Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Tom Brady

EOM
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tom Brady

I think a couple of equipment guys will be looking for new jobs "**** Tom"
Old 05-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Maybe they can sell some of the valuable merch they received
Old 05-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Those texts certainly are deflating.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #5
AdamJoshua

bahzinga!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (13)
ksknnr is on a distinguished road

Still one of the best of all time, 4 rings!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #7
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I admittedly have not read the texts, just heard them read on sports radio, but is there a chance they were having locker room talk? Not really uncommon to say those things, not actually thinking it to be true. Things like "f him, he'll be throwing rugby balls if he doesn't hook me up with shoes" sounds like could be banter to me.

If not, those guys won't be at work tomorrow.

So is cheating by illegally having your balls under inflated, just like cheating by taking stuff that deflates your balls?
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I admittedly have not read the texts, just heard them read on sports radio, but is there a chance they were having locker room talk? Not really uncommon to say those things, not actually thinking it to be true. Things like "f him, he'll be throwing rugby balls if he doesn't hook me up with shoes" sounds like could be banter to me.

If not, those guys won't be at work tomorrow.

So is cheating by illegally having your balls under inflated, just like cheating by taking stuff that deflates your balls?
It doesn't look good..

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...deflated-balls

I do like this one...

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a f----- balloon

Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #9
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Reading those few texts, seems like banter, not malicious.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #10
AdamJoshua

I think it just depends your point of view, I think the damning part is the number of texts and calls between him and Brady right after it all went public, you can say that's natural maybe Brady was asking him what the hell happened and if he knew anything, then again if that was the case you'd think Brady would just turn over the phone / texts. Either way my team still sucks and this isn't going to change that.

Now if you want to talk, 'tuck rule'.

Go Raiders!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #11
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

No, I 100% believe that Brady ask for the balls to be illegally deflated and the EM did that. I just think the EM saying "F Tom" and "Tom Sucks" was banter, not malicious, but locker room talk, banter stuff.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
AdamJoshua

Oh I took those for two guys saying "**** him.." like anyone does to their boss or whatever, talking ****, one step above banter, but the texts about getting the gear and stuff are kind.. that

SCORE CAPPSSSS!!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #13
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

I just read the findings from the NFL. The report used the words "probably" and "generally". Evil times indeed when someone can be convicted, in a sense, based on what sounds like...nothing. It's disappointing that rules and procedures are applied in ways unique to the Patriots.

I've met Mr. Kraft. He is one of the most decent, honest, generous people walking the face of the Earth. He does more for charity than anyone knows. He funds medical research labs, among many other things. He shovels ridiculous amounts of money into it. There are a million other things he does that no one sees. You can believe every word he says.

Patriots CEO Robert Kraft released a statement on Wednesday. You can read it in its entirety below:

When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 -- over 14 weeks ago -- I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

I was convinced that Ted Wells' investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don't know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts' four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence. Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league
Old 05-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
I just read the findings from the NFL. The report used the words "probably" and "generally". Evil times indeed when someone can be convicted, in a sense, based on what sounds like...nothing. It's disappointing that rules and procedures are applied in ways unique to the Patriots.

[/i]
Didn't I hear this before? No, wait . . . that was A-Rod's lawyer. Never mind.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
There's an article out there where they point out that those are the terms the NFL uses when they are sure there were infractions, for whatever reason, legal maybe, that's just how they do it.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:43 AM   #16
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
There's an article out there where they point out that those are the terms the NFL uses when they are sure there were infractions, for whatever reason, legal maybe, that's just how they do it.
How convenient that they've re-codified ambiguity into certainty; if they think it's true, then it must be, science to the contrary. They don't even have to utter the damning words. Further, if they have to parse words to avoid legal issues, then I contend that they know they're being unjust. That's as slimy as it gets.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #17
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

This report is going to be viewed based on the color of your laundry. If you wear Patriot gear, you're going to have a huge problem with it. For fans of the 31 other teams, this is more proof that the organization is comprised serial cheaters and all Super Bowl victories should come with an asterisk attached.

As a Bills fan in Pats land, it's fun to watch the talking heads of Boston sports trip all over themselves rump swabbing Belichik and Brady.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:46 AM   #18
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Let's see if the NFL will pressure test ALL footballs in the future; before, during and after the games. I suspect the other owners wouldn't like it so I don't think we'll be seeing any of that.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:08 AM   #19
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Darren,
You sound like the defenders of Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds. It's obvious they deflated the balls at the direction on Brady. Doesn't matter if Kraft knew, doesn't matter if Bielchik knew.... I really couldn't care less that they did it, didn't care about the filming, didn't care about Barry Bonds or Lance either. But trying to say any of them didn't cheat due to wording in a report or the charity of their sponsors/owners is a bit amusing.

Seems easiest stance of Pats fans here is, "Great, don't care. I'm happy we won another Super Bowl." Defending this or acting like it isn't or may not be true is just amusing for those who have no horse in the race.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:18 AM   #20
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
I think a couple of equipment guys will be looking for new jobs "**** Tom"
They aren't going to need to work. They're about to become quite rich. Question is who's going to write the paycheck? TB/BB? Or TMZ/ESPN?