Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 AM   #541
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, thank godness for coffee. It was a great night at Citi Field watchin' the Mets beat up on the Phillies 8 - 0. The weather was perfect and our seats were 5 rows from the field on the left field side. The Yankees game was stopped in the 6th due to rain and they have a 0 - 0 game going there. They will re-start that game this afternoon at 1705(5:05pm) and then start the regulary scheduled game 30 minutes after that or 1910(7:10pm) which ever comes later. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys........
Old 05-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #542
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for an hour now. Well, it was good to see that the Yankees took two in a row from the Twins, let's hope that they can keep this up. These two teams meet up for one more game this evening at 2010(8:10pm), I'd be very happy to see the Bombers sweep the Twins before coming home for a 4 game series with the Indians startin' tomorrow evening. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and is getting ready for the Memeorial Day weekend......
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 AM   #543
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well the Yankees didn't fair so well last night as the lost to the Twins, 8 - 2. On the other hand, the Mets swept the Phillies and this time all three games were shoot outs, amazing. There are a lot of sports this weekend, i.e., NHL Stanley Cup finals, NBA playoff finals, MLB, NASCAR and more. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and be safe in what ever you do........

T.G.I.F.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #544
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good day everyone and I hope that you all have a relaxing and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. It's good to see that the Yankees take the game from the Indians last night and have 3 more games against them. NASCAR is in Charlotte today as well as tomorrow with the Coca Cola 600. I ask that you keep our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines in your thoughts and try to partake in a local Memorial Day ceremony if at all possible......
Old 05-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #545
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Cool Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I wanted to pass this on to all, I found out this morning that our dear friend Steve from CAO (we know him as toje) passed away last night losing a tough battle with cancer. He will be missed very much but definitely not forgotten. I'll remeber all the good times we had together and I'll keep his entire family in my prayers. I didn't want to put a damper on your weekend, simply to let you know we lost a super BOTL and great friend......
Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #546
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees were triumphant over the Indians again yesterday with a score of 7 - 3. The 2 teams play one more time today at 1305(1:05pm) with Andy Pettitte throwing the 1st pitch for the Bombers. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day and takes the time to thank a soldier, sailor, airmen or marine for keeping America free.......
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #547
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Bombers beat up on the Indians yesterday 11 - 2 with A-Rod hitting his 20th Grand Slam of his career. The Yankees will take on the Orioles this evening as they come into town and the 1st pitch will go off at 1905(7:05pm). I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys......
Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #548
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Cool Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while. It was good to see the Yankees win the 1st of three games from the Orioles last night 3 - 1. They'll be back at it tonight startin' at 1905(7:05pm) again with Phil Hughes throwing the first pitch for the Bombers this time. Well today will be a solem day as we lay our dear friend Steve (toje) to eternal rest. I am heading over to the funeral this morning to pay my respects to the family and to say good by for now to my friend. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys......
Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #549
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is still on as always. Well, the Yankees blew out the Orioles last night 9 - 1 and will take them on again today at 1305(1:06pm) with C.C. Sabathia startin' on the mound for the Bombers. Since today is Thursday, I'll be headin' over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for a primo stick or two. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two as well.......
Old 06-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #550
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the Killer Beans coffee is on and T.G.I.F. It was good to see that the Yankees swept the Orioles with a final score of 6 - 3 yesterday afternoon. This evening the Bombers will be taking on the Blue Jays in Toronto at 1907(7:07pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for New York. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesingers / Hudson Valley Cigars. It was good to see Isy and his friend Kegan as well as all the local S/BOTL. Anyway, I hope all of you have a relaxing weekend filled with primo sticks and good times......
Old 06-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #551
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Well, the Yankees got spanked last night 6 - 1 as A.J. was not on his game last night. The two teams will be back at it today with the 1st pitch being thrown at 1307(1:07pm) and Andy Pettitte will be on the mound for the Bombers. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys......
Old 06-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #552
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans coffee is on again. Yesterday, the Yankees lost it in the bottom of the 14th with a final score of 3 - 2. Hopefully the Bombers will win today and take one from the Blue Jays as they have a starting time of 1307(1:07pm) again. Also today we have the NASCAR race from the Poconos which will start at 1300(1pm) weather depending. Here is the weather report for Long Pond, PA from NOAA and it doesn't look good:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-75.4454&e=0

I hope everyone has a great day and gets to smoke a favorite cigar or two or.......
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 AM   #553
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won one yesterday in Toronto with a final score of 4 - 3. They are off today and will be in Baltimore tomorrow evening taking on the Orioles at 1905(7:05pm). Congrats to Denny Hamlin and the entire Joe Gibbs racing team for winning yesterday's Pocono 500. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it......
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 AM   #554
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans coffee is hittin' the spot. As a number of you may know, Beth and I have been house shopping for some time now. We found one that really fit our needs and put an offer on it and the buyers accepted it. Hopefully we get in the house by the end of August / middle of September, depending on the settlement date. We are both excited and ready for the new chapter our life. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 AM   #555
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for the past hour. Well, the Yankees rocked the Orioles last night 12 - 7 (sounds more like a football score) and the two teams will be back at it again tonight at 1905(7:05pm) with C.C. Sabathia startin' on the mound for the Bombers. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 06-10-2010, 03:55 AM   #556
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won again last night down in Baltimore and they'll play one more game of this series at 1905(7:05pm) with A.J. Burnett pitching this evening for the Bombers. Congrats to the Chicago BlackHawks for winning last night NHL game against the Philadelphia Flyers which awarded them this year's Stanley Cup Championship. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 AM   #557
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a good hour now. Well, the Yankees lost last night to the Orioles 4 - 3 and will be taking on the Astros this evening here at home with Andy Pettitte throwing the 1st pitch at 1905(7:05pm). Also this weekend, we have the NASCAR racers live from Michigan International Speedway. I just checked NOAA for Brooklyn, MI and they are calling for 40 - 50 percent chance of rain throught the weekend, so hopefully they can squeeze the races in. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 06-12-2010, 05:30 AM   #558
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankees pulled of another one last night as they won over the Astros 4 - 3. It was Andy Pettitte's 200th win as a Yankee which is quite a milestone. Today the two teams are matched up again with a start time of 1305(1:05pm) here at home in the Bronx. Also today we have plenty of NASCAR and World Cup Soccer for your viewing through out the day. I hope you have a super Saturday and enjoy a favorite or two while relaxing if you can......
Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #559
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees won another one at home beating the Astros 9 - 3 with Jeter hitting 2 homers and Posada breaking it open with a grand slam. Last night in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, young Joey Logano made history by being the first driver to win three consecutive races at one track from the pole position (starting first). Congrats to Joey and the entire Joe Gibbs racing team for stepping up their program this year. Today we have the Yankees taking on the Astros one more time at 1305(1:05pm) with Phil Hughes starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also today, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (the big boys) will be starting roughly at 1300(1pm) as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and gets to relax a bit and enjoy a favorite cigar sometime as well........
Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #560
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. Well, the Yankees swept the Astros with a win yesterday and a final score of 9 - 5. Phil Hughes is now 9 - 1 with the help from Jorge Posada hitting another grand slam in 2 days:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...oumlb_nyamlb_1

Also, congrats to Denny Hamlin and the entire Joe Gibbs racing team again for winning the 400 miler in Michigan. We had a great day yesterday noshing all through the day and smoking top shelf stogies as well. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it.......