM.
CamoFlogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy003587 View Post
i guess my review is i'm not impressed

let me know what you think
First and Foremost, Welcome to the Asylum...

Second, I would say that most all the flavored cigars I have had have not been "impressive" smokes. That being said, We all have different tastes when it comes to cigars. As for your draw problems, let me echo Jeff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoFlogged View Post
...As for draw issues. They may need to rest a bit in your humi to calm down and open up...
I would wager that this is the issue, seeing as you are new-ish to the world of 'gars I'll echo everyone in saying proper humidity is key...
Old 12-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoFlogged View Post
Well, if I was going to do a flavored, not sure a CAO would be my first choice. I think their MX2 and Blacks are ok but think their flavored sticks are poo.

It may not sit well, but if you are looking for a flavored then maybe something in the Acid line would do? Used to actually like the Opulence 3's for a while until I woke up one day and suddenly my taste buds decided a new route was in order. Thought they were the bomb and some of my friends still love them.

As for draw issues. They may need to rest a bit in your humi to calm down and open up. Your dealer may keep them a bit wet or something and the sticks need to stabilize to the correct humidity and will make you happy. You can always stab them with a poker if this is a problem.

But in any case, smoke what you like and enjoy.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough

Try dry boxing what you know you're going to smoke a couple days ahead of time.
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

I've tried a few of the CAO Flavours. my BIL gave out some at his 30th birthday party, and found that I really didn't care for them all that much. If you really want an excellent flavored masterpiece, give the Swisher Grapes a try.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Welcome aboard. You'll find that many here don't care for flavored cigars. That being said, smoke what you like and like what you smoke! I buy those CAOs and the Acids for the troops, as they seem to love that type of cigar. It seems that many younger, newbie smokers start with the flavoreds, then move on to the "pure tobacco" cigars as they get more and more into the hobby.

You should come and herf with us in Cinci one of these days! Used to go to the Indy Airshow in Greenfield every year- sad that it has closed its doors for good!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

I often use an analogy when describing flavored smokes to people not in the know. To me, flavored cigars are like flavored coffee creamer. It's designed for people who don't like the original flavor of the coffee…or brew bad coffee and are trying to make it palatable. I don't think they're using über great leaves for flavored smokes. The ones I've had tasted like flavored creamer in bad coffee. And I just couldn't get past the poor tobacco.

YMMV

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
Smokin0808
Just in from the Storm

Smokin0808 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockspur View Post
I often use an analogy when describing flavored smokes to people not in the know. To me, flavored cigars are like flavored coffee creamer. It's designed for people who don't like the original flavor of the coffee…or brew bad coffee and are trying to make it palatable. I don't think they're using über great leaves for flavored smokes. The ones I've had tasted like flavored creamer in bad coffee. And I just couldn't get past the poor tobacco.

YMMV
That's a pretty good way to describe it. I'm a new smoker, and have tried my fair share of CAO Flavours and Acids. If you like them, great. But, once you find a premium cigar you like, you'll rarely, if ever, go back to flavored sticks. For me, it was a RyJ Habana Reserve....AMAZING.
Smokin0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin0808 View Post
That's a pretty good way to describe it. I'm a new smoker, and have tried my fair share of CAO Flavours and Acids. If you like them, great. But, once you find a premium cigar you like, you'll rarely, if ever, go back to flavored sticks. For me, it was a RyJ Habana Reserve....AMAZING.
If you like the Habano reserve, try the San Lotano Habano. Mmmmm.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough

I have only tried one CAO Flavours and didn't enjoy the flavor at all... but I didn't notice any issues with the draw. You may have just gotten a bad one, or it may be over humidified.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote