Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
h20wakebum

Default Are my gel beads ruined if I used tap water once?

Title says it all.

I had purchased a gel bead humidifier and the first night used tap water woops!!

After that, I was in the shop and the guy refilled it using a propyl solution (I've also read NOT to use that and ONLY distilled water).

Is it ruined? Should I buy another... or just use the distilled water OR propyl solution and I'll be fine?

Thanks,
RR
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are my gel beads ruined if I used tap water once?

They'll be fine. Use distilled water from now on and read directions. It's a big help.
The PG solution is a mold inhibitor. It'll fix what you screwed up.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
h20wakebum

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
They'll be fine. Use distilled water from now on and read directions. It's a big help.
The PG solution is a mold inhibitor. It'll fix what you screwed up.
Thanks!

So I should NOt use the PG solution when i notice my beads getting that milky white color, just use distilled? Would it be bad to use the PG instead of distilled?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Use distilled water from now on and read the directions, brother. They're doubly screwed up already, I guess it doesn't matter what you do. Continuing to ignore simple directions can't possibly gain better results, right?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

They come pre filled with a propyl solution. All you do is add distilled water. Tap water is fine once or twice, but if you use it a lot, your gel will turn a weird nasty green color. It really looks gross lol. Not sure why the shop owner would refill it with a propyl solution, that makes no sense and isn't the correct way to fill them. But either way, probably not ruined, yet.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
h20wakebum

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Use distilled water from now on and read the directions, brother. They're doubly screwed up already, I guess it doesn't matter what you do. Continuing to ignore simple directions can't possibly gain better results, right?
Thanks again!