Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough
Default Clay Vs. Silicone Beads

Is there a difference in the beads that Shilala sells and the type that Heartfelt sells? I have a pound of both but Shilala's says they are made of clay and Heartfelt says they are made of silicone. Is this just the wording they use or something else?
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Vs. Silicone Beads

My HCM beads are made of clay and Viper's beads are made of silica gel, not silicone.
I also have untreated grade one silica gel beads and I use them in special applications where they work better. The small size of the HCM beads kind of limits thier use in some situations.
The untreated silica gel beads work fabulously, and would be an excellent choice, but the HCM beads work far better. It just doesn't make sense to offer two things so I stopped offering the HCS beads. Don't know if I'll get more in the future or not.
The HCS beads like the HCM beads can be set at any RH%age and changed at any time. Makes them nice to use.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Clay Vs. Silicone Beads

Great thanks!
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote