Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Nickerson

Thumbs up CAO Black 'VR' Mural

Cigar Name: CAO 'VR'.
Cigar Size: Mural, 4.5"x44.
Wrapper Type: Maduro.

It was such a beautiful Friday night out, our neighbors decided to have a fire. Its sort of a social gathering of the neighborhood for adults and kids. Nice and cool, but not too cool. Not a single mosquito in sight. Perfect time to enjoy a cigar around the fire with my neighbor Steve, Father and Mother who all smoke cigars as well.

Tonight's selection is a CAO 'VR' Mural. Yet another cigar gifted to me by Son of Thor (thanks again Corey!). Man this guy knows what I like. I'm a big CAO fan (Brazilia is one of my all time favorites and Italia is great), though I have yet to try the 'VR'. I'm excited to give this one a try!

Construction: 10/10

If I had to pick one quality of CAO that was above all else, it would be construction. Their cigars are always build solid, nice and heavy in the hand, perfect wrapper, etc. With that said, the construction was flawless on this cigar.

Flavor: 22/25

This cigar really surprised me. Was really a flavorbomb. I would say it was medium-full bodied, medium strength, full flavor. Started off nice and smooth with leather and butter. After first third it loses the butter and becomes more leather, mocha and cedar. The Maduro wrapper gives a light sweetness to the cigar from start to finish. Flavorful and eventful from start to finish.

Draw: 8/10

Relatively easy draw. No issues at all, but I've had better.

Burn: 9/10

Slight uneven burn after first inch. Corrected itself naturally.

Ash: 5/5

Light gray ash. I ashed the cigar 3 times only, about an inch+ on each one. Had to give a good tap for it to come off.

Smoke: 5/5

Sufficient amounts of smoke. Nice strong smell.

Impression: 32/35

Just looking at this tasty Maduro had me drooling. I'm a big fan of Maduro's and CAO. The cigar looks great, well made, heavy in hand, nice strong smell. The size is perfect as well, 4.5"x43-45 is my preferred size. I expected this to be a good cigar. What I didn't expect was it to be so flavorful. Was an excellent cigar from start to finish. For $4.00 and change this is an excellent cigar at an outstanding price.

Overall Rating: 91

Fantastic smoke. I'll definitely have to pick up some more of these once I got some cash. I usually have rootbeer with my cigars, goes well with Maduro's, went really well with this cigar.

If you are a CAO fan or a Maduro fan, give these a try if you haven't already.