Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Las Cabrillas Cortez Maduro

This cigar was gifted to me by my wife!!!

As advertised:

Las Cabrillas cigars are handmade in Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras and consist of premium Mexican filler and binder tobaccos encased in either a natural USA Connecticut or Mexican maduro wrapper. Having debuted in 1993, each vitola's name is a salute to a famous "New World" explorer, including Columbus, Cortez, Magellan, and Ponce de Leon, among others. Those explorers' enterprising spirits are captured in a medium-bodied smoke that's complex, yet refined. Discover Las Cabrillas for yourself.

Manufacturer: Las Cabrillas
Filler: Mexico
Wrapper: Maduro
Binder: Mexico
Vitola: 4 3/4 " x 50

I have to be honest, I've had one of these before and I was not very impressed but my wife bought me this a few weeks ago and I thought I would give it a whirl. Glad I did!!!

The pre draw was smooth. Upon toasting I got a great toasted marshmallow flavor. The toasted marshmallow lasted through the first third of the cigar with just a hint of freshly mowed grass.

I paired this with some coffee Kriss (NickyTeen) had sent me in a very special cup that was also a gift from him!!!

I was impressed by this economical cigar (didn't want to say "cheap cigar")!!! The flavor was great and it changed up about a third of the way though with some hints of coffee and toast. The grassy taste eventually dissipated. Very nice!!!

The finish on this cigar was fantastic with more of the toasted marshmallow taste coming through!!! I did not want to put this cigar down!!! Anyone reading my reviews knows I take a lot of pictures but I forgot to snap pictures because I really got into this cigar and the great coffee Kriss sent me!!!

Total smoke time took 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 7 out of 10
Flavor Balance: 8 out of 10
Strength: Mild to Medium
Over all experience: 8 out of 10
Value: This was gifted but I would expect to pay around $5.00 per stick

Would I smoke it again? Yes!!!

Thanks Kriss for the coffee and great cup!!!

Thanks Heather for the fantastic cigar!!!

Smoke what you like!!!

Last edited by Skywalker; 03-29-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote