Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Am I the only one that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
I don't know if you want this type of response in your post but, I've got six and a half different boxes of Tatuajes and somewhere near 50 singles of different make and models of these beauties.

Chris.....
Do You Like Tats, Bro?
I love Them, But Only Have 10 In My Humi, Now.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
darkninja67

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Do You Like Tats, Bro?
boxes??
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #23
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Do You Like Tats, Bro?
I do love'em! I've been buying Tatuajes like hot cakes since the release of the T-110s this past summer. It seems like Pete is releasing a new, highly sought after cigar every other month.

Chris.....
Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #24
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
boxes??
No, I'm Still Buying Singles & 5'ers To Determine My Favorite.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #25
Vegan702

It appears you are not the only one and there are probably many more like you. I personally have many boxes and singles of Tatuaje, as it is my favorite stick. I have a hard time figuring out which stick I want to burn today.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #26
darkninja67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan702 View Post
It appears you are not the only one and there are probably many more like you. I personally have many boxes and singles of Tatuaje, as it is my favorite stick. I have a hard time figuring out which stick I want to burn today.
I guess so. I like Tatuajes and Cabaiguans. Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me for not gushing over them like everyone else.

I definitely want to try some of the Cojonu stuff though. They intrigue me a bit.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #27
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Not sure if I am a "fanboy", but I purchased a box of both Red and Black tubos just because.... So I have at least 20 Tat sticks in my humi.... Should take delivery of a T110 5er shortly....

Only tat I even remember smoking have been a few Noella's....think 2....

Have seriously considered purchasing a box of Reserva J 21's.....

As with all my cigar purchases, I figure that if they don't "do it for me".....someone will enjoy them.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if I have any at all. I just have never found one of Pete's sticks I like.
I keep trying, though.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #29
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

I'll buy a single or to from time to time when I go into the B&M, because I do like Pete and DPGs products, but the prices a box of tats go for and the difficulty in finding the vitola you want is such that it's actually easier and cheaper to buy a box of CCs that I'll end up liking better anyway, so that tends to be the direction my box purchases go. For the same reasons, you'll never find me smoking any Opus or Anejos. It's ironic that Habanos LEs are REs are easier to track down than limited NCs!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

My best man gave me a box of the brown label regios at my bachelor party. I've still got a few of those laying around. I'll probably get another when they're gone. I really like them.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
silentjon

Some of my favorite sticks. I have 6 full boxes and 100 or so of singles scattered throughout my humidors.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #32
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Each time we go to a B&M to smoke, I buy some cigars to pay my "keep"...so I have a few Tatuajes in the humi.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #33
adampc22

i have the one in there
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #34
Noomis

Next to Padróns, Illusiones, and Fuentes, Tatuajes are some of my favorite NCs. I've got fivers and singles of Pete's stuff 'cause I think he puts out a tasty cigar, though I would not consider myself by any means to some kind of "gushing fanboy." IMO, two of his special releases are probably the best sticks he's released, and two of my favorite cigars as well: the SW Maduro and the Black Label Corona Gorda. The latter, however, is the only limited edition of Pete's that I would aggressively seek out––love those things.

Having said that, I would beg to differ with the OP's assertion that he's in the minority on the net and in the "general cigar world" because he has no Tats. I think Pete's sticks are still considered to be "boutique"––that, as such, makes them a minority in the cigar world in general. There are far more popular smokes out there, both to American and non-American smokers alike. Sure, Tatuajes have gotten their fair share of press from publications like CA, but I think the level of Tatuaje's popularity can be a bit misleading if we only gauge it through forums such as this....
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #35
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road

Saddyly I've yet to try any. My local B@M's have very poor choices, and when I'm hunting down smokes online I usually opt for two or three boxes of something else for the same price.

If I run into them I'll be sure to give them a shot.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #36
klipsch

I personally only like the Reserva's and LR's. I can't say that I'm even mildly interested in the regular brown label line. I thought that the Noella's were good for the money, until I ordered a box and the retailer sent me Noella Reserva's instead. Since then...I never looked back. Actually...I'll take the Noella Reserva over just about any other stick I've smoked, except the higher end of the scale Padron's.

Come to think of it...I can't remember the last time I bought a Fuente either.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #37
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
I was gifted one. Way too expensive for me otherwise. So I guess the answer to your question is yes lol
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #38
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Not only do I not have one, I've never smoked one. I always look at them, then choke on the price at my local B&M.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #39
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

I kinda got mad after the whole monster thing...it just made me think a bit more about the purchases since they are more expensive. Pete makes some fantastic cigars..it's just at the price point I can have 2-3 fantastic CC's for every 1 Pete stick. I still like them and buy them...though not as much.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #40
druturn

You are not alone! Never had one and don't have any in the humi!