Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 07-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Star Trek: TOS

For anyone who's interested, youtube has the entire original Star Trek series available for free. Each episode has three commercials which are no longer than thirty seconds; a small price to pay in order to watch free episodes.

You can see them by clicking on the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/show?p=Zk2dX5DnW_c

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Star Trek: TOS

For those of you who have never seen TOS or prefer TNG or any other Star Trek series, I would urge you to check out the episodes "City on the Edge of Forever" and "Mirror Mirror". These are two of the finest that TOS has to offer IMHO.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Space Seed...must see for the origination of your CUT line.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
Space Seed...must see for the origination of your CUT line.
True. Khan's origin. But I mentioned the two in particular b/c they are classic drama. Those who say that Shatner can't act need to see both of those episodes.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
True. Khan's origin. But I mentioned the two in particular b/c they are classic drama. Those who say that Shatner can't act need to see both of those episodes.
Very true.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I was watching an episode on cable last night and noticed that they reshot all the images of the Enterprise. Instead of the old models, they have new, computerized versions of the ships. Looks like a cheap ILM job. Anybody have any info on this?

Insert quote here.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

No info on the "remix", Andy. But I am surprised no one's mentioned "The Menagerie", "The Trouble With Tribbles", or "I, Mudd" episodes.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
No info on the "remix", Andy. But I am surprised no one's mentioned "The Menagerie", "The Trouble With Tribbles", or "I, Mudd" episodes.
Trouble with Tribbles was fun for us Trekkies (excuse me: Trekkers), but I was placing emphasis on those two episodes for the good acting job by Shatner. I prefer to watch "The Cage" over "The Menagerie", but the added trial in The Menagerie was a great way to put "The Cage" into the series.

EDIT: "The Cage" was the title of the original pilot episode which was featured in the episode "The Menagerie", for those who didn't know what I was talking about.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
blugill
Feeling at Home

Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Balance of Terror
The Empath
City on the edge of forever
blugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

Should I just start at the beginning?
ActionAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #11
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
With this series, it doesn't really matter. You can pick up anywhere on Star Trek. I would steer clear of the third season if you're just starting out. The third season had some "different" stories, some not so good.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:04 PM   #12
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
And the beginning began 55 years ago today - well, actually tonight at 8:30 PM on NBC.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:54 PM   #13
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

WOW! Quite the resurrection of an old thread!
Before your response, Starscream last posted 12 years ago.
Looks like ActionAndy hasn't signed in since 2013. Hopefully by now, he has seen the whole series!
Anyway, one of my favorites has always been "Court Martial." Thought it was one of Shatner's best. Hope all is well with you!
Quote:
And the beginning began 55 years ago today - well, actually tonight at 8:30 PM on NBC.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:49 PM   #14
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Hey, Joe! It's been a minute. Did you notice my "relatively" new non-Joisey address?
Old 09-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #15
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

I did notice! Welcome to the Tarheel state. Might have to work up a herf at some point. I have been MIA for a while. Still smoking cigars, but have had little time for forums. I have missed it! Especially CA. Lots of missing folks, it seems. Noticed that the number of inmates and committed inmates was DOWN from 2018. Was there a culling of the list? If so, glad I was still included here. Work stress, family issues, deaths of friends, grandkids, health issues, blah blah blah. Point is, glad to be poking my nose back in. Hope you are doing well and enjoying the mountains. That is a pretty part of North Carolina, for sure. Blessings on you and yours.

Quote:
Hey, Joe! It's been a minute. Did you notice my "relatively" new non-Joisey address?
Old 09-11-2021, 06:26 AM   #16
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

Recently rewatched the whole series. I was surprised there were a few I hadn't seen. Some strange episodes that weren't rerun very often. "Friday's Child" - Star Fleet officer killing a Klingon unprovoked? McCoy slaps a woman and (possibly?) fathered a child from the chief's wife??? What??? It's all a bit confusing.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #17
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

It was the 1960's and TV was still in its infancy. Still, most of their stories hold up pretty well and are entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srduggins View Post
Recently rewatched the whole series. I was surprised there were a few I hadn't seen. Some strange episodes that weren't rerun very often. "Friday's Child" - Star Fleet officer killing a Klingon unprovoked? McCoy slaps a woman and (possibly?) fathered a child from the chief's wife??? What??? It's all a bit confusing.