Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wonderful Snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvilchez View Post
Just looked out the window here in So Cal and not a snowflake in sight. Matter of fact it read 80 degrees at one point
What did the snowman say to the Toro?

"Blow me".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

...Just been fighting a clear and sunny 70+ degree weather today Scott. One of the hazards living out this way you know?

Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly enough, despite snowing all day yesterday, the snow pile went down 2 inches. There were only 8 inches out there last night, I figured there'd be at least 12 or so.
The ground was nice and warm, so I'm guessing it was melting underneath and settling.
So far so good today. I'm sure I have to shovel us out again, I'm hoping that'll do for awhile.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

While the cold does annoy me occasionally, I was able to snap this pic on New Years day.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #25
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Gotta love lake effect snow...

I know where Scotts at they get tons of it each year. In my business, snow is bad but I personally love it!

Have fun up there Scott! Did it stop yet? I know Erie, PA got like 2ft!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #26
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it stopped snowing, Ken. The weather report looks like it's going to melt slow and steady.
I checked the 10 day report. It'll be 31 degrees here and 81 in Belize when we get off the plane in 10 days. That'll cure the problem.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

doh..... dead batteries do not make it conducive to finishing your edit with a photo.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

No snow here yet...hasn't gotten out of the 40s here for the last couple of days.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Wish we were getting some.... Could used a good 18" storm in the Valley....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #30
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Not here, greatest snow on earth hasn't shown up yet, record breaking snowfall last year and the driest December on record this year, skiers and boarders are pissed and I am sure the tourism board are wringing their hands but I LOVE IT!!!!

Don't ski anymore so i don't care about snow and hope we don't get any!!! All my fishing rivers were blown out all last summer due to the amount of snowpack, like 800 % above normal, so hopefully this year I will be fishing early and often
It's a La Nina year which means the West Coast usually has a clear Nov and Dec then starts getting hammered with snow in Jan with above average amounts for the rest of the winter. I know the BC mountains are projecting a more this year than last and the last 2 years have been record breaking in their own rights. Been a constant nightly rain storm in the PNW for the last couple weeks due to the Pineapple Express.

Hoping a good dump or two makes it down into the city this winter. Audi + snow tires = fun
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #31
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Wonderful snow...now there's an oxymoron for you. Like beautiful toothache.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Wonderful snow...now there's an oxymoron for you. Like beautiful toothache.
I knew I liked you, Ron.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote