Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road
Default Pork Belly Whiskey

I am a big advocate of the saying "Everything is better with bacon". That being said I thought that I met my demise when I saw this, but man was I mistaken.
I was at Saloon in Davis Sq Somerville, MA last night and they have a coctail there that is: pork belly whiskey, bitters and grenadine. At first I didn't want to try it because of the grenadine (not a big fan) but the waitress talked me into trying it with light grenedine. And I'm glad that I did!!!!!!
The first sip was strange. It started off sweet and then after a little over a second turned to BACON!!! It wasn't a strong flavor, but it was there. More of a smokey flavor. It was good.
I tried looking up Pork Belly whiskey, but most of what I found was "how to" sites. So I'm assuming that they make their own, but if anyone knows of any to purchase please let me know.
What a great drink
Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pork Belly Whiskey

I made bacon vodka once.
Meh...
Old 07-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
chestrockwell80

Default Re: Pork Belly Whiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
I am a big advocate of the saying "Everything is better with bacon". That being said I thought that I met my demise when I saw this, but man was I mistaken.
I was at Saloon in Davis Sq Somerville, MA last night and they have a coctail there that is: pork belly whiskey, bitters and grenadine. At first I didn't want to try it because of the grenadine (not a big fan) but the waitress talked me into trying it with light grenedine. And I'm glad that I did!!!!!!
The first sip was strange. It started off sweet and then after a little over a second turned to BACON!!! It wasn't a strong flavor, but it was there. More of a smokey flavor. It was good.
I tried looking up Pork Belly whiskey, but most of what I found was "how to" sites. So I'm assuming that they make their own, but if anyone knows of any to purchase please let me know.
What a great drink
I gotta go there and try it