Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Beer & bourbon tasting

Already a couple of the Broward players can't attend the 23rd. And I still believe we'd get a better turnout on a Sat or Sun afternoon than on a Fri night.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
manny

All,

Agreed JD. I know I'll be there earlier but just smoking a cigar. About Tuthilltown, they are a boutique distillery in New York and produce Hudson Baby Bourbon. Scott Spolverino from the company sent me an e-mail and said they would like to send a representative and a couple cases for us to sample. You can find out more about them at www.tuthilltown.com.

As for Dogfishhead, I spoke with the local distributor down here. He wanted e-mail with some detail so I asked Brooke to send it so it comes from Drew Estate. Also when I spoke with him later that day he mentioned that he had a contact because of a trade worked out between the brewery and DE in the past. It seems as though they love DE cigars so it is quite possible that they will have someone representing them at the event as well but that is not set yet.

What: Drew Estates cigars(LIGA PRIVADA)

Where: Cuban Crafters

3604 NW 7 St

Miami, Fl 33125

When: March 23, 2011 at 6PM

P.S. Cigars,Beer,and Bourbon are covered.

Ok we have the specifics. March 23, 2011 at Cuban Crafters. Jonathan Drew owner of Drew Estates(Liga Privada) will be there with cigars, Tuthilltown Spirits is sending a representative with Bourbon and Dogfishhead beer. Food is available and there will be plenty of room. I think we should start gathering by 6pm and start around 7pm but you can always get there earlier. If you could all start spreading the word it would be excellent.

The event will pair different cigars with different beverages to see how they work together. We will also have seltzer water on hand to freshen the pallet. Food is available from the Cuban Crafters kitchen as well. Like I said you guys are critical in spreading the word. It is your event and I know it will be a great night.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Soooooooo jealous. Sounds like a fantastic event. Wish I didn't live in frikkin Minnesota.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
...About Tuthilltown, they are a boutique distillery in New York and produce Hudson Baby Bourbon. Scott Spolverino from the company sent me an e-mail and said they would like to send a representative and a couple cases for us to sample. You can find out more about them at www.tuthilltown.com.

As for Dogfishhead, I spoke with the local distributor down here. He wanted e-mail with some detail so I asked Brooke to send it so it comes from Drew Estate. Also when I spoke with him later that day he mentioned that he had a contact because of a trade worked out between the brewery and DE in the past. It seems as though they love DE cigars so it is quite possible that they will have someone representing them at the event as well but that is not set yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Soooooooo jealous. Sounds like a fantastic event. Wish I didn't live in frikkin Minnesota.
Come on down for the weekend!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
sspolver

Glad to help on the "stronger stuff" front! Not much of a beer AND bourbon tasting without some sweet, sweet bourbon.